Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 2,408

retired_account

@Supermegaman: I've noticed that your pixel art drawings seem to be enlarged blocks of pixels that you (probably) copy and paste together. There's a MUCH easier way to do this. Zoom in to your page 800%, draw your pixelart, and then you can make it look nice n' big by scaling it up. Looking forward to more of your work!

@zez: That is pretty sweet. Good job. :3

retired_account

zezhyrule

Thanks everyone!!

Supermegaman wrote:

@zez Thats awesome!!! I cant tell who the guy in the top right is... cecil maybe? Ive only played the ds one so i cant tell.

I never really played the SNES version much either, except a few time at my cousin's house. He never liked it...

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Percentful

I don't know what to make... Any suggestions?

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Trin

Supermegaman wrote:

@zez it kind of looks like he's saying objection... so i edited it a tad...

Untitled

I think he looks more like he is warning his friends of an approaching, and as yet unseen, snake. Thus:

Untitled

Trin

StarBoy91

That's an awesome banner, zez.

To each their own

Percentful

@thelawyer oh yes! You just reminded me of something I was planning to make, but forgot! Heh heh heh... this is going to be fun!
Oh, and before you ask, yes, it is related to mario & luigi.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

longtimegamer

@110percentful: Well, if you don't want to offend, then don't tell me to use correct grammer, because that's insulting. You could have just asked me to explain it better or say you don't understand the question.

SO, let me see..... Do you all just draw things, then make them look pixelated with programs or do some of you actually make little squares to use as pixels when you are doing your pixel art?

Hopefully that's better. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited on by longtimegamer

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

StarBoy91

I draw on Paint. Although, for my new avatar, there were instances when I put in tiny squares (i.e. stellar constellation that spelled out my username). It's fun to draw on Paint.

To each their own

Supermegaman

@longtimegamer well i do option number 2. little squares are good.
@pixelman actually the problem im having is i go to the brush dialoge thing (im using gimp btw) and i made a square brush thing, but whenever i put it on the page, it has these odd faint lines around it... thats what creates the effect that you noticed... that and my bad drawing do you know what im doing wrong maybe? or do you not use gimp?
@trin lol

KanrakusPizza

StarBoy91 wrote:

I draw on Paint. Although, for my new avatar, there were instances when I put in tiny squares (i.e. stellar constellation that spelled out my username). It's fun to draw on Paint.

You drawings are AWESOME. I can draw really well in real life, but I SUCK on MS Paint. I dont know how you do it.

wont be on here anymore

retired_account

@Supermegaman: Ahhh, you need to use the pencil (Circle (01)), not the brush. And yes, I do use Gimp. Also, if you need to erase something check the "Hard Edge" option in the Eraser tool.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Toon_Link

Roopa132 wrote:

ok my very first attempt. it doesn't look very good...
I wanted to make a model so that I can customize my avatar for different events (holidays, games I'm looking forward to etc.)
so after I finished the model I just made a toon link for fun
btw: JPEG kinda messes up the images (it adds random pixels). what's the best image format for pixelart images?
Untitled Model
Untitled Toon Link
Edit: Changed the model a bit

Untitled Before
Untitled After

Edit2: tried a few image formats: .jpg adds random pixels, .bmp. has limited colors... so which one should I take?

Why are you making fun of me with his funky-lookin' face?

Toon_Link

Shane_Gill

Posting a couple more things.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

EDIT: The top image is pretty big, might want to right click and then "View/show image."

Edited on by Shane_Gill

Shane_Gill

Rensch

HOLY SH*T THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!!

I like that Cecil very much, too.

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.