Forums

Topic: Pixar To Release Toy Story 4 in 2017.

Posts 41 to 55 of 55

Ralek85

The Toy Story franchise made them billions of dollars, all the while earning them universal critical acclaim consistently - not something many trilogies can claim. Considering the strong end to the first trilogy with Andy, as well as the several entertaining short-films/ specials in between, as well as Pixar's general trackrecord, I don't see any reason to assume Toy Story 4 will turn out anything short of outstanding. I doubt they would risk tainting one of their most valuable franchises with a quick cash grab. It's been a long time coming, and personally, as a huge fan of the movies, I couldn't be more excited!

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

TheOneWhoEats

BUT STILL NO INCREDIBLES 2???

"Make jokes, not sense." - Somebody

TwilightV

The only way you'd get me to watch this is if it addressed the toys that were written out in the previous film. That irked me more than anything else that Pixar has ever done (save the Cars series).

TwilightV

PanicPuppet

Honestly, my first reaction was "why?" and I love the movies with all my heart! But 3 just wrapped things up so perfectly and beautifully; you'd think Disney would respect that and not force Pixar into milking this beloved franchise to undignified levels. (From what I've heard it was Disney's call on greenlighting 4 not Pixar's.)

I'm fine with Finding Dory, and its about time The Incredibles 2 was announced; but I really want to see A Bug's Life 2, its one of the only Pixar films that's been nearly forgotten!

PanicPuppet

mystman12

How come so many people here don't realize that The Incredibles 2 has already been announced and does exist?
(Tried pasting a link to one of the articles talking about it, but iOS 8 just would not let me paste it...)

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Ralizah

Won't see this. Toy Story 3 was a mature and touching conclusion to the trilogy. I never expected such a brave send-off to the franchise. As far as I am concerned, that is the end of the series.

Besides, Pixar hasn't made a great movie in years (although Monsters U. was surprisingly decent). The only things that have matched the quality of their older films are the first half of Wall-E and the first ten minutes of Up. At this point they're the Square-Enix of American animated films. All of the talent in that studio seems to have migrated back to Disney, as they have been KILLING IT in the last few years with films like The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, and most recently Big Hero 6.

Also, Dreamworks Animation has real potential. I NEVER would have expected a movie as high-quality as How to Train Your Dragon 2 from that studio. It's still the best movie I've seen this year.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Drobotic

Reserving all judgement until I actually see what the film is about and of course some reviews.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

CanisWolfred

I really wish I could see How to Train Your Dragon 2...but no one else in my immediate family wants to watch it, despite loving the first and the rest of my family telling them it's a good movie...and I don't watch movies on my own (seriously I haven't sat through a movie on my own since 2009...).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

nitrolink

As long as Finding Dory still releases before this movie, I will be happy. Still no word on The Incredibles 2 release... that one is my favorite.

Pixar's plan is to release an original film every year and a sequel film every 2 years starting in 2015. So in 2015 we get 2 movies, in 2016 we get 1 movie, in 2017 we get 2 movies, etc.

Edited on by nitrolink

nitrolink

Electricmastro

Jazzer94 wrote:

So instead of ever getting Incredibles 2 lets just keep milking Toy Story......................great.

TheOneWhoEats wrote:

BUT STILL NO INCREDIBLES 2???

Incredibles 2 was announced months ago:

http://screenrant.com/incredibles-2-cars-3-details/

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

iKhan

rferrari24 wrote:

As long as Finding Dory still releases before this movie, I will be happy. Still no word on The Incredibles 2 release... that one is my favorite.

Pixar's plan is to release an original film every year and a sequel film every 2 years starting in 2015. So in 2015 we get 2 movies, in 2016 we get 1 movie, in 2017 we get 2 movies, etc.

Assuming Brad Bird is directing (it wouldn't be right if he didn't), it will be 2018 at the earliest, 2019 at the latest, as his "TommorrowLand" is coming out next summer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Bird#Filmography

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

nitrolink

@iKhan

Sounds like we answered our own question: 2019 for Incredibles 2

nitrolink

Drawdler

CanisWolfred wrote:

I really wish I could see How to Train Your Dragon 2...but no one else in my immediate family wants to watch it, despite loving the first and the rest of my family telling them it's a good movie...and I don't watch movies on my own (seriously I haven't sat through a movie on my own since 2009...).

I honestly don't think it's as good as many people say, or that it tops the first. While it certainly isn't a bad film (I liked it a lot and I'm really glad it advanced things rather than being a rehash), it feels cluttered since all the subplots don't tie together that well.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

CanisWolfred

Drawdler wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I honestly don't think it's as good as many people say, or that it tops the first. While it certainly isn't a bad film (I liked it a lot and I'm really glad it advanced things rather than being a rehash), it feels cluttered since all the subplots don't tie together that well.

Still better than the last 5 films I've watched...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Freelance

I am abnormal in the fact I am not a fan of Pixar at all. I did love TS, as I've said earlier, but all the other movies were just really meh to me. I also thought the same about Dreamworks movies, but man, all of their recent movies (well, most of their recent movies...) are a big step above what they normally do. Now I seriously think DW is the best western Animation studio (I would've said Disney years ago, but man, I don't like how they're running things now) these days. Their movies have been top notch for years now, far beating Pixar IMO, which is high praise indeed when I used to despise them. I also used to worship the ground Disney stood on, but that's wayyy in the past now.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.