Forums

Topic: Pixar To Release Toy Story 4 in 2017.

Posts 21 to 40 of 55

CanisWolfred

I gave up on Pixar more because I don't like their art styles anymore than anything else. They can do non-human well, but cartoon-y propurtions just don't work in CGI with realistic shading and plastic-y textures, IMO...seriously, Toy Story looked okay because you were usually dealing with toys, so all that was necessary. But now everything has to look like Toy Story, regardless of whether or not it fits...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

Electricmastro wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I have yet to be disappointed by one of their movies. Now I will admit the newest planes spin off doesn't look as interesting.

So you weren't disappointed by Cars 2?

What's there to be disappointed by? It's just a story in the cars universe. Just about anything they did wasn't going to top the first movie.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

sinalefa

Well, as long as the story is not that the little girl from 3 goes to college and passes the toys to someone else...

But I will keep optimistic, as I have liked all 3 TS pictures.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

Ryu_Niiyama

sinalefa wrote:

Well, as long as the story is not that the little girl from 3 goes to college and passes the toys to someone else...

But I will keep optimistic, as I have liked all 3 TS pictures.

Could be Bonnie going to college....maybe with a baby sitting job?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Drawdler

I haven't seen Brave or Monsters U, but I'm semi-optimistic about this. I'm curious to see how Inside Out turns out, since from what I hear neither Brave nor MU were as good as their last efforts (but I heard more positive things about MU, so hopefully they are improving again).

SkywardLink98 wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

#sellout #cashcow

#pleasedon'thashtag #it'sreallyannoying

My sister actually speaks in conversations with hashtags sometimes. In real life. It's dumb.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Spoony_Tech

Monster University is easily in my top 5. I've seen it No less then 30 times mostly due to my 2year old but still I never get bored of it.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

iKhan

Donjwolf wrote:

Good grief, stop making more of these!! Toy Story 3 proves they've already run out of ideas. If you take away the daycare setting, the movie is basically Toy Story 2, but in a daycare. The first movie was the best movie of the three, but you'd think they'd stop at 3, since Andy's all grown up. Guess I was sorely mistaken.

Lol what? Toy Story 3 is the greatest Pixar movie to date. Not even Brad Bird's movies can touch it.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

I don't really care whether or not John Lasseter is directing or if the movie is a cash grab. Toy Story 4 should never happen. Toy Story 3 has an ending that you can't make a sequel to without unraveling the previous film. In a way, it's like trying to make a sequel to Hamlet or Macbeth (minus the everyone being dead part).

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Jazzer94

So instead of ever getting Incredibles 2 lets just keep milking Toy Story......................great.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

NintendoFan64

Okay, on one hand this could end up being a major cash grab and end up being crap, especially since Toy Story 3's ending was a pretty good way to end the series, and while I didn't see Cars 2, I did see Brave, and my initial reaction was "Meh". On the other hand, you never know, they might actually surprise us. Though honestly I would've preferred that they go with different toys this time, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Long story short, Pixar, I loved Toy Story as a child, I still have a soft spot for it today, so if you ruin it, I will hunt you down.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Spoony_Tech

Jazzer94 wrote:

So instead of ever getting Incredibles 2 lets just keep milking Toy Story......................great.

Sounds like Mario and the Metroid franchise or worse yet F-zero.

MERG said:

Retro_on_theGo

You can't tell me this is good. Maybe if it wasn't coming off the heels of Monster's University, which came off the heels of Cars 2, which came of the heels of Toy Story 3. Not to mention we still have Incredibles 2 coming up and Cars 3.
The Good Dinosaur is the only upcoming original film they have coming up and that has been getting pushed back for a while. Brave being the only other original film if I'm not mistaken inbetween all these sequels and it was ehhh.

NintendoFan64

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

You can't tell me this is good. Maybe if it wasn't coming off the heels of Monster's University, which came off the heels of Cars 2, which came of the heels of Toy Story 3. Not to mention we still have Incredibles 2 coming up and Cars 3.
The Good Dinosaur is the only upcoming original film they have coming up and that has been getting pushed back for a while. Brave being the only other original film if I'm not mistaken inbetween all these sequels and it was ehhh.

I've only seen Brave, but heard about Cars 2, so...yeah. There is definitely a reason to be worried.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Freelance

iKhan wrote:

Lol what? Toy Story 3 is the greatest Pixar movie to date. Not even Brad Bird's movies can touch it.

Uh, sorry, but I have to disagree with that. Toy Story is the greatest Pixar movie for me.

Also, I was quite under the impression that Pixar was totally against sequels, so why are there so many coming out?

Freelance

MikeLove

AK-1138 wrote:

Sigh, Pixar, Pixar, Pixar. What I loved about them and made them special pretty much died sometime between Toy Story 3 and whatever movie they made after that was. I no longer care what movies they make, because they are never going to be as good again. God only knows what happened to them to make them lose the magic.

Untitled

MikeLove

iKhan

Donjwolf wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Uh, sorry, but I have to disagree with that. Toy Story is the greatest Pixar movie for me.

Also, I was quite under the impression that Pixar was totally against sequels, so why are there so many coming out?

I love Toy Story. It's definitely in my top 5 Pixar movies. Not a fan of TS2 though. I thought the Prospector was a stupid villain, and Jessie and Bullseye were completely unnecessary characters.

But Toy Story 3 is the movie that really resonated with me. First and foremost the movie came out the same year I graduated High School, so the whole idea of leaving your childhood behind was a painfully true message. But beyond that, I think Lotso is simply one of the strongest animated villains I have ever seen. The combined feeling of abandonment and jealousy made him both wonderfully insane, and frighteningly evil. And then there is the usual stuff that makes Toy Story great like the humor and the great protagonists.

I guess it's the same reason Monsters University struck such a chord with me too, coming out while I was in college.

As for the sequels, I don't remember hearing Pixar say they were against sequels, but some movies stories are good for sequels while others are not. The Incredibles is a story that is begging for a sequel. We see a growth of characters and reestablishment of heroes, and it just leaves us wanting more. That's why people wanted Incredibles 2 so much.

Ratatouille on the other hand would be utterly ruined by a sequel. Everything is wrapped up really nicely in the end. The other sequels that Pixar is doing are really neutral. Finding Nemo works with or without a sequel (though by now I hate that movie so much I'd rather it just go away). Monsters Inc. works well with or without a prequel.

The one Pixar sequel/prequel I personally want to see is A Bug's Life. IMO it's the most criminally underrated Pixar movie out there.

My top 5 Pixar movies:
1. Toy Story 3
2. The Incredibles
3. Ratatouille
4. Toy Story
5. Monster University

I haven't seen Up, Wall-E, Cars, Cars 2, or Brave

iKhan

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Inside Out is also coming out next year.

Incredibles 2 probably won't happen until 2019, as, if history means anything, Brad Bird movies happen only every 4 years , hence why he's so unknown.

CanisWolfred wrote:

I gave up on Pixar more because I don't like their art styles anymore than anything else. They can do non-human well, but cartoon-y propurtions just don't work in CGI with realistic shading and plastic-y textures, IMO...seriously, Toy Story looked okay because you were usually dealing with toys, so all that was necessary. But now everything has to look like Toy Story, regardless of whether or not it fits...

I'm not crazy about the art style of Up, Wall-E, or Brave but do you really think The Incredibles' and Ratatouille's human characters looked bad? I thought they fit the world they build just fine.

Edited on by iKhan

CanisWolfred

I couldn't even stand looking at the ads of Ratatouille, even the rat looks off-putting...The Incredibles works when the characters are all wearing their masks and costumes, since then it makes them look like living toys just like in Toy Story, but I found them weird looking at them in their normal clothes. Really, the problem for a lot of it is just how plastic-y everyone looks looks. They need a different approach to lighting and texture, even Dreamworks stuff is more palatable to me visual (albeit slightly) solely because of the lighting and a softer texture. To me [....FFffff I'm having trouble giving examples...I'll be back later, I'm sooo tired right now]
Heck, in Rise of the Guardians, the weirdest looking thing in it is the rabbit-looking guy. I can live with that. (Too bad Rise of the Guardians was a bland, forgettable movie based on a decent kids book...) I was also gonna mention How to Train Your Dragon, but that one mostly works so well visually because it doesn't go full-on cartoon-y with the proportions. I wouldn't say it's completely realistic, but it's mostly subtle enough to be believeable. Even the skin of the dragon up-close is surprisingly detailed and kinda looks like a lizard's skin. They didn't need to make that realistic looking, but it certainly helped that they did.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Nintenbomba64

Only because Woody and gang aren't with Andy now (which there w/ Bonnie now) it don't mean the adventure is over, in fact its the start of a new one. just look at Toy Story of TERROR/Small fry and Hawaiian Vacation for instance.

3DS FRIEND CODE: 0834-3222-4994

Nintendo Network ID: Nintenbomba64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.