Forums

Topic: Pics or you dont exist

Posts 121 to 140 of 336

JuneBelle

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@JuneBelle: Hey, no worries; we're not really trying to FORCE him...more like playful coercing, if that makes sense. He's earned himself a special place on this site, so such joking is to be expected. I do fully respect and understand your personal desire to remain anonymous, as well.

Ah. Okay. Well, then carry on. LOL (On a side note, you can assume that I am female. LOL.)

By the way, nice to see some Disney World fans. I'm a hardcore Disney fan. Sooo.... Yeah.....
Goin' back in a few weeks!!! Yay!

Edited on by JuneBelle

JuneBelle

Deleted

JuneBelle wrote:

PhoenixSage wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

Aww, come on. just put on some make-up, comb your hair...y'know. It can't be that bad. You can deny your fans their requests.

Y'know, I've never once had someone suggest that I go put make-up and do up my hair, but then again, none of you have the benefit of actually seeing my face and knowing that it wouldn't change a thing. Huh, maybe I will later when my roommate's not around. It would go well with the skirt.

...too bad none of you will get to see that, huh?

Maybe someday...it's really the paranoia that gets me, not the fact that my gender would be confirmed, as it's now just a joke.

I agree.

I don't think that the rest of you guys have the right to force people to show their pictures. I know that I have my own reasons for never posting my pic on the internet, especially an open forum for all the world to see.

I used to be like that, JuneBelle. I never posted my picture anywhere. In fact, I never took pictures. In the old days, it was because camera's were too expensive to afford. I can't even remember what I looked like as a kid. You know, people get old and gray. I'm not sure I'll always be good looking (even if I'm the only one who seems to think I am), so, you know, take pictures and have fun with it before you turn 80 and can't even figure out how to work the cameras in 2060. XD

People want to know the face behind the avatar, and more often than not people are surprised to see how people really look. The picture people form in their head is almost never anything remotely like the real thing.

Deleted

melvin2898

I'd rather not see someone's face.It ruins the magic.

Souls are for the weak. I flow with the darkness on the pathway of depression.

Twitter:

JuneBelle

PuppetMasterKuruku wrote:

JuneBelle wrote:

PhoenixSage wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

Aww, come on. just put on some make-up, comb your hair...y'know. It can't be that bad. You can deny your fans their requests.

Y'know, I've never once had someone suggest that I go put make-up and do up my hair, but then again, none of you have the benefit of actually seeing my face and knowing that it wouldn't change a thing. Huh, maybe I will later when my roommate's not around. It would go well with the skirt.

...too bad none of you will get to see that, huh?

Maybe someday...it's really the paranoia that gets me, not the fact that my gender would be confirmed, as it's now just a joke.

I agree.

I don't think that the rest of you guys have the right to force people to show their pictures. I know that I have my own reasons for never posting my pic on the internet, especially an open forum for all the world to see.

I used to be like that, JuneBelle. I never posted my picture anywhere. In fact, I never took pictures. In the old days, it was because camera's were too expensive to afford. I can't even remember what I looked like as a kid. You know, people get old and gray. I'm not sure I'll always be good looking (even if I'm the only one who seems to think I am), so, you know, take pictures and have fun with it before you turn 80 and can't even figure out how to work the cameras in 2060. XD

People want to know the face behind the avatar, and more often than not people are surprised to see how people really look. The picture people form in their head is almost never anything remotely like the real thing.

Oh, I take pictures for sure. (Once my parents had a 3D camera that three lenses and took special pictures that were those...what do you call them....? Those posters that have ribbed plastic on top that lets you see different things from different angles. It was like that.) I have LOTS of pics as a kid and growing up. (Just developed some of them only a year or so ago.)
I just don't like random internet strangers knowing what I look like or stealing my picture and doing whatever with it. You never know what will make some silent stalker pick you. I had a silent stalker once who spoke up after a while. I was thankful I had never posted a picture of myself for him to grab. I dropped off and went away no harm done.

JuneBelle

Machu

OK, you've totally put me off now. I was about to as well, what with the drinkin n' shturf.

stop bein' a pu55y machu!!!

Rawr!

The_Fox

I'm actually surprised so many did post pics. People tend to be pretty online-shy as far as pics go. I guess some could be fibbing, but I'll take everyone at their word for it.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Stuffgamer1

@JuneBelle: Yeah, I was pretty sure you were female. I shudder to think of a guy with your user name and avatar... That's also part of why I understand your not wanting to post pictures. Fact is, it's generally a lot more dangerous for the ladies. I don't think anybody's going to care about my ugly mug, though.

Also, in the secondary topic: I'm also a fan of Disney (not TOO major, but pretty big for a guy my age), but I've sadly never been to Disney World.

@The Fox: No offense, but I refuse to believe your picture is real-life accurate.

I think people feel safer around NLife than on most sites...the folk around here are generally a WHOLE lot nicer than just about anywhere else on the web. And like I just said, I don't see what harm can come of posting my picture. I can't imagine anyone wanting to stalk ME.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Adam

I'm afraid someone will stalk me, too, June Belle. That's why my only picture I posted was one of me in costume.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Machu

Yeah Fox I totally gotta give props for being so brave. For chasing that mouse and posting a pic of it.

Internet, anonymity... I'm starting to see why we all like it so much, lol. Massive respect to those who have laid them self bare (so to speak), I will join you soon, honest. Not that I need to, as you've all seen my face a hundred times.

Rawr!

Stuffgamer1

@Machu: I like seeing how close people's Mii's and avatars look, actually. That's really a lot of why I posted my 360 avatar. It DOES look like me, doesn't it?

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Machu

Yeah Stuffy it does actually. Nice work. And nice 'scary glance at the cam' btw.

EDIT: Post your pic already Adam, I have enough information to get me started, but need a picture to complete the shrine.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Slapshot

@Tony..... Funny we were both there on the same weekend and ended up droppin pics in this thread with stormtroopers I ended up buying a Star Wars Fossil Watch, Yoda Shirt and all kinds of new Star Wars stuff to add to my pretty large collection of Space Junk.

@Stuffy.... Ill second it that your avatar looks alot like you, funny thing is you look a lot like a friend of mine from down here

@Prosody.... Ill have to find some pics and scan them of my wedding because my tux and the colors are Very Similar to yours. Good taste my good man.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

JuneBelle

@Machu: Sorry about that. Like StuffGamer said, guys aren't as likely to get strange people snooping around. But it's up to you.

@Stuffgamer1: LOL. Yes, my username and avatar are extremely feminine. Hee hee; but, then again, PheonixSage's combination username and avatar (what with Jean Grey=Pheonix and all) lean heavily towards female. Yeah, being female does have a great deal to do with not posting pics. Always was nervous about it; but I had considered it several times until that incident which made up my mind. I definitely would never post a pic on an open forum. The only one I would ever consider is something like that big LongHair Community board has where people are required to post a certain number of good posts before seeing certain portions and pictures. That way someone can't just drop on by and poke around.

I agree that people on these boards are nicer; but this is still an open forum..... There isn't even a hidden forum for just members.

Secondary Topic: Yes, I'm fairly old, too. But I don't care. (It helps that I am female, though. I can get away with it more easily.) Aaaww.... I'm sorry to hear that you have never been. Well, I hear Disney is running some specials. Plus, there's always the cheaper motels in Kissimee (just watch your back at night).

@Adam: Yes, that's some very heavy face paint you have there. LOL

@Slapshot: I could have been there, too..... I was just there in June....

Edited on by JuneBelle

JuneBelle

grenworthshero

The way I figure, I don't see how posting my picture on here is any different than all the times I've allowed my picture to be taken for the local newspaper, or my school's public website. I also don't see how me giving my name out is any different than telling it to someone I just met. I'm not going to force anyone to post their pictures, because I understand the reservations, but I don't mind doing it.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

cheetahman91

Bah I ain't afraid of no stalker. I just don't want God and everybody seeing me on the web.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

JuneBelle

grenworthshero wrote:

The way I figure, I don't see how posting my picture on here is any different than all the times I've allowed my picture to be taken for the local newspaper, or my school's public website. I also don't see how me giving my name out is any different than telling it to someone I just met. I'm not going to force anyone to post their pictures, because I understand the reservations, but I don't mind doing it.

I can't help it if some stranger sees me walking around. However, he, at least, would be very noticeable leaning over listening to my conversations; and I would probably eventually notice him hanging around all the time. But, on the web, someone can follow you; and you would never know it..... It freaks me out.

Edit: By the way, I'm not trying to tell any of you to not post your pics. I'm just saying that no one should be pushed into posting a picture; and I won't do it. And these are my reasons.

Edited on by JuneBelle

JuneBelle

Machu

I might just post a picture of my ass, then I'll have introduced myself and clung onto my privacy. Sorted!

reaches for camera

Rawr!

JuneBelle

Machu wrote:

I might just post a picture of my ass, then I'll have introduced myself and clung onto my privacy. Sorted!

reaches for camera

/runs screaming

JuneBelle

grenworthshero

Machu wrote:

reaches for camera

I feel a pre-emptive locking may be in order, for the sake of our children

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

jpfan1989

lz2009 wrote:

Untitled

You wonder why i like the wind so much. Also, I'm wearing my Mario hat.

It's funnier because I was apart of the inside joke

Untitled

3DS:: 1805 2437 5220
Nintendo Network ID PhoenixFalconer

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.