Forums

Topic: Overrated Games.

Posts 101 to 118 of 118

_zoipi

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

zoipi wrote:

MOst of the 360 games, like GTA IV

I think that is your Nintendo bias speaking.

Is just my opinion. NEarly all de retail X360 games i've played didnt felt me so good as a lot of people say:

*Oblivion: Way too slow, i prefer Fallout 3
*Viva Piñata: Cool, but it's nearly impossible to get a better garden since some points in the game
*Perfect Dark Zero: A normal FPS.
*Virtua Fighter 5: Extremele technic game style.
*Assassin's Creed: A lot of flaws, but still is a good game
*NInety Nine Nights: A lot of people i know say its a good game, when its really a poorly done Dynasty Warriors.
*Eternal Sonata: Eternally boring...

That's all my humble opinion.

_zoipi

Twitter:

Adam

God of War is just like Halo. They both take place in space and star Samus Aran. How are you guys not getting this?

Maybe he meant that it is "the Halo of the hack and slash genre," so to speak? Which I suppose I could buy, if I knew more about both God of War and 3D beat-em-ups, but neither interests me so I can't comment on overratedness there, personally.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

shingi_70

The same reason people find halo boring and uninspired is the same reason i find God of war not that great. Don,t get me wrong its a good game, but i find that people blow it out of porportion. The gameplay is solid but i find it pretty repetitive and after a while the whole Brooding Hero wants to kill everything in his wake gets tired. So i'm saying what halo does to most people about the Xbox, god of war does the same for the Playstation. Plus i have a friend who refuses to read actual Greek mythology because of this.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Machu

zombieadam wrote:

it is "the Halo of the hack and slash genre,"

Sounds about right to me. That's the one thing about MH3 that worries me. Hack n' Slashers suck! imo

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

shingi_70

Machu wrote:

zombieadam wrote:

it is "the Halo of the hack and slash genre,"

Sounds about right to me. That's the one thing about MH3 that worries me. Hack n' Slashers suck! imo

Well Monster Hunter is a diffrent type of hack n' slash the gameplay is fouces on mutiplayer exploration and custmization. (hoping Capcom doesn't decide to charge like sega does with phansty star universe)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

RandomWiiPlayer

Paper Mario, the entire series. I absolutely hate all three of them.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

CanisWolfred

zoipi wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

zoipi wrote:

MOst of the 360 games, like GTA IV

I think that is your Nintendo bias speaking.

Is just my opinion. NEarly all de retail X360 games i've played didnt felt me so good as a lot of people say:

*Oblivion: Way too slow, i prefer Fallout 3
*Viva Piñata: Cool, but it's nearly impossible to get a better garden since some points in the game
*Perfect Dark Zero: A normal FPS.
*Virtua Fighter 5: Extremele technic game style.
*Assassin's Creed: A lot of flaws, but still is a good game
*NInety Nine Nights: A lot of people i know say its a good game, when its really a poorly done Dynasty Warriors.
*Eternal Sonata: Eternally boring...

That's all my humble opinion.

...I think at least half of those games you mentioned are either Love-hate, or universally hated.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ATRUEZELDAFAN

Halo series and Uncharted series

CHECK OUT MY AWSOME VIDS! http://www.youtube.com/user/ATRUEZELDAFAN

Slapshot

First lets get this straight guys...... God of War has a fighting engine built into the gameplay its NOT a Hack and Slash. HandS games examples are Diable, Champions of Norath, Dragon Age, etc. NOT God of War. Uncharted was probably one of the most Underated games on the PS3.... its sequel actually deserves all the praise it get and if you say it doesn't that would be because you haven't played the game. Dont critic something you have never played.

Overated Game......
Mario Kart Wii
Wii Play
Halo
Killzone 2
Gran Turismo
Need for Speed Franchise since Underground 2 until SHIFT

Most Overated Game of ALL TIME....... Goes to New Super Mario Bros DS.
After waited upwards of 10 years to get a new side scrolling Mario we got a Uninspiring, Strip Downed Power Ups, Bare Bone Basic platformer. Not to mention it was so easy a grandparent could beat it. It isnt worthy of the franchise that it came from. I walked away from the game wishing it didnt exist. Apparently Nintendo heard people just like ME, cause NSMB Wii is Brutally Hard..... so hard in fact that if you die too many times you can opt to watch how a developer cleared the level. Its got insane power ups and brings back Yoshis. This the Mario we have been waiting for. Thank you Nintendo..... that is what I say, bring it on. NSMB DS should be banned.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ds/newsupermariobro... super mario bros

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

FATEM

@Slapshot I think the reason everyone recommends Wii Play is because of the Wiimote it came with.

FATEM

Timwario

NSMB DS is not the most overrated game IMO. It's not that bad. Though I have to agree with halo.

Edited on by Timwario

Timwario

tylero09

lol, well I've come late to this party and get the feeling I'm about to be viewed as some kind of anti-christ, because I've always found that Ocarina of Time and the Metroid Prime series are some of Ninty's most overrated games, and I have also loved every Halo game - the single player's never been much cop (except ODST), but I'm sorry, there are few games that can match it for multiplayer lols I don't think I ever have more fun playing a game then when I go to my friend's house and we have a 12(-ish) player LAN-fest
Personal opinions ftw

Wii: 4057-1101-4172-6642
Mario Kart Wii: 5069-4059-7720

RandomWiiPlayer

tylero09 wrote:

lol, well I've come late to this party and get the feeling I'm about to be viewed as some kind of anti-christ, because I've always found that Ocarina of Time and the Metroid Prime series are some of Ninty's most overrated games, and I have also loved every Halo game - the single player's never been much cop (except ODST), but I'm sorry, there are few games that can match it for multiplayer lols I don't think I ever have more fun playing a game then when I go to my friend's house and we have a 12(-ish) player LAN-fest
Personal opinions ftw

Metroid Prime and Ocarina of Time are great, but yeah, extremely overrated. And not many people are saying that the Halo games are necessarily bad, just overrated.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Trin

Yup.

The first Halo was a bit shakey, and pretty dull really, but 2 and 3 are not by any sane persons standards bad games. They are not, however, the 'bestestestestest FPS game ev0r' as far too many people seem to think.

Ocarina of Time is overrated, brilliant, but overrated. It's not the best game ever. It's not the best Zelda ever. It's not even the best 3D Zelda ever.

Trin

Timwario

Halo is not that bad, but it seemed that a lot of FPSs wanted to be just like it. An advertisement for a halo clone is even inside the original box!

Timwario

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.