Forums

Topic: Other Unpopular Opinions (non-gaming tech/media)

Posts 321 to 340 of 351

Whydoievenbother

@Tubalcain Emo Parker was hilarious!

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Whydoievenbother

@diwdiws I know! It never gets less funny!

Tell me this isn't hilarious!

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Realm_of_Chaos

I'm getting sick of superhero movies coming out every other month.

Realm_of_Chaos

Tyranexx

I'm likely in the minority here, but I actually prefer dubbed anime to subbed anime. I understand why some prefer it subbed, but I have a hard time keeping track of the action on-screen when I have to read the subtitles as well. I sometimes end up frequently pausing the episode while I catch up.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

DefHalan

@Tyranexx i am there with you Dubbed over Subbed any time. Funimation Now is a great service for dubbed anime

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

gcunit

Yeh, I'm not sure why people shout so loudly about watching it with original audio track. It just all sounds the same if you don't know the language at all.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tyranexx

It would definitely be different if I actually understood Japanese (that's on the bucket list). Admittedly some dubbed voices are a bit cringey, but then again at times I don't feel like even the original voices fit a character very well. (Naruto, for example)

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

gcunit

@Tyranexx That's exactly what I find, I see a character and make an assumption about them based on their appearance, then the Jap voice kicks in and totally throws my preconceived idea. Perhaps i just need to increase my exposure to it so I get used to it, but it does almost feel like the Japanese version is the dub because it feels so out of place sometimes.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

DefHalan

Not all Dubs are created equal. But I will say there are a few Animes I have seen both sub and dub of and sometimes the dubs are better. Devil is a Part Timer is way better dubbed than sub in my opinion.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

diwdiws

@MrMario02 the dancing emo, bangs wearing parker nhfills me with anger and happiness at the same time! I want to punch him in the nuts and slap him a high five! hahah

Edited on by diwdiws

diwdiws

Tyranexx

DefHalan wrote:

Not all Dubs are created equal. But I will say there are a few Animes I have seen both sub and dub of and sometimes the dubs are better. Devil is a Part Timer is way better dubbed than sub in my opinion.

I've noticed the same thing as well, that some dubs are actually done better. It's been some time since I've watched both versions of an anime, but the last one I watched (Digimon Xros Wars) was for the most part better in its dubbed version.

Whydoievenbother

The Death Note Netflix movie, while a bad adaptation that misses the point of the original series, has a lot of redeeming qualities, in my opinion.
1. Willem Dafoe knocks it out of the park as Ryuk.
2. The lighting and cinematography are quite good.
3. The ending scene where Light reveals how he was able to kill off Mia is very classic Death Note
4. The soundtrack is actually pretty catchy.
5. While it does take some major changes to the source material, it still has some clever references to the manga/anime (Ryuk loves apples, L constantly eats sweets, Watari mentions the school where Mello and Near were trained to replace L, etc.)

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

KirbyTheVampire

I generally find anime pretty cringy. The loud and obnoxious voices and the melodrama are really annoying, and I'm not a big fan of the animation style. Some of the animation is better than others, though.

Plus, I'm sure it played a big role in all the non-Japanese people using words like "Senpai" and titles like "san" and "sama". The title thing especially just kills me inside. If you're not Japanese, please don't give people Japanese titles. It just screams "weeaboo".

KirbyTheVampire

Ralizah

@KirbyTheVampire Hi. I'm going to be "that guy."

There is no singular "animation style" in anime, any more than there is in Western animation.

These are both anime.

Aside from both being Japanese shows, they're nothing alike. Not in tone, not in style, not in content.

That's because anime isn't a genre; it's a medium.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

KirbyTheVampire

@Ralizah When I refer to the anime style of animation, I'm mostly referring to stuff similar to the bottom one, since that's generally what most people think of when they think "anime". Stuff like the top one is fine.

KirbyTheVampire

LuckyLand

Every video game console should have installed by default a picture viewer with relaxing and catchy background music. It's since the GBA era that I wish for something like that, then the Xbox360/Wii/PS3 came and I thought we made it and then they screw things up as soon as the next generation got released.
A picture viewer should be mandatory, a more generic media player would be very welcome but I can accept if it's not present.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Anti-Matter

I'm sick with these :
1. Soccer / football, the lamest + the most boring + the most stupid sport in the Universe.
2. People who oftenly ask with questions " Have you got Married ?" " Have you got Boyfriend / Girlfriend ?". Please..... is that really necessary to be asked about ?!
3. Movies that include Smooch scenery frequently.
4. Smartphone games invasion.
5. Counterfeit products from China with similar names but different. (I have ever found there were Lego blocks alike toys with Pokemon theme but named by Pekomon, made in China)
6. Moe / Naughty girls from Anime or Manga or games. Seriously, why does always girls exploited too much ? How about Muscular handsome guys as the Opposite ?
7. Neverending story Anime with Stupid Showdowns / Battles like Dragon Ball / Naruto / One Puece. YAWN......

Anti-Matter

LuckyLand

@Anti-Matter is One Puece a counterfeit product from China?

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.