Forums

Topic: Other Unpopular Opinions (non-gaming tech/media)

Posts 301 to 320 of 351

DefHalan

@Socar: If your game is good enough, you won't need to pay people to play it. And again, that is not the job of a Game Designer.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Socar

@DefHalan: I didn't say that I hate the job at all. I love it infact. I just hate using facebook because of it being annoying to use it.

And for the record, our games aren't that amazing right now so paid reviews sound reasonable to say the least.

Whatever the case, I need to get this experience long enough so that I can form my own company in the end and I can't do that right now because I have a long way to go.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Whydoievenbother

I like Sum 41.

Please don't kill me.

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

jump

MrMario02 wrote:

I like Sum 41.

Please don't kill me.

I've always found them to be a good festival band, you know enough of their songs to sing along, have abit of a mosh, shout out Skater Boy to wind up the frontman and you didn't waste any money on seeing them specificlly.

Is it just me or have tween movies started getting good? Flicks like Hunger Games, Divergent and Maze Runner are actually watchable and good.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Freeon-Leon

dd/mm/yyyy makes more sense than mm/dd/yyyy. Why would some cuntries use the latter? It's like saying hours/seconds/minutes whenever someone asks you the time.

And don't get me started with the Imperial Units...

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

jump

Freeon-Leon wrote:

dd/mm/yyyy makes more sense than mm/dd/yyyy. Why would some cuntries use the latter? It's like saying minutes/seconds/hour whenever someone asks you the time.

It's just Americans trying to be difficult, like when they start spelling colour wrong or calling trousers pants.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Whydoievenbother

@Freeon-Leon: But you say May 5th, not The 5th of May.
Though I will agree that Metric units are better than Imperial units.

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Whydoievenbother

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Buizel

Freeon-Leon wrote:

dd/mm/yyyy makes more sense than mm/dd/yyyy. Why would some cuntries use the latter? It's like saying hours/seconds/minutes whenever someone asks you the time.

I agree.

MrMario02 wrote:

Is this a US thing? In England we'd often say "5th of May".

At least 2'8".

DefHalan

Buizel wrote:

Freeon-Leon wrote:

I agree.

MrMario02 wrote:

Yes it is a US thing, both ways are fine, but after the next World War we will probably all be saying it the same way lol

Freeon-Leon

Paul McCartney was the better Beatle. His melodies and basslines are on a league of their own.

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

jump

DefHalan wrote:

Buizel wrote:

Freeon-Leon wrote:

I agree.

MrMario02 wrote:

Yes it is a US thing, both ways are fine, but after the next World War we will probably all be saying it the same way lol

The US military already uses dd/mm/yy.

Nicolai wrote:

DefHalan

arronishere wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Buizel wrote:

Freeon-Leon wrote:

I agree.

MrMario02 wrote:

The US military already uses dd/mm/yy.

we need to fix that!

ProfAllister

Freeon-Leon wrote:

You're looking at it wrong. If someone asks you the time, you say it's 8: 45. If you expand on that, you can either say it's 8:45 on May 3rd, or you could say it's May 3rd, 8:45. It's broken into individual units. You could say it's the 4th day of June, 2009, or that it's in the year of our Lord 2009, June 4th. But, again, if someone asks you the day, You'll usually say June 4th or the 4th of June.

To go a step further, you can state time as half past 6, or 23 minutes into the 11th hour. Besides, you can't very well insist that only dd/mm/yyyy is appropriate if you then state time as hh: mm: ss.

As for imperial units, it's been overwhelmingly my experience that favoring imperial is the unpopular opinion. But that fails to account for the origin and purpose of the two different scales:

Metric was devised by rationalists, seeking a platonic ideal (literally - the definitive kilogram is in a vault in France, if memory serves) founded on a base 10 measure. The base 10 is arbitrary, if popular. For westerners, it makes the math simple and intuitive.

Imperial was devised as a practical system, by people who had to get things done and done consistently. Imperial units are essentially on a base 3 system, and also usually divisible by 4. This is significant because it is far easier to eyeball something into quarters and thirds than it is to fifths (metric is readily divisible by 2 and 5).

So metric has the appeal and elegance of a self-referential system that was initially built in toto; imperial has the appeal of being designed to conform to human behavior.

Edited on by ProfAllister

ProfAllister

Whydoievenbother

1. I hate sparkling drinks (including Soda).
2. It must be legally required for people to say "Can I axe you a question?" as opposed to "Can I ask you a question?" like in Futurama. Also like in Futurama, Uranus should get it's name changed to Urectum.
3. Star Trek: Beyond is the best of the reboot Star Trek movies.
4. Of the 9 X-Men universe movies, only 3 of those movies are special in any sense of the word (also, X2 has aged horribly)

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

RR529
  • McDonalds and other fast food joints are generally fine companies. I'm so tired of people making snarky remarks about how unhealthy fast food restaurants are everytime they come up. Everyone already knows they aren't healthy, and you're not being special or smart by snarkily bringing it up (sorry for the rant, but my bro has become one of THOSE people).
  • the Walking Dead & Attack on Titan are both overrated (yes, I used the "O" word).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Vinny
  • X-Men: The Last Stand wasn't that bad.
  • Nostalgia sometimes can be a bad thing, like people having a idealized, unrealistic version of the past in their minds and spouting the usual born in the wrong generation/this generation sucks/back in my time/kids nowadays do things we didn't, and that's why they suck nonsense.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Whydoievenbother

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is way worse than Spider-Man 3.

Spider-Man 3's redeeming qualities:
Okay acting
Thomas Haden Church as Sandman
Strong Action

The Amazing Spider-Man 2's redeeming qualities:
Strong Action

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.