Forums

Topic: Other Unpopular Opinions (non-gaming tech/media)

Posts 261 to 280 of 351

LaserdiscGal

@Shaneoh you could very well be right, that thought never really crossed my mind.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

shaneoh

@Waluigi:
Of course the movie did shift some sets, but take it from me, LEGO is an expensive hobby to have (I reckon I'd have an extra $25k paid off my house if I didn't collect it), people would have bought a set or two out of casual interest and nostalgia, but most will have stopped there. Kids (or most of them anyway) love LEGO, you don't need a movie, TV show or video games to sell it.

Probably not an unpopular opinion: I'm really looking forward to the LEGO movie sequel and the LEGO Batman movie.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Whydoievenbother

The Angry Birds Movie doesn't look that bad.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Dave24

@MrMario02: That's unpopular? Because in most places it gets praised to high heavens with it's beaten to death humour and obvious from the mile away timing. Perfect stuff for kids to throw popcorn at that won't teach them anything worth nor do them any harm.

Dave24

Rumorlife

Socar wrote:

I hate how everyone is saying that George Lucas ruined Star Wars.....for crying out loud, HE IS THE CREATOR OF STAR WARS!!!!

Are you telling me that the creator himself doesn't know how Star Wars should be?!

I just don't even know where to begin with the list of "the creator was wrong" scenarios that have happened in history.

Rumorlife

Socar

I don't know if this is something that's possible to post in this thread but SEGA does a great job merchandising their franchises a LOT. Sonic the Hedgehog is the best comic series I've ever read and I want to read more of it.

I know Sonic is a gaming character but since the comics are entirely different than the main games and don't adapt too much into the main games, I feel that I could express the unpopular opinion here.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

jump

^Sonic being the best comic series is very unpopular. Most people's heads goes to the likes of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run, Sandman, Watchmen, The Dark Knight Returns, Maus, Transmetropolitan , All Star Superman etc.

Speaking of comics Grant Morrison over Alan Moore. And whilst I'm at it other old debates, Motorhead aren't metal, The Clash over Sex Pistols, the chicken came before the egg (which has been proven is true), Bret Hart over Shawn Michaels, Star Trek over Star Wars and Blur over Oasis.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

iKhan

Coldplay is, has always been, and forever will be garbage.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

LaserdiscGal

iKhan wrote:

I think that's a relatively popular one haha

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Whydoievenbother

I want to see a Captain Britain movie (or a Union Jack movie 'cause that costumes too awesome not to be in film yet).

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

iKhan

Not a big fan of the concept of the Avengers. Not the movie, but the team in general.

Why on earth would Marvel create a superhero team that lacks their most iconic superheroes. Imagine if the Justice League didn't have Batman or Superman. It's not nearly as enticing a story.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jump

iKhan wrote:

Not a big fan of the concept of the Avengers. Not the movie, but the team in general.

Why on earth would Marvel create a superhero team that lacks their most iconic superheroes. Imagine if the Justice League didn't have Batman or Superman. It's not nearly as enticing a story.

Avengers pretty much have had all of their iconic marvel supers join the team now or at some point Spider Man, Hulk, Captain America, Wolverine etc. I've always found The Avengers in general have had the better stories through out it's run compared to Justice League (and I'm a DC>Marvel guy) by having a rotating roster, killing people off and just not sticking with the status quo which JL wont do as they save it for the individual characters own book too often.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

iKhan

@arronishere:

I can't really say I like the stories of one over the other, because I'm mostly aware of the biggest stories and that's it. If one is 90% garbage and 10% gold, and one is 20% gold, I wouldn't exactly notice. But if they have a rotating roster I suppose that's fair. What I'm more confused about is why it started without several iconic characters.

jump

I've started reading up on Gandhi, he seems to be one of the most disturbed people who ever lived despite being so beloved. He let his wife die of an easily curable illness because of principles which he then broke to cure himself, he was a Nazi supporter to the point of literally telling people "Hitler isn't a bad man", he had a very weird attitude to women where he would both get and give daily enemas to young girls, he would make his female followers sleep naked with him and would blame rape viticms for being raped by being too attarctive so he would shave their heads so they wouldn't encourage men anymore.

Nicolai wrote:

DefHalan

@arronishere: His Civilization personality makes so much sense now...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jump

I've become tired of comic fans who don't actually read comics.

Nicolai wrote:

LaserdiscGal

arronishere wrote:

I've become tired of comic fans who don't actually read comics.

You and me both.

LaserdiscGal

kkslider5552000

iKhan wrote:

Well you're wrong, mainly because they released their best song recently. You in fact, picked the worst time ever to say this! (the other worse time would be when they released their other good song, Viva la Vida)

And yes, Adventure of a Lifetime, a new Coldplay song, is really good, unlike most other Coldplay songs. So my opinion of it is probably matched by almost no one. But I'm right so whatever.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

World

@arronishere: I guess technically this is unpopular, but not among comic fans. Nobody likes having their hobby feel like it's being washed away just because of people who buy a lot of movie tickets.

World

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.