Forums

Topic: Other Unpopular Opinions (non-gaming tech/media)

Posts 241 to 260 of 351

Wittgenstein

I actually like the Brave Little Toaster sequels and think that they get a lot of undeserved hate just because the first movie set the bar so high. Sure they're not as dark, but they're good films in their own right. They also introduced my personal favorite character in the series.

I lead the way through the great unknown! Never knowing what I'll find...
I'm searching, expecting, exploring, connecting... So no one has to feel they're left behind.
-Wittgenstein, The Brave Little Toaster To The Rescue

Better known as Fawfulthegreat64. She/They

Klimbatize

It's kind of funny how the new name is only one additional letter away from that other well-informed poster.

Scar reincarnated? Only expanded to even non-Nintendo topics...

Pro tip: When unsure about a topic, ask questions rather than posting definitive statements and opinion.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Socar

I miss Felix the Cat......what happened to him. I love him a lot better than Mickey Mouse.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

GamecubeMan wrote:

The Breakfast Club is extremely overrated

"No, you just didn't grow up in the 80's like I did"
~Santa's Dad

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Socar

I hate how everyone is saying that George Lucas ruined Star Wars.....for crying out loud, HE IS THE CREATOR OF STAR WARS!!!!

Are you telling me that the creator himself doesn't know how Star Wars should be?!? He's the creator behind it damn it! That's like saying Herge ruined Tintin because he didn't finish Alph-Art which is wrong because he was going to finish it but he died before doing so.

Next you're gonna say that Disney can do Indiana Jones better than Lucas because Temple of Doom ended up being the weakest in the series......Do you realise that Disney can ruin Lucasfilm like how they ruin Marvel right?

Yeah sure, they haven't screwed up Marvel yet, but after seeing why Thor doesn't wear his helmet in the movies, The potential is there.

Edited on by Socar

diwdiws

@Socar: you do know that george lucas only directed episode IV and the prequels right? Since the sequels generally was underpar than what was expected its natural to blame george lucas seeing that he both directed and written the story of the prequels. Lucas is good at concept and world building but he aint really that great a director and writter.

diwdiws

Socar

diwdiws wrote:

@Socar: you do know that george lucas only directed episode IV and the prequels right? Since the sequels generally was underpar than what was expected its natural to blame george lucas seeing that he both directed and written the story of the prequels. Lucas is good at concept and world building but he aint really that great a director and writter.

Still, he's a legendary director like Steven. Simply ranting that he shouldn't direct on things that he created is mean.

Edited on by Socar

diwdiws

@Socar: so just because he created the damn franchise he cant be criticized? Do you even work? Cuz if you are already working you will realize that you are only as good as your last work.

diwdiws

Dave24

Socar wrote:

I hate how everyone is saying that George Lucas ruined Star Wars.....for crying out loud, HE IS THE CREATOR OF STAR WARS!!!!

Are you telling me that the creator himself doesn't know how Star Wars should be?!? He's the creator behind it damn it! That's like saying Herge ruined Tintin because he didn't finish Alph-Art which is wrong because he was going to finish it but he died before doing so.

Next you're gonna say that Disney can do Indiana Jones better than Lucas because Temple of Doom ended up being the weakest in the series......Do you realise that Disney can ruin Lucasfilm like how they ruin Marvel right?

Yeah sure, they haven't screwed up Marvel yet, but after seeing why Thor doesn't wear his helmet in the movies, The potential is there.

Star Wars was a bomb saved by editing and all the people who checked everything. Because of all the people Star Wars got major re-write and heavily edited. Pretty much everyone but Lucas made 4-6 good. 1-3 only shows what could've happened if Lucas was in charge back then.
His wife is to thank to save Star Wars from predicted bombing and Lucas is such a nice guy he stole her credit. You won't find her anywhere in re-releases or special editions.

Ep 7 being awful movie is diffrent subject.

Dave24

jump

Socar wrote:

Marvel han't been ruined and are at a all time high, Lucas' directed Star Wars films are the weakest fan favourite films and Temple of Doon is miles better than Crystal Skull.

You're putting out hyperbole statements then admitting their wrong in the same post again.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Whydoievenbother

Fantastic Four (2015) wasn't all that bad, given the attempts of a Fantastic Four movie before it. It wasn't great by any means, but given the previous attempts, what did you expect?

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

iKhan

arronishere wrote:

Socar wrote:

Marvel han't been ruined and are at a all time high, Lucas' directed Star Wars films are the weakest fan favourite films and Temple of Doon is miles better than Crystal Skull.

You're putting out hyperbole statements then admitting their wrong in the same post again.

He also directed Ep. IV, which, though I'm not a big fan of it, the fanbase seems to adore.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jump

MrMario02 wrote:

Fantastic Four (2015) wasn't all that bad, given the attempts of a Fantastic Four movie before it. It wasn't great by any means, but given the previous attempts, what did you expect?

It started off well and I liked the school stuff but it just doesn't build to anything. Apparently it was hell whilst filming was going on with a big chunck of the budget was slashed days before shooting, the action set peices (which it really could of done with in the middle) were cut for no reason and producers were smashing up the set in tantrums.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Whydoievenbother

@arronishere: Yeah. It Kinda feels like the first act of a much longer movie for the most part, and then it cuts to the final battle.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

RR529

I don't like it how all these companies are releasing their Super Bowl ads online like the week before the game itself. Everything is much better when it's a surprise.

Usually they're easy enough to avoid, but last night I had to quickly back out of a YouTube video I was about to watch, because the Pokémon 20th Anniversary ad had started to play before it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

6ch6ris6

RR529 wrote:

I don't like it how all these companies are releasing their Super Bowl ads online like the week before the game itself. Everything is much better when it's a surprise.

Usually they're easy enough to avoid, but last night I had to quickly back out of a YouTube video I was about to watch, because the Pokémon 20th Anniversary ad had started to play before it.

i think people who care about freaking advertisments really need to get a life. wth is wrong with you? i do everything to avoid ads. i dont want to buy your stupid products!

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

RR529

@6ch6ris6, just because something is made with the intent of selling a product, doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable to watch in it's own right (even if you don't care about the product itself).

It's become a tradition for companies to release very high budget commercials during the game (that sometimes only play that one time), that they go out of their way to make sure they are extra funny, touching, or exciting (on a level you usually don't see from other commercials), and believe it or not, there are loads of people who watch the Super Bowl more for the commercials, than the game itself (I like 'em both, though).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

LaserdiscGal

RR529 wrote:

@6ch6ris6, just because something is made with the intent of selling a product, doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable to watch in it's own right (even if you don't care about the product itself).

Exactly, look at The Lego Movie.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

shaneoh

Waluigi wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Exactly, look at The Lego Movie.

Here's an unpopular opinion; considering how LEGO has been selling for more than fifty years, I don't think the movie was made with the intent to shift more LEGO sets, rather it was LEGO's way of expanding into a new industry. Much like books and comic books have gone into movies.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.