Forums

Topic: Other Unpopular Opinions (non-gaming tech/media)

Posts 121 to 140 of 351

iKhan

pikminfan22 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Monsters University is a better movie than Monsters Inc.

I respect your opinion, but I feel that Monsters Inc. was just slightly better But I do remember loving Monsters University when I first seen it in theatres..

Maybe it's just me, but I thought Monster's University had a little bit more of a mature script and storyline.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CM30

RR529 wrote:

I think I may enjoy the shorter TV seasons that have popped up in recent years (seasons under 20 episodes) more than traditional TV seasons (over 20 episodes). Maybe.

I don't know if that's necessarily an unpopular opinion, though.

That's a pretty popular opinion in countries other than the US. I mean, UK TV shows in general tend to have far shorter seasons than US ones do, with the amount you mention being fairly common for programs like Doctor Who.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

and the only advantage Mac OS has over Windows is that it doesn't get viruses.

This isn't even true, actually.

Thing is that most viruses are programmed specifically for Windows platforms, since it has such a dominant advantage in market share (over 90%). But by all means, viruses can and are made for Mac OS as well.

But with proper protection and a pinch of vigilance, all of your platforms should be safe from viruses, regardless of OS.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LyIa

^ that's what I meant. I once heard it tastefully said as "Nobody cares about Mac users, so they don't make viruses for it."

Not very unpopular, but I guess this old thread needs a little bump: The Big Bang Theory is still funny even if the only punchline is "Hey, look! Nerds!"

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings 👑

iKhan

I hate Jazz. It's just so boring.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

RR529

I roll my eyes whenever I see a username with "666" in it.

Now, I'm not one to shove my beliefs down others' throats (my comments about the new features in FE:F, or my interest in Japanese culture should tell you that much), so it's not that, it's just that it feels like it's nothing more than an attempt to "rebel" against mainsteam culture/society in the most middle school way possible, lol.

I'm not judging the users who have it in their name (in fact, though I can't think of any particular users off the top of my head, the ones I have noticed seem to be fairly nice people, based on their comments themselves), it's just that I can't possibly think of another reason why someone would have that in their username, unless it's supposed to be some sort of joke.

NOTE: This isn't targeted at any particular user(s) on this site that have that in their username (in fact, though I know they exist, I can't name any off the top of my head). This is just a pretty regular occurance that I've noticed in lots of usernames, on multiple sites, in the many years I've been on the net.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

PrincessSugoi
  • Beyonce Knowles is a terrible artist. She hasn't had a halfway decent song since her first album, the way she sings is often grating, she's not an impressive dancer, you can pull up series of Youtube videos dedicated to how unoriginal she is, and most of her music videos look like they had a budget of $10.
  • Coldplay is terrible too
  • Zune was better than iPod and iTunes is the absolute worst media player/digital store I've ever had the misfortune to use.
  • Finding Nemo was boring. Never understood the love for it.
  • Tarzan has one of the best soundtracks of any Disney film and the film itself is underrated
  • I can count on one hand the number of female tsundere I've liked in an anime. I absolutely despise most of them and it escapes me how they're such a popular type. Strangely, I don't mind male tsundere as much but that might be because I've never come across any that overly violent and abusive even in yaoi.
  • I hate "Boo" as a term of endearment. All I ever associate with it is the smell of a rancid, unwashed booty.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

CaviarMeths

Cheesecake is disgusting.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

iKhan

LoveSugoi wrote:

• Finding Nemo was boring. Never understood the love for it.

Agreed 100%

CanisWolfred

@ekreig

I love dyed hair, especially if it's styled right. And I mean boys or girls.

Same with piercings, though I think people need to work harder on how to actually make them look good on them - not everyone looks good with hoop earings or baubles. You can try different things.

Don't even get me started on tattoos. A lot of people don't know how to moderate themselves when it comes to those. We have technology, maybe people should be taking pictures of themselves and photoshopping the designs to see if it'll actually look good on them....I mean, it's fairly painful to get and difficult to remove, you may as well put in some effort ahead of time before your mark yourself up.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TheKingOfTown

I find piercings, tattoos, and dyed hair unattractive. (unless the hair is dyed to a normal color)
Dr. Pepper is gross
Nintendo should go third party

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

LyIa

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Dr. Pepper is gross

This isn't an opinion, this is blasphemy!
nah jk you can like whatever soda you want

all men are kings 👑

spizzamarozzi

LoveSugoi wrote:

yeah totally agree - Coldplay is probably the worst band in the world at the moment - they have been ever since they started dressing up like The Beatles. And yeah some could argue Nickelback or Limp Bizkit are far worse, but these bands have always been constitutionally sh!t€, while Coldplay at least had a decent debut album.
Daft Punk are also sh!t€ and I think people who buy their records should be shunned.

Just for fun, what's the "cool band with guitars" all the cool kids listen to nowdays? Growing up for me it was Nirvana, then obviously Radiohead, then much later it was The Strokes. I haven't listened to a new band since 2002 I think, so I'm really curious to see what's hot today...

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

veeflames

ekreig wrote:

Coke and Pepsi are boring, Welch's grape soda is the best soda!

Someone give this guy a round of applause! Where are those GIFS when you need them?! XD

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

SomeBitTripFan

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

ekreig wrote:

Someone give this guy a round of applause! Where are those GIFS when you need them?! XD

For some reason, I read that as "a round of applesauce", then chose look that phrase up and find the strangest Youtube video of all time...

Soda is way too carbonated.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Goob

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Just for fun, what's the "cool band with guitars" all the cool kids listen to nowdays? Growing up for me it was Nirvana, then obviously Radiohead, then much later it was The Strokes. I haven't listened to a new band since 2002 I think, so I'm really curious to see what's hot today...

As a teenager, I can say that Fall Out Boy seems to be insanely popular (and I agree, although I prefer their older songs, but it's not to say that their current songs are bad). Also Arctic Monkeys, Bastille, and Panic! at the Disco, just to name a few more. (Of course, these are pretty relative to location; I live in Panama, so I can't say what kids in the U.S. listen to, but I assume that their music taste is at least somewhat similar)
You'd be surprised how many kids still listen to older bands. Many (including myself) really enjoy listening to the Beatles, Nirvana, Radiohead, etc. They've aged really well, apparently.

Edited on by Goob

Goob

Nintendo Network ID: AustinU

veeflames

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

ekreig wrote:

For some reason, I read that as "a round of applesauce", then chose look that phrase up and find the strangest Youtube video of all time...

Soda is way too carbonated.

... what's wrong with Carbon? The burping part? Well, without carbon, that refreshing taste of soda will be gone and... well, I don't think most people will like soda anymore.
In fact, carbon is quite harmless. The only time when carbon can be dangerous is if it is in combustion.
Gosh, I feel like a nerd(I consider myself quite intelligent, though). XD

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

iKhan

Toy Story 2 is one of the weakest Pixar movies.

The way they implemented Woody's roundup gang and Emperor Zurg felt like a retcon, and honestly, felt really out of place in the Toy Story universe. Unlike Toy Story 1 and 3, the main conflict the movie presented wasn't really something very familiar to your every day person. Not everyone really goes through or is particularly familiar collecting rare toys and sets (the garage sale part worked though). Almost every kid goes through the concept of getting a "new favorite toy", and the idea of giving toys away to a daycare is pretty familiar.

That's not to say it's a bad movie, but I think it's definitely the weakest Toy Story movie, and one of the weakest in their library.

Edited on by iKhan

RR529

I think 3D (in movies) is here to stay.

Now, I think it's chance to become the new standard has passed (at least until the next jump in the technology, whenever & whatever it may be), but it's found a large enough niche to stay around.

It may not be the hot new thing to talk about like it was even just a few years ago, but I've been paying attention, and there pretty much hasn't been a big summer blockbuster or Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks/whatever cartoon to release in the past 6-7 years that's lacked the option.

Though this last bit is anecdotal, I went to see Jurassic World in 3D on a Monday (albiet the first Monday after it's release), and the theater had at least 20 people in it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.