Forums

Topic: Other Unpopular Opinions (non-gaming tech/media)

Posts 101 to 120 of 351

CaviarMeths

iKhan wrote:

-Mark Webb should join Joel Schumaker and Mark Steven Johnson on the list of directors who should never touch a Superhero movie ever again.

Neither Webb nor MSJ were the problem in their respective movies. Both products were ruined by interference from producers. This sentiment has been commented on by many, many people involved with the production of The Amazing Spider-Man. Watch interviews with Marc Webb. The guy genuinely understands the characters and had a good vision for the movie. Then you have people from the actors to the composer making comments about how the studio wanted none of his input and basically made the movie themselves while he handled the day-to-day shooting. It's not exactly news either. Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire said the same thing about the production of Spider-man 3. Avi Arad is a terrible producer.

And the director's cut of Daredevil is actually a good movie. It's about 30 minutes longer, but it doesn't just add scenes. It also removes them and shuffles them around.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

iKhan

SpookyMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

-Mark Webb should join Joel Schumaker and Mark Steven Johnson on the list of directors who should never touch a Superhero movie ever again.

Neither Webb nor MSJ were the problem in their respective movies. Both products were ruined by interference from producers. This sentiment has been commented on by many, many people involved with the production of The Amazing Spider-Man. Watch interviews with Marc Webb. The guy genuinely understands the characters and had a good vision for the movie. Then you have people from the actors to the composer making comments about how the studio wanted none of his input and basically made the movie themselves while he handled the day-to-day shooting. It's not exactly news either. Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire said the same thing about the production of Spider-man 3. Avi Arad is a terrible producer.

And the director's cut of Daredevil is actually a good movie. It's about 30 minutes longer, but it doesn't just add scenes. It also removes them and shuffles them around.

I have a hard time believing that for Webb. I know a lot less about Daredevil, so I can't speak about that.

The thing is, Spider-man 3's problems don't stem from direction, they stem mostly from poor writing. So it makes sense to say that the studio got involved. Amazing Spider-man has problems that lie within the way the characters are portrayed on a scene by scene basis. That blame either falls upon the director or the actor (unless the studio is literally standing there giving day to day instruction.)

Now, yes, there are problems with the writing, the editing, and a number of shoehorned elements too, and for that, I can totally blame the studio, but at the core, my issue with the film goes back to Webb more than anything.

And I've seen some Webb interviews. IMO they just don't excuse all the problems.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DiscoDriver43

I could care less about Hamlet. Throughout the play, I found myself just wishing both Hamlet and his uncle would drop dead. I rather watch the Lion King.

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

HollywoodHogan

Corey Feldman was more talented than Corey Haim

Friend to all SJW's

Ralizah

The Avengers is an incredibly bland superhero film. The plot and villain are both as generic as they come, some of the character development was poorly done, and the last 20 minutes or so of the film is an annoying, Transformers-esque mess of an action sequence.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Megas75

I enjoyed the Star Wars prequels(with Episode III being my favorite Star Wars film)

Edited on by Megas75

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

ricklongo

Megas75 wrote:

I enjoyed the Star Wars prequels(with Episode III being my favorite Star Wars film)

I don't think Episode III is better than The Empire Strikes Back, which is the only film in the entire series I would deem to be great. It's better than all the others in my opinion, though, including the original.

RedDevilAde wrote:

I think the best way to judge to quality of pop music in an era is to look at the number of xmas tracks that it spawned that are still played each year.

That's a... funny way to go about that. One that I disagree with entirely, mind you.

Edited on by ricklongo

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

OdnetninAges

Modern Simpsons has been mostly good recently. There have been a couple of episodes I didn't like, but I've enjoyed most of the more recent seasons.

Frozen is an overrated movie. It was a good movie, but I don't think it deserves all the praise it gets.

Regular Show is better than Adventure Time.

The Sonic Boom TV Series is surprisingly good.

Sword Art Online isn't the worst anime ever made, but it certainly isn't the best either.

Attack on Titan isn't the best anime ever made, but it certainly isn't the worst either.

The Irregular at Magic High School was a bad series.

Death Note's ending sucked.

I don't hate Shinji Ikari.

I don't hate Adam Sandler.

JonTron isn't funny.

Dr. Pepper is the best soda ever made.

Yeah yeah, my opinions are wrong, don't need to tell me.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Megas75

OdnetninAges wrote:

This ain't an unpopular opinion, it's a fact XD

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

Ralizah

Megas75 wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

This ain't an unpopular opinion, it's a fact XD

It's an intellectual drink for the chosen ones.

DiscoDriver43

Breakfast for Fast food > Regular stuff.. Taco Bell for example

ok, this may not be the minority, but the Apple watch seems pretty stupid. My phone does everything better.

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

RegalSin

Soda and fast food is all for cheap quick society dates and nothing more. It is not for families.

Checkout GaMEr TrEcK dot com

RR529

I think I may enjoy the shorter TV seasons that have popped up in recent years (seasons under 20 episodes) more than traditional TV seasons (over 20 episodes). Maybe.

I don't know if that's necessarily an unpopular opinion, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

iKhan

Monsters University is a better movie than Monsters Inc.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

LyIa

Apple's nothing but a label now. They're outshined by, like, all of their competitors. Android has always been leagues ahead in terms of features and hardware, and the only advantage Mac OS has over Windows is that it doesn't get viruses.

Of course, you can make a case about how easy their OSs are to use-- but it doesn't really take long to know the ins and outs of an Android/PC system, either.

all men are kings 👑

Chaoz

iKhan wrote:

That not a opinion, that's a fact.

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

Ralizah

iKhan wrote:

Definitely. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Monsters U, considering I wasn't a huge fan of the first movie.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.