Robo-goose

TokyoRed wrote:

Is Laki the mother of Aisa?

Nope.

Also:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Sanji had an endless supply of Tootsie Pops in America.

Edited on by Robo-goose

"I'm a heartbreaker...
My name... Charles." -The Greatest Man In Driftveil City

RoyalBlur

@ Robo-goose, man that's so funny! Still, I don't remember seeing that on Cartoon Network. But yes, you guys are right that's hilarious!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Robo-goose

I'm finally catching up to the series (I'm at episode 480), and all I have to say is that the show never gets old.
It seems like Oda planned everything that was going to happen in One Piece before he even started writing the manga, and to think that there are still ten more years of this! I'm amazed at the great lack of fillers in this show, it keeps everything on-track.
Never, EVER, look up spoilers for this show, guys; if you do, you will regret it for 300+ episodes.

"I'm a heartbreaker...

Knux

Indeed, Oda plans out One Piece's awesome storyline. I wish I could say the same thing for Kubo and Bleach, but that's not the case.

Knux

Robo-goose

I especially love how the entire storyline isn't just another one of those "Powerful foe approaches, train for 20 episodes; look at the enemy for 10 episodes, fight (super slowly) now for 20 episodes, you win 20 episodes of fillers! Powerful foe approaches, train for 20 episodes; look at the enemy for 10 episodes, fight now (super slowly)
for 20 episodes, you win 20 episodes of fillers!"
Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

"I'm a heartbreaker...

Deviant_Mugen

After doing nothing but reading the manga for about a week, I caught up and decided to start watching the anime. So far, I'm liking what FUNi has done with the dub, even if Luffy's voice is way too scratchy for a 17-year-old and Zoro's a bit too deep for a 19-year-old. Still, after 13 episodes, I've grown used to them (I loved Sonny Strait's Usopp right off the bat, though)...

Before I started on the dub, though, I skipped ahead to 408, because I just had to see that arc (those who are current will know which one I mean). Luffy's sub voice is definitely superior to his dub; the tone is not as high-pitched and cracking. It was great to see Luffy revealing his true character to the jaded ruler in animated glory, not to mention the subsequent events...

I got cut off on episode 14 of the dub, though, right as Captain Kuro showed up to fight, too. Seems FUNi just doesn't have those episodes on their official site, and I hate megavideo's 72-minute bs, so I'm stuck there for the time being until I can find other sites with different mirrors...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Robo-goose

@Mugen
Augh, megavideo is The Crap. I usually go with flv, but I always choose whichever mirror isn't subbed by Toei Animation.
If you decide to go subs, try to stay with Kaizoku fansubs for as long as possible. They are absolutely the best, considering that their translations are more accurate (to the Japanese language) than anyone else's.
Next comes VegaPunk, then Yibis, then everything under that cannot be tolerated.
The basic rule is this: if they say "Tanuki" then the fansubs are great, if they say "raccoon" then they probably suck.

"I'm a heartbreaker...

TwilightV

I'm catching up with the manga. Right now i'm at the second chapter of volume 31 and i've also read from the end of Enies Lobby to the current chapters.

TwilightV

RoyalBlur

Mugen wrote:

After doing nothing but reading the manga for about a week, I caught up and decided to start watching the anime. So far, I'm liking what FUNi has done with the dub, even if Luffy's voice is way too scratchy for a 17-year-old and Zoro's a bit too deep for a 19-year-old. Still, after 13 episodes, I've grown used to them (I loved Sonny Strait's Usopp right off the bat, though)...

Before I started on the dub, though, I skipped ahead to 408, because I just had to see that arc (those who are current will know which one I mean). Luffy's sub voice is definitely superior to his dub; the tone is not as high-pitched and cracking. It was great to see Luffy revealing his true character to the jaded ruler in animated glory, not to mention the subsequent events...

I got cut off on episode 14 of the dub, though, right as Captain Kuro showed up to fight, too. Seems FUNi just doesn't have those episodes on their official site, and I hate megavideo's 72-minute bs, so I'm stuck there for the time being until I can find other sites with different mirrors...

72 minutes? I've never experienced that before. It always tells me to wait 30 minutes and then I can watch again. I also enjoy the Funimation dub for One Piece to.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Deviant_Mugen

I've been watching a lot more episodes, since being current in the manga leaves me wanting more. I left off in the episode where Nami gets sick after the crew's visit to Little Garden, and the next episode introduces Wapol and the beginning of the Drum Island arc...

I was a bit let down with how Crocodile's dub voice sounded, mostly because while I read that arc in the manga I kept imagining him speaking just like Kenpachi Zaraki from Bleach (given their similar appearance). David Lodge would've killed it in that role, in my opinion, but I'll get used to it. Crocodile's voice in the sub sounds fantastic, though...

One last note is that One Piece knows how to handle filler. So far I've only run into one lengthy filler arc (Warship Island), but I really enjoyed the story and the characters enough to not skip right to the Straw Hats entering the Grand Line. The two filler episodes in Logue Town were also enjoyable, Usopp's in particular...

@TokyoRed: Yeah, I know, but the limit comes into play after having watched 72 minutes of video...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

CanisWolfred

First off, I would like to take a moment to morn the death of Megavideo...

Next, I figure I might as well put down my impressions of all the arcs I've gone through, since I'm bored:

Captain Morgan Arc - Great way to start the series. Established Luffy as a Bad*** and introduced Coby, who becomes fairly important further down the line.

Buggy the Clown Arc - I never thought I'd ever see Buggy as a legitimate threat. With that said, this arc was kinda boring. Best part was the story about the dog.

Captain Kuro Arc - The fights are getting better and I liked Usopp's story. I hope we see Captain Kuro again.

Brartie Arc - Finally get a cool villian for once. The fights are getting exponentially better. Don Krieg's varied assortment of weapons made his battles fun to watch, and we see Luffy be more creative and tactical. Sanji's Battle against Ghin also had me on the edge of my seat. Then there was Zoro's battle against "Hawkeye* Mihawk, which ended spectacularly. And story-wise, I thought Zoro's and Sanji's backstories were touching, as were Sanji's goodbyes.

Arlong Arc - This is where the story gets really good, and of course the fights get even better, too. Nami's backstory packed an even bigger punch than the rest of the crew's, and its good to see the villians pay for their crimes. And these villians were the cruelest so far, which made the fights extra fun to watch. They didn't really have a hard time with these guys, though.

Buggy Side Story Arc - Yay Buggy!

Logue Town Arc - I'm actually glad they put in some filler to liven things up. Otherwise it would've been too short. And it was great to learn more about Gold Rogers, see some Marines with some heart, see the return of the Buggy Pirates and Alvida, and of course see Luffy actually struggle in a fight which requires some divine intervention to get out of it.

Warship Island Arc - Holy crap, best filler ever! Even though it was obviously filler (Oh yeah, sure, they'd go way out of their way to help a little girl despite the fact that Smoker and Captain Buggy are on their tail, who never catch up to them in the 3 days minimum it takes for them to do it), it still was a very creative and interesting story, with a heartwrenching ending, and for once some intelligent villians (who will never show up again). If all the filler in this show could be of this calibur, I think it'd be safe to name this the best show ever.

And thus ends the East Blue Saga. It was a great way to set things up, but now I'm ready for the main story.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.