Forums

Topic: OLD vs NEW (eg Strawberry Shortcake)

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

BlueFlameBat

Personally, even for all their mundane wisecracks and goofy villains, I think I prefer the 80's/90's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to the 2000's one. Not that I don't enjoy the new ones from time to time, especially Raphael and Michelangelo who remind me so much of myself. I guess it's just because the old is what I grew up with. Take Batman, for example; I prefer the 1990's Animated Series to the cartoon and live-action that was done in the 60's and 70's. But this is a forum, not a blog post. I want to know what you think as well.

Grumble

LzWinky

I thought you were referring to Strawberry Shortcake. YOU LIED TO ME!!!

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

BlueFlameBat

lz2010 wrote:

I thought you were referring to Strawberry Shortcake. YOU LIED TO ME!!!

I didn't lie about anything. As a cartoon character that has been revived and given a new look, she's a perfect example. I just haven't watched nearly enough of the old or new Strawberry Shortcake cartoon to comment on it. If you have thoughts on her and/or her cartoons, please do tell. Everything that has more than one ... uh, I can't think of the right word, but anything that fits the word I'm missing qualifies, including Transformers, Sonic The Hedgehog, Super Mario Bros., Barbie, and ... uh ... it's almost midnight where I am and my mind is tired, wandering, and begging me to finish watching Strike Witches for some reason.

Edited on by BlueFlameBat

Grumble

R-L-A-George

He was reffering to the changes shows and toy lines go through, TMNT and Batman is one of them. I love Batman: the animated series, I also liked Beyond those were probably the best. I'm not so much into Brave and the Bold these days, I prefere the darker, less goofier batman.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

BlueFlameBat

R-L-A-George wrote:

He was reffering to the changes shows and toy lines go through, TMNT and Batman is one of them.

Toy lines and shows as well as video games, movies, and even comics among other things, but you got the right idea.

R-L-A-George wrote:

I love Batman: the animated series, I also liked Beyond those were probably the best. I'm not so much into Brave and the Bold these days, I prefere the darker, less goofier batman.

I didn't see much if any of The Brave and the Bold. I was disappointed that the toy line was all dudes. It did also look goofier. I kind of wish they hadn't made the dramatic changes to the art style in the newer Batman cartoons that retained at least most of the voice actors from The Animated Series, but it wasn't too upsetting, although the lack of black pupils seemed to somehow make the characters seem more devoid of emotion, especially Bruce Wayne.

Edited on by BlueFlameBat

Grumble

LzWinky

Hmmm...I haven't seen much of any new stuff so I can't really say much.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

NINJA TURTLES: Original
SCOOBY DOO: What's New
TOM & JERRY: Kids & Tales
TRANSFORMERS: Armada, Energon, etc
GI JOE: Sigma 6
SUPERHEROES: 90s, Justice League/Unlimited
SONIC: Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
SPEED RACER: Speed Racer X and Next Gen
GODZILLA: 90s
GARFIELD: & Friends, although the new show retains the humor of the original.
DOUG: Disney, although I still like the original

Edited on by The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

LzWinky

Hmmm, I think I've seen Brave and the Bold, and it's ok

the_shpydar

Brave and the Bold is good, but squarely aimed at a younger audience so it is much lighter in tone. Reminds me a bit of Superfriends (in terms of tone; the writing is much better than the old 70s/80s shows). And while i like Dietrich Bader generally (and he does do a decent Batman), Kevin Conroy IS Batman. Accept no substitutes.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

R-L-A-George

StarFox wrote:

NINJA TURTLES: Original
SCOOBY DOO: What's New
TOM & JERRY: Kids & Tales
TRANSFORMERS: Armada, Energon, etc
GI JOE: Sigma 6
SUPERHEROES: 90s, Justice League/Unlimited
SONIC: Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
SPEED RACER: Speed Racer X and Next Gen
GODZILLA: 90s
GARFIELD: & Friends, although the new show retains the humor of the original.
DOUG: Disney, although I still like the original

Doug has always been made by Disney, like Bill Nye The Science Guy, it was produce by Disney except for Disney took back the license for Doug and decided to continue the series. >_<

R-L-A-George

Aviator

Hey Hey It's Saturday.
A Saturday show on a Wednesday? A 80's show in the 10's?
Daryl Sommers is a time-lord.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

theblackdragon

R-L-A-George wrote:

Doug has always been made by Disney, like Bill Nye The Science Guy, it was produce by Disney except for Disney took back the license for Doug and decided to continue the series. >_<

from what i read, Jim Jinkins sold Jumbo Pictures (the studio he created to produce Doug for Nickelodeon) to Disney. Disney never had the rights to Doug before then, and only after that sale were the new eps made for One Saturday Morning.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

R-L-A-George

theblackdragon wrote:

R-L-A-George wrote:

from what i read, Jim Jinkins sold Jumbo Pictures (the studio he created to produce Doug for Nickelodeon) to Disney. Disney never had the rights to Doug before then, and only after that sale were the new eps made for One Saturday Morning.

Than how come it had the Disney logo in the credits way back when on Nick.

R-L-A-George

theblackdragon

@R-L-A-George: no offense, but screenshots or it didn't happen. i'm having a hard time finding images or video of Nickelodeon's Doug credits (except for a very nice bit from the very end of them showing the copyrights), so i'm guessing you're just a bit mixed up on which credits came from which incarnation of the series (Doug vs. Disney's Doug). :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

TwilightV

irken004 wrote:

Old...
Untitled

New...
Untitled

Discovery Kids is being rebranded as The Hub this Fall. The new lineup includes a new Transformers series, as well as classic G1 episodes during late night.

TwilightV

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.