Showing 1 to 20 of 22
1. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 03:50 BST
As the title says, what are your most Anticipated games coming soon in 2013 and/or 2014 across all platforms?
As for my list:
10. Transistor - A western game with what appears to be turn-based combat and movement? Sign me up!
9. Shadowrun Returns - See Transistor, only with more complex gameplay.
8. Wonderful 101 - Looks like a fantastic and unique action game from the creators of Viewtiful Joe, with more charm than any other action game these days dares to have. I can't wait to get my hands on it!
7. Bayonetta 2 - Bayonetta 1 was tied with Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition as the greatest 3D Brawler ever created. I can't wait to see how this fairs.
6. Ys: Memories of Celceta - Ys Seven was one of the greatest RPGs ever created, with one of the best combat Systems out there, yet this seems like it might be better in every way. I can't wait to try it out!
5. Tales of Xillia - I can't believe a Tales game is this low on my list! I guess it shows how many great games are coming out soon. This is also heralded as the best Tales game to date, so I can't wait to see how it fairs in a series that generally only gets better with time.
4. Shin Megami Tensei IV - This should come as no surprise. I absolutely love this series, especially the main entries, and I can't wait to see how they top Strange Journey and Nocturne.
3. Final Fantasy XV - I've been waiting for this game since 2006, and it still loks great. I love the visuals and the setting, and the overal style and presentation. I have a bad feeling the story's gonna be a mess, but I probably won't care because the gameplay will be so good.
2. Bravely Default: Flying Fairy - I think enough has been said over the years, but this seriously looks like the most interesting non-Final Fantasy game they've ever produced, to the point where I want it more than the upcoming Final Fantasy. The music alone will be worth it, but it just looks like the 3DS' Ni no Kuni, a masterpiece in the making!
1. Monolith-soft's Project X - Xenoblade Chonicles was everything I ever wanted out of an RPG. This looks like it may be able to top it. Plus mechs. I was seriously so excited after I saw the trailer for the 5th time I went out and bought a Wii U, just to make sure I'm ready when it finally releases next year.
Honorable Mention: Phantasy Star Online 2 - assuming it comes out next year.
Killzone Mercenary, Rune Factory 4, Project X Zone, Pokemon X, Ace Attourney: Dual Destinies, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, inFamous: Second Son, Sonic Lost World, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Super Mario 3D World, Shantae: Pirate's Curse, Super Smash Bros. Wii U, Ducktales Remastered, and so much more are also on my list, but I'd be here forever if I listed all of them.
I am the Wolf....red.
Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, Art, Writing, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"
2. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 03:52 BST
My signature will explain so. The hype section.
Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team
Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.
3. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 03:58 BST
Well the ones that I am most hyped about are (in no particular order)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Thats all I can think of now but I am sure that I am missing a few.
Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.
Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311
4. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 03:59 BST
For Wii U: Mario Kart 8. For 3DS: LoZ a Link between Worlds
Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh
5. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 04:03 BST
Oh yeah I forgot about Link between Worlds. How could I forget about that one.
6. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 04:13 BST
Final Fantasy XV
Sonic Lost World
The Walking Dead : 400 days
infamous second son
Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.
Nintendo Network ID: shingi70
7. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 04:26 BST
10.DKC Tropical Freeze- Though I'm not too excited in terms of gameplay, the music I've heard so far really helps to tie the whole thing together, and really makes it seem more impressive.
9.Bayonetta 2- It's only so low because I've never played the original, but it does look stunning.
8. SM3DW- It seems different enough from 3D Land, and I am actually REALLY interested by the multiplayer aspect of it all.
7.Mario Kart 8- I like Mario Kart. That's all.
6.Pokemon X/Y- Can't go wrong with Pokemon, though all the other games are making me less hyped than normally for a new Pokemon Gen.
5.Final Fantasy XV- I'm not even a big FF fan, but this looks really good, and it's a driving force in my internal debate of a PS4.
4. The Wonderful 101- Considering I've played this game, I can confirm how awesome it seems.
3. Mario & Luigi Dream Team- Everything points to this game as being the best summer 3DS game this year.
2. Super Smash Bros. For Wii U and 3DS- Probably my favorite series of games of all time.
1. Monolith's X- For essentially the same reasons as @Canis, Xenoblade was one of the best games I have ever played in my life. It was beautiful, immersive; I couldn't stop playing it. This game looks to be even better.
...But there's so much more too... My Wallet... D:
You don't die until you're dead!
Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime
8. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 04:28 BST
Assassin's Creed IV
Pokemon X and Y
Legend of Zelda: Link between worlds
Final Fantasy XV
Infamous Second Son
Metallica shall always have a place in my heart Mega brony! Rarity is best pony.
Pokemon Roleplaying Frank's Team:
Flare( Flareon ) X LV. 35
Aip( Aipom ) X LV. 2
Wadd( Sewaddle ) X LV. 3
Sandman( Sandile ) X LV. 3
9. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 04:31 BST
Everything that was in the Nintendo Direct at E3 plus a couple of others:
10. Rayman Legends
9. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
7. Smash Bros.
6. Pikmin 3
5. Bayonetta 2
4. Super Mario 3D World
3. Sonic Lost World
2. Mario Kart 8
1. HD Zelda 2014
All of those are 10/10 hype. Can't wait. Others that I'm really hyped for include:
Game & Wario, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Sacrilegium, Wind Waker HD, X, both of the Oddworld games, and Yarn Yoshi.
Nintendo Network ID: RedSteel92
Now playing: Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, New Super Mario Bros., Bastion
Sea Of Sorrow
10. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 05:05 BST
10. Final Fantasy XV (PS4/One) - I won't be able to get a next gen system for a long time, so that undoubtedly hampers any excitement I have for any next gen games, but I have to mention this.
9. X (Wii U) - Again, no next gen consoles any time soon, so my excitement is dulled, but it just looks to fantastic not to mention.
8. Pokemon X/Y (3DS) - I haven't been all that intrigued by Pokémon in a long while, but for some reason, this game has really gotten my attention.
7. Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (PS3/360) - I loved DOA4 & DOAD, and have yet to pick up DOA5, so this upgraded version will probably be the way to go.
6. Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (3DS) - As @CanisWolfred said, this game is looking absolutely beautiful.
5. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS) - All Mario RPGs are simply good fun, and with an awesome sense of humor, and this looks no different
4. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD (PS3) - One of my favorite games of all time being released in HD, alongside it's sequel I've never played before!
3. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix (PS3) - One of my favorite games of all time, now in HD and with some new content never before released in the west.
2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) - ALttP is one of my favorite games of all time, and this looks like it's shaping up nicely.
1. Super Smash Bros (3DS/Wii U) - There is nothing that gets me as hyped as a new Smash game, and the new trailer delivered.
I was going to list KHIII, but then I realized there's no way it's going to be released by next year
Playing: Dragon Quest IV (AND)
Watching: Marco Polo (Netflix), Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Netflix), InuYasha: the Final Act (Toonami), DBZ Kai (Toonami)
11. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 05:36 BST
Amusingly, E3 didn't change my opinion too much for this. Also, 12 because why not.
12. Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare: While stuff like Destiny etc. could be awesome, this game is the shooter we need, but not the one we deserve.
11. Wonderful 101: This is the 2nd most underrated game of the year (the other being number 4). While I had a pretty mixed experience with the only Platinum Games' game I've played (Vanquish), I don't doubt the quality of their products on average and this is the crazy, over-the-top stuff I like.
10. Final Fantasy XV: I'm keeping my expectations reasonable because the story could still be utter crap, let's be real here. But the game looks incredible so we'll see how this goes I suppose. Not to mention I wouldn't be surprised if this is delayed until 2015.
9. Murdered: Soul Suspect: This is what LA Noire should have been. No wasting your time with weak GTA-like elements, just a murder mystery video game. Also, it's being compared with Ghost Trick so that alone intrigues me. SE has a publisher has been wonderful and I hope that trend continues.
8. Mirror's Edge 2: The original Mirror's Edge was flawed but still amazingly compelling because of what it was trying and at times succeeding to do. Despite parkour being seemingly everywhere in gaming nowadays (it's gonna be in a Sonic game for crying out loud), I've yet to play another game quite like it.
7. Mario and Luigi 4: I feel like I need a break from Mario so I won't get this anytime soon. That being said, it still looks fantastic and far more creative than most Mario games nowadays (yes, even with cool anti-gravity kart racing).
6. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: This would be like 3rd if it wasn't for Retro unfairly not being some giant, Ubisoft Montreal developer that can make ALL the games. But despite that, it's still a sequel to one of the best 2d platformers of the past decade.
5. Sonic Lost World: Sonic Colors had some of the most fun I've had playing games in the past few years. This game just LOOKS like pure fun and I can't wait.
4. Two Brothers: I don't think they had anything to do with E3, which is a shame. But this is still one of the most interesting indie games coming out, and anything Zelda-like already has a huge advantage as far as I'm concerned. I think this game will be something really special and hope it gets the attention it deserves.
3. Watch Dogs: Yeah everyone's excited but it's so deserved. I'm slightly worried the writing won't live up to the gameplay (a common problem with Ubi-Montreal games it seems?) but the gameplay alone looks like the most compelling GTA-like game ever. No hyperbole.
2. Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS! (best title ever): It's the next Super Smash Bros. I don't have to say anything.
1. X. Of course it is. Xenoblade was an absolutely brilliant and compelling title for about 90-95% of the 130 hours I put into it. If they can find some way to top that (with mechs and potential co-op, maybe), it will and should be widely considered one of the greatest games ever made.
3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55
I have a Let's Play channel? How?!
12. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 05:37 BST
Pokemon X/Y - These seriously look like the best Pokemon games ever. I'm worried this gen might just top Johto!
Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U - Smash Bros. with megaman!!!!
Final Fantasy XV - This looks way to incredible and fun!
Bravely Default: Flying Fair - The graphics look great and the music sounds wonderful. Plus I love RPG's.
Shin Megami Tensei lV - Looks like a fantastic spot to start the series!
"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades
3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Deviant Art! Feel free to browse my work!
My Colors! 3D Gallery
13. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 08:22 BST
Super Mario 3D World
At first, i was underwhlemed, dissapointed, frustrated, the willy wonka works. But I've warmed up to it quite a bit. Princess Toadstool, Toad and Luigi for the first time are starring in a 3D mario with their SMB2 abilities intact & INtense. The cat suit looks awesome and the frog suit(my personal favorite suit when I was a kid) is makeing a return. But I'm still a little bummed out about the lackluster stage design in terms of style & creativity, but eh...I see this as yet another 'safe' 4-player Super Mario appetizer to Boost dissapointing Wii U sales(with their other Lineup of awesome...Yet total safeness, including > MK8 and Tropical Freeze which are sure to bring in those shiny koopa coins.)...We'll get our bigger, more imaginative and exploration heavy 3D Mario in a couple of years.
As for the rest, which mostly consist of Nintendo games. tee hee.
Super Smash Bros. U
Yoshi's New Island
Mario Kart 8
DuckTales Remastered - (Do i really need to explain why?)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - (A Weak suprise indeed! But it's going to be more fun than a barrel of Monkies)
Zelda: Wind Waker U
LOZ: A Link Between Worlds - (Although, I'm not feeling the NSMB inspired bland and barren art style.)
Can't say I'm looking forward to much 3rd party support outside of Sonic Lost worlds U....
The Wonderful 101 will most likely be wonderful, and Bayonetta 2 will be utterly bodaciouNetta, but neither of two really appeal to me. But I'm still willing to give both of them a chance. Thank goodie for Wii U eShop demo's! There's also Mario & Lugi Dreamteam Bros which looks fantastic, but i'm scare i might get thrown off by the RPG elements.
Edited on Mon 17th June, 2013 @ 12:08 by WaveyChristmas
Currently Playing: NiGhts: Journey into Dreams!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!
14. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 09:10 BST
#2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
#3. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
#4. Pokemon X/Y
#5. Super Smash Bros. 3DS/WiiU
#6. The Order
#7. Mario Kart 8
#8. Project X
#9. Rayman Legends
#10. Bayonetta 2
Edited on Mon 17th June, 2013 @ 09:11 by 19Robb92
Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors
Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92
15. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 09:14 BST
Aside from MGS5, Mad Max, Super Smash and Donkey Kong, nothing.
Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury
16. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 09:32 BST
Monolith Soft/Nintendo Title 'X'.....nothing else really comes close except for maybe Smash Bros and/or Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut.
With that being said, I am still very much looking forward to playing the new Donkey Kong Country, Mario Kart 8, 3DS Zelda Sequel, Wonderful 101, Sonic Lost Worlds, and a few others. Lot's of great stuff coming for Wii U.
Edited on Mon 17th June, 2013 @ 09:37 by Jeremyx7
Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U
3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis
Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7
17. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 15:22 BST
Aside from MGS5, Mad Max, Super Smash and Donkey Kong, nothing.
How the hell did I forget MGS V?! Please. Hit me with a bit.
18. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 19:40 BST
I don't really have a top ten, so I'll just shorten it to seven.
7: Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
6: Super Mario 3D World
5: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
4: Mario Kart 8
3: 3DS Smash Bros.
2: Pikmin 3
1: Smash Bros. Wii U
Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!
Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.
Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64
19. Posted: Mon 17th Jun 2013 20:28 BST
-Mario Kart 8
-Batman Arkham Origins
-Super Smash Bros
20. Posted: Tue 18th Jun 2013 08:58 BST
1. Lego Marvel Super Heroes
2. Donkey Kong
3. Mario 3D World
5. The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
6. Mario Kart
7. Smash Brothers
8. Yarn Yoshi
9. Yoshi's New Island
10. The Legend of Zelda a Link Between Worlds