General Discussion Forum

Topic: NL Users You Never See Anymore...

Showing 1,441 to 1,460 of 1,772

AuthorMessage

Birdman

1,441. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

Aw dudes. Dudes. I just got an email saying I was mentioned on NL. I had no idea you could summon NL users with just the @ symbol...

YO GUYS :D SUP!

Yeah, that was updated in the settings, so now you can get an email whenever someone mentions you with the @ symbol. I turned that option off in mine because I felt that would become annoying.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,442. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

Aw dudes. Dudes. I just got an email saying I was mentioned on NL. I had no idea you could summon NL users with just the @ symbol...

Holy mackerel its HolyMackerel. Hey somebody had to do it. :P Welcome back man I hope this means we will see you around more often.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,443. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

:'(

Great to hear from you! Its tech101 and @CanisWolfred was MickeyMac! How's school going my long lost friend?

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

1,444. Posted:

You guys renamed yourselves! I knew you were tech101 but I had a bit of trouble figuring out who CanisWolfred is, haha. Long time no see buddies, I feel like I'm returning home after so long! How are you? Where are Peachy, pix, irken, JayArr, zez, PhoenixSage and theblackdragon these days? And so many other folks I got to know while I was active here. You guys are all awesome.

WARNING: LONG POST TIME (Hey, it's been like 2 years or something ok lol) (Did the bold and sub tags work lol I don't remember what the tags in this forum are)

I've been playing non-Nintendo things for the longest time now. Mostly on Steam and my PS3, because I don't have a 3DS or a Wii U. I'm starting to get that Nintendo itch again though. I've been pretty out of the loop in terms of Nintendo. What's new? I'm very seriously considering getting a 3DS XL these days! After seeing the new Mario games, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, MH3U, Layton, Ace Attorney, Zero Escape... man, it's shaping up to be a nice descendent of the DS, isn't it? Still waiting on more reasons to get a Wii U though...

I've been working on a lot of games and game prototypes. Here's one I made in February that got a bit of press. (NBC News, the Penny Arcade Report and Rock Paper Shotgun covered it!) Spacewalk is an online multiplayer astronaut simulator where you go on a spacewalk around the International Space Station! There aren't any goals, it's just a relaxing experience and an experiment I did to see what it feels like to float around in an EVA suit. You can watch a video review of it being played on the Oculus Rift here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnhkG_YsIGo#t=3m30s (The review starts at 3:30 in the video.)

I also worked on this game with some friends. Outer Wilds is a Majora's Mask-style space exploration game with simulated orbits and physics. You play an explorer from a rustic adventuring civilisation and you fly around a solar system in a spaceship learning its history and figuring out some big mysteries... and then time loops happen. :D

I'm going to start my final year of studies in the fall, so I probably won't have that much time for games next year. Sob. :'( It's my thesis year so it's a little stressful but also really exciting since I'm going to spend the year working on a big project of my own design. Then it's off into the games industry for me, haha. Though I'd love to make indie games with my friends if I could. I wanna make things for the 3DS and the Wii U if possible... We're always talking about how Nintendo hasn't used the Wii U's potential at all yet, and there are so many exciting things you could do with it.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,445. Posted:

@HolyMackerel Former users first. There was a Jayarr sighting a few weeks back but he's pretty much been mia for about 2 years or so. Zez I believe moved on to more playstaion things. Peachy not sure what happened to her but she has also been gone for over 2 years. Pix still post every once in a great while! Irken will still make an apperance here and there but I believe he also moved on to more playstation things. As for me I'm just enjoying the best the 3ds has to offer. You should really get one and send me a friend code. You also forgot to mention all the great Atlus games either out or coming in the next few months. Great hearing from you man and I hope I get to play one of your games on a nintendo system one day!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,446. Posted:

Mahary wrote:

@BenAV missed this guy :/ !

Aw, I'm still around.
I just currently don't have Internet at home so I can't get on as much as I usually do.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Mahra

1,447. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

Mahary wrote:

@BenAV missed this guy :/ !

Aw, I'm still around.
I just currently don't have Internet at home so I can't get on as much as I usually do.

So your Alive !? :o Haha okay ! So when are you getting Internet !?

Mahra

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2279-3969 | Nintendo Network ID: Crazyforart | Twitter: awkwardboo

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

1,448. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Magikarp wrote:

@RR529 Dude, of course you've melded! I think it's probably because I post around the eShop and Anime threads, but I see your posts around and I think you have a really level-headed and rational way of discussing which games you like/don't like. Plus, it's cool to get a toonami update, even if I don't get it around my parts :D

And on that note, does anyone know where @Tsuchinoko has been lately? He was always really clever and helpful.

Thanks man!

As for @Tsuchinoko, I haven't seen him post in the forums in forever, but I swear I've seen him recently in a main site article about a Japan only game (not the Tomodachi thing, though).

EDIT: He commented on the article about Nintendo getting sued over the WaraWara Plaza back on May 2nd, but that was his first post in a month, and he hasn't made any since.

My guess is that he's just busy in real life. Hope he becomes more active again, soon.

Thanks for the nice words. I wasn't on this site much. I moved from my little oceanside town of Odawara in western Kanagawa prefecture to Yokohama, and so I had to say goodbye to my friends and coworkers, while at the same time there was this thing were almost all of my non-Japanese friends (and one of my Japanese friends as well) were moving out of Japan all at the same time, so I felt really alone. It was weird, but I kind of really hid out, boarding myself in my room. I got a lot of studying done though, I feel like my reading is getting better, and I did start studying Chinese too, so that's a little bit of a silver lining.

Anyway, me and another friend of mine (who might actually become something more, he's another foreign expat living in Japan, a Chinese national who is becoming a Japanese citizen after living here for 10 years) really banded together since we've both been through the ringer in the past few months.

Aaaanyway, I have been checking this site occasionally over the past few months, just not commented. I really haven't been using my 3DS at all until this past week, so I had nothing to say.

On the translations, I loved doing them, but I stopped getting contacted about doing them, since some of the Nintendo Directs came with their own pre-made subtitles, or Nintendolife would use translations provided by other sites. I'd love to do one again, but I haven't been asked.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. Largate de aqui Dark Pit! ブラックピット出ていけ!

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,449. Posted:

@Mahary Well the plan was to have it back ages ago so I don't really know, haha.
I still have Internet on my phone which I tend to check the articles with but I don't have much data so I mainly save it for Facebook.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Mahra

1,450. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

@Mahary Well the plan was to have it back ages ago so I don't really know, haha.
I still have Internet on my phone which I tend to check the articles with but I don't have much data so I mainly save it for Facebook.

Awh , hope you get it soon thou I don't use FB anymore :P

( just realized you joined this site on my birth day hahaha ;) )

Edited on by Mahra

Mahra

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2279-3969 | Nintendo Network ID: Crazyforart | Twitter: awkwardboo

AuthorMessage

Birthday_Boy

1,451. Posted:

What happened to @jumbif?

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,452. Posted:

Wait, HolyMackerel is back!? :O
even though I never knew him personally, his threads were awesome.

In other news, JumpMad, he's still gone. :(

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,453. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

As is BadKitty. NL just isn't the same without those two...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

1,454. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Was the ToM demo a sign? Are we supposed to throw a No More LJM Party? Seriously though, I miss them.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything truly valid about what I say; Please exercise both.
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,455. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

If Tasuki, MadAussieBloke and Ogo78 left the Retro community, I'd have little interest in sticking around the retro forums.

hahaha im never leaving, you can count on that. thats good news for some and bad for all the rest :*
i wasnt aware ryno left either. that sucks

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,456. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

If Tasuki, MadAussieBloke and Ogo78 left the Retro community, I'd have little interest in sticking around the retro forums.

hahaha im never leaving, you can count on that. thats good news for some and bad for all the rest :*
i wasnt aware ryno left either. that sucks

He did have a perfectly fine reason though, he now has a child. :)

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

1,457. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

I see in my absence , everyone has gotten soft. NL's lazy lifestyle will end, and I will rule!

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,458. Posted:

LordJumpMad wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

I see in my absence , everyone has gotten soft. NL's lazy lifestyle will end, and I will rule!

and now the universe has regained it's balance
Welcome back dude. :*

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,459. Posted:

Could it be!? The Lord of Madness himself has returned!?

AuthorMessage

Varia01

1,460. Posted:

I have not seen @Rocko52 post recently. Did he go on vacation or something else?

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.