General Discussion Forum

Topic: NL Users You Never See Anymore...

Showing 1,381 to 1,400 of 1,765

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Undead_terror

1,381. Posted:

I haven't seen @Fabian in a long time, wonder what happened to him.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheKingOfTown

1,382. Posted:

I really miss warioswoods and Punny Guy too. :( they were both awesome

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

1,383. Posted:

I feel bad, because it seems like I don't ever notice anyone being absent, until I see their username mentioned here...

I've been here for awhile, but because of that, it still seems as if I haven't properly melded into the community.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jollykarp

1,384. Posted:

@RR529 Dude, of course you've melded! I think it's probably because I post around the eShop and Anime threads, but I see your posts around and I think you have a really level-headed and rational way of discussing which games you like/don't like. Plus, it's cool to get a toonami update, even if I don't get it around my parts :D

And on that note, does anyone know where @Tsuchinoko has been lately? He was always really clever and helpful.

Edited on by Jollykarp

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RudysaurusRex

1,385. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

RudyBelmont wrote:

Why does one self-ban? I don't understand the point.

It's for those who want to make doubly sure they don't spend time here when they're supposed to be doing important stuff. Not that hard to grasp if you ask me...

When I need to spend time doing other things, I just don't log on. It's not that hard.

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES
The best troll thread ever

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Squid

1,386. Posted:

RudyBelmont wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

RudyBelmont wrote:

Why does one self-ban? I don't understand the point.

It's for those who want to make doubly sure they don't spend time here when they're supposed to be doing important stuff. Not that hard to grasp if you ask me...

When I need to spend time doing other things, I just don't log on. It's not that hard.

I'm not going to speak for anyone, but I would assume it's just for someone to keep themselves from being tempted to give their two cents in a debate forum or something. Whatever the reason, it's not as easy as it sounds to just "not log in". I guess for some other long-time or dedicated members of the community it can be harder to break away from the forums or to check on how things are going. If nothing else, it's easier to stay out if you're made to register first rather than simply logging in.

Edited on by Squid

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

1,387. Posted:

CaptainSquid wrote:

RudyBelmont wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

RudyBelmont wrote:

Why does one self-ban? I don't understand the point.

It's for those who want to make doubly sure they don't spend time here when they're supposed to be doing important stuff. Not that hard to grasp if you ask me...

When I need to spend time doing other things, I just don't log on. It's not that hard.

I'm not going to speak for anyone, but I would assume it's just for someone to keep themselves from being tempted to give their two cents in a debate forum or something. Whatever the reason, it's not as easy as it sounds to just "not log in". I guess for some other long-time or dedicated members of the community it can be harder to break away from the forums or to check on how things are going. If nothing else, it's easier to stay out if you're made to register first rather than simply logging in.

For some people it is an addiction too. Sometimes people will just check for the sake of checking and for some to help fight that addiction its easier to be banned.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FOREST_RANGER

1,388. Posted:

RudyBelmont wrote:

When I need to spend time doing other things, I just don't log on. It's not that hard.

Lol. Believe it or not, people develop bad habits of constantly checking and engaging with the forums. And with lots of people having smartphones, tablets, laptops, 3DS, PS VITA, Wii U, work computers, school computers, and what not, it's easier to log into this site than you think. Even if victims try to reason with themselves why they need to stay off of this site, it isn't easy for them to overcome bad habits and addiction. It's that bad D:

Imaging a student or a worker at their computer doing their work. They see that Chrome icon. They know they can click that icon, type www.nintendolife.com on that address bar, click Sign in, and post in the forums. And then they can get distracted from work by anticipating posts or compulsively replying to a post. There goes those lost man hours. This is especially hard when they're addicted.

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ADaviii

1,389. Posted:

As someone who has self-banned in the past, I will put in my two cents.

The reasons why I self-banned were:

1) To completely rid myself of any connection I may have with the forum.

2) As a means of nearly forcing myself to not take part in any discussion on the forum in a potential 'withdrawal' phase. Basically, it's like quitting cold turkey.

For me, it was too hard to just not log in, as I would find myself ending up right back in the forum with high activity. Then, I would continue having problems, I'd reach the 'breaking point', declare my leaving, and not log in for about a week. Then, I'd come right back again. This cycle continued the 4 times I tried leaving. So, to be certain I wouldn't go back, I self-banned.

I tell you what, it was almost sad seeing how much free time I had after leaving lol. Still, those were the top two reasons in order of magnitude of the reasoning behind why I self-banned.

Be kind to yourself and to others.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

1,390. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

@RR529 Dude, of course you've melded! I think it's probably because I post around the eShop and Anime threads, but I see your posts around and I think you have a really level-headed and rational way of discussing which games you like/don't like. Plus, it's cool to get a toonami update, even if I don't get it around my parts :D

And on that note, does anyone know where @Tsuchinoko has been lately? He was always really clever and helpful.

Thanks man!

As for @Tsuchinoko, I haven't seen him post in the forums in forever, but I swear I've seen him recently in a main site article about a Japan only game (not the Tomodachi thing, though).

EDIT: He commented on the article about Nintendo getting sued over the WaraWara Plaza back on May 2nd, but that was his first post in a month, and he hasn't made any since.

My guess is that he's just busy in real life. Hope he becomes more active again, soon.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

1,391. Posted:

@RR529 - iirc, @Tsuchinoko does Japanese translations for NL when an English-language equivalent isn't available. Usually for Nintendo Directs, but with the Tomodachi Collection uproar, I'm sure NL will have him re-translate what they Google Translated asap to see if there's credibility to their claim.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

1,392. Posted:

@self bans and NL addiction: If I remember correctly... There was once a certain self-banned user who created another account to be able to post....

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

1,393. Posted:

Might as well say it now. Haven't seen @Chrono_Cross for awhile but thats the norm a new Animal Crossing came out. ;)

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

1,394. Posted:

So i guess Corbie has officially left Nintendo Life. I haven't seen reviews or any posts from this guy in ages. I always thought of him as the Captain/head guru of Nintendo life. :p

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

1,395. Posted:

@Wavester
The Staff page would disagree with you. Even if he had left, I don't know where you would get "officially" from; that would imply an actual official announcement. ;)

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 25 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 13 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

1,396. Posted:

I could be mistaken but didnt he do a review not that long ago?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamecubeMan

1,397. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@DanteSolablood right now...

I remember him, he was one of the first users on NL I ever met! Good times..... :O
Anyway, not that anyone cares about @Batchu but yeah he's never active but than again do any of you really care? >:3

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NoUsernameHere

1,398. Posted:

@GamecubeLad He's known as @MercifulLemon7 now. :3

Buying: SSB4 (3DS and Wii U), Pokemon OR/AS (3DS) The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
T3H K00L KR@B
Formerly PSI_King and WarioMan.
HYRULE WARRIORZ: FABULOUS SIMULATOR 2014

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pntjr

1,399. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

So i guess Corbie has officially left Nintendo Life. I haven't seen reviews or any posts from this guy in ages. I always thought of him as the Captain/head guru of Nintendo life. :p

Yeah I always wondered what happened to him......

Edit: Just found out now that he's working on Nintendo Force! awesome!

Edited on by pntjr

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

1,400. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Might as well say it now. Haven't seen @Chrono_Cross for awhile but thats the norm a new Animal Crossing came out. ;)

I've seen him a couple of times in the last 2 weeks! I'm going to guess Monster Hunter and a certain someone who was banned has something to do with it. Haven't seen much of BenAV either and I believe its also because of MH!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech