Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 821 to 840 of 2,540

edhe

With the lockdown and being on furlough, I've been striving to not just play games all day, and while I was unable to really pursue my artistic endeavors with the little time I had before, I'm now able to make progress on my projects, and so I'd like to show off what I've been able to do today.

My medium is animation - I've been trying to do some for ages now (I've even posted in this thread lamenting this), and my idea is based around a fictional wrestling federation (inspired by my love of WWF No Mercy) and the various comedic situations that can arise from that.

Untitled
This is an isolated movieclip of two wrestlers I call 'Walt' and 'Jim' from the animation I'm currently working on, animated at 24 frames per second.

And something I don't think I shared before, and unrelated to my current project (although related to the fictional universe at large) is an idle animation and 360 rotation of another wrestler I call 'Kitty Cat'.

The proportions might look a little off, but I was experimenting with a simplistic style.

The lines are much thicker in the latter compared to the former, but it was done quite a while ago compared to the peices at the top. I've started and stopped working on my animation so much, that when I get back to it, I'm usually better off starting again.

@Anti-Matter I can't remember, but I think your more recent work is a vast improvement from when I last saw it. You've definitely got a talent there.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Anti-Matter

My sketch of my alter ego David as Ice Skate Boxer for my next project 2021.
Untitled
David is also my real name.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

@Zuljaras looks great. Real amazing talent there.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Anti-Matter

My Anthro Tiger Marco as Boxer and Kickboxer for June 2020.
Untitled

Untitled

Anti-Matter

BabyYoda71

This is a great thread, I will post something here in the future. Do you draw these on paper, using an app/website or a bit of both?

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi65 A handy tip: you might want to use the "reply" feature next to a person's name, so we actually know who you're asking, and so they'll get notified of your reaction.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX I wasn’t asking a specific person, I was asking everybody if they do their art on paper or on a website.

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi65 Ah, my bad. Didn't interpret the plural intent in the question there.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi65 I draw or paint the old way, so on paper or canvas, and then make pictures and upload them.
I don't have a fancy drawing tablet nor am I good enough with a mouse in a paint program. But this thread here is for all kinds of art, so not just the ones I just now mentioned.

As you've probably already seen, there's sculptors in here as well, and we have photographers, of which I'm also one, and then there's the computer game designers/hobbyists. So, feel free to post whatever you designed or like to show us.

To make that easily viewable, you'll want to use picture uploading site PostImages:
https://postimages.org/

From the links created by your picture upload, you'll need to copy the one that says "Direct link" and then post it in your comment here, with the image command, exactly like in this example:
Untitled

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX Thanks, I will do that!

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi65 You're welcome. I'll be looking forward to what you're going to post here.

BabyYoda71

Here’s my first work of art:

https://postimg.cc/LqCjWRMn

It’s not as good as some of the art on this thread, but it’s one of my best drawing by me!

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi65 That was not the Direct link. The direct link is the one that ends in a picture file extension, so either .bmp, .png or .jpg. And you also forgot the image command, as I showed in the example above.

Here you go:
Untitled

If you click on "quote" next to my name, you can actually see how I've done it.

Anti-Matter

I drew some Kickboxers for my Math questions grade 3. 😅
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

Today I drew a sketch and this is my first attempt at digital drawing in Photoshop.

Untitled

I watched tutorials on inking, lineart and coloring so at the end I want to make it really gory and gruesome

Dark_Magician

@Anti-Matter The drawings are great! I remember my 3rd grade teacher gave me detention when I drew on the back...

Mancer_X

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic