Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 721 to 740 of 2,537

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
Yup. 😉
Bird with white and some black feathers, long neck and red crown = Red Crown Crane.
Some additional information about him.
He's one of Arnold's opponent last time and also Arnold's best friend.
He's also a coach for an apprentice Avian Kickboxer Swallow (Still doesn't have his proper name, i will think it later).
The Swallow is same age as Caleb the Dove (15 years old) but he study at different school.
The Swallow is very fast and smart but he is a shy boy and oftenly got bullied by other students from higher class. He joined in Avian Kickboxing club with his coach Tsurugi.

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@Anti-Matter - You know, I enjoy the back story of your characters as much as I enjoy the artwork.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
Thank you. 😀
Next, i will do the Swallow and other birds.

Anti-Matter

PCkid

@Zuljaras

Thank you for the screenshots.
May I ask you if you goal is to sell the game or if it's a kind of hobby for you ?

PS : 640x360 isn't a great choice BTW, if I were you, I'll go for :

384x216 to get more the feeling of the original Castlevania

OR

480x270 to have a good compromise "quality/performence"

In 640x360 pixelart games needs to have ultra-ultra-ultra high quality graphics.
Another thing to consider is that you use GML to make your game so you're going to work with texture pages and you can trust me on that, THINK 1st about performence, not resolution.

PCkid

Zuljaras

@PCkid It is a hobby for now but I would love to sell it when finished.
640x360 is my choice because of how I constructed my menus. If I have to change it now I will probably kill myself. I chose 16:9 ratio and I resize the window for bigger screens.

I am also thinking about the texture pages. I monitor them to se how many are used at the moment. I do not use big sprites for now but I use spine skeletal animations for the big bosses and it is very fun!

Also Castletoria is inspired by Castlevania not a copy

Edited on by Zuljaras

PCkid

@Zuljaras

Ok, I wish you all the best.

PS : when you talk about "your menus", you mean the menu that you have post as one the screenshot ?

PCkid

Zuljaras

@PCkid Yes and also the Inventory the bestiary the spells menu. All of them. Come to think of it this gives me the opportunity to make some giant bosses feel really giant.

PCkid

@Zuljaras

Soooooooooooo, because you prefer to keep a resolution of 640x360 for your game, I spent 2 hours to make a mock up.
The goal is to optimise your visuals because you'd like to sell your game.
This is something unpolished but it could help you to go in a "more commercial way".

I wanted to write a lot stuffs about your screenshots and I think it's easier to understand with a direct comparison.

Untitled

Edited on by PCkid

PCkid

Zuljaras

Just gonna leave this here as well. Another one of my hobbies One of my old plasticine figures. It is my shaman from World of Warcraft.

Untitled

I had more of those but this one turned better than the others. Or at least I think that

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

Latest addition to the intro of my game. Here the main character is shown mastering both the art of war and magic.
It is basic but still learning

Untitled

DenDen

@Zuljaras this is amazing!!
Dang!!

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Zuljaras

Soon a colleague of mine has birthday and I decided to make him a present.
He is big fan of Hearthstone and I made him a card out of clay. On the one side is the card on which I will put a photo of him and some epic text. On the other is the Legend card back (for those who know Hearthstone).
I still need to paint it. And finish it with transparent nail polish.
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Zuljaras

Matthew010

I have no idea what Hearthstone is (I've heard of it) but that looks great!

Matthew010

Zuljaras

Here is the card finished with color and nail polish. The back gem is covered with glitter to make it shiny.
The name (text) and the photo are not included on purpose
Untitled
Untitled

Matthew010

Untitled
This was my entry into Nintendo UK's Link's Awakening Fan Art competition. Just thought I'd share it here and to ask @AlexOlney whether mine was disqualified or something. I thought the video on the YouTube channel was of all the entries?

Edited on by Matthew010

Matthew010

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic