Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 621 to 640 of 2,493

Anti-Matter

@Matthew010
Color gradation = You blend darker color with lighter color to create an effect that the things shined by a light.
Take a look my Chibi Springman.
Untitled
You can see if I blended the color of his Spring arms.
I blended darker blue with light blue and i faded the light blue color on certain parts to create highlighted spot.

And for inking, after i draw, i trace the outline with Snowman marker / Drawing pen and erase the pencil sketces once inking process finished.
Untitled
Untitled

After inking process finished, i photocopied my drawing to prevent something unwanted (wrong color, damaged paper, etc) & color the photocopied paper with Faber Castell Classic 48 colors.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Dualmask

Hello, I'm an artist on various social media as well. I post most frequently on Instagram, http://instagram.com/dualmask but more of my art from years past can be found on deviantART: http://dualmask.deviantart.com.

Edited on by Dualmask

Check me out on social media at http://instagram.com/jonathanpriceart and https://jonathanpriceart.net

ThanosReXXX

@Late I wish I had any finished material to share, but as I said, most of it was literally half a lifetime ago, which in my case is more than 20 years. I've given away drawings and paintings, lost paintings and drawings during a house moving, and haven't done much drawing during the past decade.

The best I can give you is these quick and rough scribbles I've done during work hours. They're quite rough, and I'm not really proud of a number of the results, nor had I ever intended to share them, but I've kept them in my smartphone album simply because sometimes I want to remember and work out ideas that I get. I haven't found the time or the spirit to do it yet, though...

All are done with a simple ballpoint pen, and at the very least, they might give you an inkling of what a drawing that actually does have my full attention could look like...

So, please take all of that into account when looking at what are more or less my versions of your 5 minute drawings...
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Matthew010 Yes it does. You get a couple of links for each picture: an html link, a delete/removal link and also a link that you can post here. The pictures above are all posted with PostImage.

@Anti-Matter That's really quite good. My compliments to you.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@FinalFrog To upload one of your own, or from your PC/smartphone, use this site:
https://postimages.org/

It will create a link, which you can then copy/paste in any of your posts on this site.

The command to use for that is:
[ img ] paste link to picture here instead of this text [ / img ]

To make it work, remove all the spaces that I placed in between all the commands.
You can also post the link as it is, it will then appear as an active, clickable link, which will produce a popup window with the picture, or it will simply go to the page where the picture is uploaded.

EDIT:
Here's an example of a clickable link with a popup picture window:
https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/123/1239113/3286...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@FinalFrog That looks pretty cool!
You used the wrong link, though: the link you must use, should end in a picture file format extension, which is almost always either .jpg or .png.

The correct link from the picture you uploaded is this one:
https://s17.postimg.org/o9qbl2nhr/wild_wirly_tree_2.jpg

Now copy/paste that into your own comment above mine instead of the one you used now, and see the difference for yourself.

Late

@ThanosReXXX I'm glad you had at least something to share. Even if they are just scribbles. Nowadays it's so much easier to retain at least some form of the drawing by scanning or taking a quick photo with a phone. Those scribbles kind of remind me of the stuff my brother used to draw. He was never into drawing that much but he liked to scribble on his notebooks like I'm sure most of us do.

@FinalFrog Cool. I'd love to see more. I drew couple of comic strips when I was a kid. My comic strip only ended up on local dentist's notice board when I was 7 or 8. The comic had a simple message: "Remember to brush your teeth." It featured two Pokémon (showing how young I am) and one of them was Cyndaquil which doesn't even have teeth as far as I'm aware of.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

ThanosReXXX

@FinalFrog Haha, that's a cool story to tell, something to fondly remember and relive over a few pints with a couple of mates, surely.

You're still using the wrong links, though. Pictures aren't supposed to look like thumbnails...
If you use the right links (ending in .jpg or .png), then you also don't have to click on them anymore to see them in their actual size.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@Late Funny thing is that only when I'm making scribbles, I'll draw cartoony stuff. Otherwise, it would be landscapes, animals or abstracts. The prehistoric bird in one of the scribbles is the one that comes closest to that.

And I often like to make more with less: I used only a single color ballpoint pen on purpose (and obviously out of necessity, seeing as I wouldn't have had a full set of pencils at work) and try to make all the textures, shades and gradients with that, just to see how many different ones I can create.

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I would never have figured you for the artist type! That's surprising....and depressing. I'd share a stick figure but it might nit be identifiable

@Anti-Matter Wow, an art tutorial in the middle of an NL thread, if I had an artistic bone in my body, that would be really cool I love the shots of the working progress....you'd be great with a "learn to draw" kind of website or video series

NEStalgia

Late

@ThanosReXXX I have never enjoyed coloring myself so I'm almost always using single mechanical pencil for the whole process. Sometimes I might ink the outlines if I'm feeling fancy. My drawing style hasn't really changed during the last 10 years.

This is from 2009. (I didn't use a ruler for some reason.)
Untitled

And this is from 2016. (Was bored at school.)
Untitled

It's its, not it's.

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
"Wow, an art tutorial in the middle of an NL thread, if I had an artistic bone in my body, that would be really cool I love the shots of the working progress....you'd be great with a "learn to draw" kind of website or video series "

Well, that was my Basic preparation before i draw. I did same things for my Drawing teaching materials in classroom.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Depressing? Aw, man, I hope it's not in a kind of "yet another thing that he can do, that I can't" kinda way...

As for me in general: always expect the unexpected. Because you should, from a highly social and empathic guy that somehow chose the ultimate destroyer as his online avatar...

P.S.

Some great games are once again available at Games with Gold. Get that X already, man. You know you want to...

@Late Another couple of nice ones. And not to worry: I'm not too bothered by you not having used a ruler on the first one. I haven't got that steady of a hand myself, so I'm not about to judge someone else on some less than straight lines...

Except for the work-time scribbles, I only use normal pencils or brushes. Not really into anything automatic or mechanic. I do use precision markers sometimes, if I'm very happy with the end result of certain pencil drawings, and I wish to preserve them, I'll ink them. Not all of them, though. Some pencil drawings just need to stay as they are.

Rising_Jay

Hi! New to the NL forum scene. I did this one a little while after the March Direct as an experiment between my usual style combined w/ Splatoon's~

Untitled

Rising_Jay

Late

@Rising_Jay Welcome to the forums. Your drawing is great. I like the colors and shading. The shoes look a bit flat compared to everything else, though.

It's its, not it's.

ThanosReXXX

@FinalFrog Sure, I'll edit them out. But just out of curiosity: why does it make you feel uncomfortable? It's good material, especially that Wirly Tree image, which I really like.

We all posted our own material full-sized as well, so I honestly don't see the difference in posting in smaller size, if you don't want people to look at your pictures, so that kind of puzzles me.

ThanosReXXX

@FinalFrog No man, wouldn't do anything even remotely as vile as that. I'm a social guy, not a "teach you a lesson" kinda guy. I thought I was helping you out, that's all.

And when you upload a picture to PostImage, it also creates a delete link, so you should be able to use that.

I still like the Wirly Tree image, though. Never even noticed that it's on top of a "bad oil painting". I like crazy, cartoony stuff, and that image certainly qualifies as such.

ThanosReXXX

@FinalFrog Hm, the black & white version is also nice, but I preferred the painted/colored one.

And I'm almost afraid to say it, so no offense, but you're STILL using the wrong links.
I've underlined the correct link to use in red in this picture of the PostImage page that you'd see once you've uploaded a picture:
Untitled
And as I'm sure you've already noticed, the picture delete/removal link is the last one on the list...

Late

Finally had time to finish my drawing from a month ago.
Untitled

It's its, not it's.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic