Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 561 to 580 of 2,535

Maxz

@gcunit I totally get that. I think AA might be the hardest game on the Wii U, in terms of the concentration necessary and resulting fatigue. And the time taken to beat a level is pretty taxing too. It's no wonder a lot of people don't make it past the apple.

Hardcore gamers paint lillies.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

gcunit

@Maxz Ha - that's gone straight in my sig

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

gamermole

I cant really link the picture here but i drew my avatar picture haha.

gamermole

Maxz

There was a Japanese calligraphy workshop at the library yesterday, which I'd got tickets for a few weeks earlier. I was quite looking forward to it, as I'd never really had access to an actual lesson/instruction, and hadn't had much experience with the proper equipment (calligraphy brush, mat, special paper, weight etc.). I'd done some practicing using a Pentel brushpen in a notebook, which had been very helpful and convenient, but hadn't had much experience of using an actual calligraphy brush on actual calligraphy paper.

Anyway, it was really fun, and after a long time getting used to using a proper brush (which is quite a different beast from the pen), I felt more comfortable and managed to create a few things I'm quite proud of:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Perhaps it's not 'art', but I like to think it is, and it's the certainly closest I've come to it in quite a while. It's definitely the first time I've put actual pen to actual paper in ages, as everything else I've done has been on a Wii U or a computer (and for some reason by computer tablet doesn't seem to be working, so it may be a while until I do another). There's something quite satisfying and sploshing actual ink around and trying not to get covered in it.

Anyway, this thread's been dormant for a while, so I hope other people have been up to something in the last month!

POST MOAR ARTS!

Edited on by Maxz

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Late

My art count for this year is currently close to zero but here's some pixel art from last year.

I created some Smash pixel art as I wanted to make my friends' favorite characters out of Hama beads and give them as presents. I added Agent J and Piper in the same picture so I don't need to upload as many pictures.
Untitled

I created over 300 black and white pixel art images last year as a preparation for my 3rd attempt in making a Picross game. Turned out I didn't have time to make the game.
Untitled

As a bonus, here are screenshots of my Picross game that I made a year ago. Some say games are art too.

Screenshot1
Screenshot2

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

16bitdave

nice! I've been lazy since I got the Switch but I'll make more someday soon.@Late

https://hiddenlevel.bigcartel.com

Switch Friend Code: sw-4349-8419-7001 | 3DS Friend Code: 1650-3873-3348 | My Nintendo: 16bitdave | Nintendo Network ID: 16bitdave

sugarpixel

Untitled
This is a Nintendo-focused website, so here's a Nintendo-related piece of artwork I did recently! I recently got Breath of the Wild, and one of the first things I thought of was making a painting from it, and here's what I ended up with! I went for a soft, acrylic painting look, and I like how it turned out!

If you like this I have a ko-fi page, you can click on "gallery" there to see more of my work! And of course I can post more art here if people would be interested 'u' (tho this thread seems to move a little slowly hehe >w< )

Edited on by sugarpixel

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

THESE thread needs MOAR art, swell, uhhh, TOAST!

Here is somethang I doodled not to0o0o long ago. I drew it on some big whiteboard, took a pic of it, and then used some app to add colors to it, ???, CANNED TOAST!

Untitled

As a bonus, here is picture art, which I do sometimes I guess.
Untitled

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

roy130390

@Late Your work is amazing, I really loved how you made Samus.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Late

@roy130390 Thank you. It's always nice to get feedback.

I haven't really done anything new for few months but here's some more black and white pixel art. I hope I haven't shared these before.
Untitled

@sugarpixel I really like your Zelda painting. I'm not good with colors so I wouldn't be able to do something like that. I don't even know the last time I colored one of my drawings. Though, the latest one I can find on my PC is from 2012. I also took a quick look at your art gallery. Nice drawings all around.

It's its, not it's.

sugarpixel

@Late hehe thank you! you are right that color takes its own kind of skills and practice! I enjoy your pixelart too, I do some of that myself from time to time, as you may have seen from my gallery 'u' Here's a couple I did fairly recently I liked!

Untitled

Untitled

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Maxz

I'm glad this time thread is alive again even though I have very little to contribute presently. It's nice to have an art hub for the community. : )

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Late

I recently got into cross-stitching. I started this a week ago.
Untitled

I'm cross-stitching a screenshot from a certain game but I'll let you guys figure out which game it is. Hint: It's from the beginning of the game when you make a new file. I might share it again in a week or two and reveal the answer if no one gets it right.

It's a shame this thread always dies in a day or two.

It's its, not it's.

Namco

I guess not a lot of people consider lego design an art... Well here is a replica of a guardian from Breath of the Wild. Its legs and head can move like in the game. It doesn't shoot lasers though, thank goodness. Now to make a shrine guardian to go with it.

Untitled

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Kimyonaakuma

@Late Wow that's impressive! I've always wanted to do some cool stitching but I've never got round to it
That is amazing though, I'm sure that it will look beautiful once it's finished!

To be honest I had no idea that this thread existed, and I've been here for a year or two. I'd post something if I ever get around to finishing one project but I have so many ideas that I abandon a lot of my older ones.

... I've also never shared anything that I've made so there's also that. That can be a fun collection of things to find when I'm dead

Kimyonaakuma

Late

@Kimyonaakuma Thank you. I wanted to try out cross-stitching again because I remember liking it when I was little. I also got a bit tired of Hama/Perler beads so it was a nice change of pace. Here's just a small peek of what used to be my apartment's wall. I've since moved to a different apartment so I left all my bead creations at home because I don't know how long I'll be living here. It wouldn't be worth the hassle to put all of them back on wall for half a year or so. Anyway, here's the picture:
Untitled

Here's another. I've shared these as pixel art before but I made the Smash characters for my friends. Bunch of Pokémon on the side as well.
Untitled

I'd like to see some of your projects, even if they're not finished. And go on and try stitching as well. It's fun and relaxing. And I'm not surprised you didn't even know this thread exists. I think there are quite a lot of users who never visit the general discussion threads. This place is about games after all.

@Sir_Anthony That looks so cool! I want one! Please, share the shrine guardian as well once you've finished it. And don't worry, most of the things I post here aren't what you'd call traditional art either. Though, I think I have something more traditional to share as well.

These are from last summer. I loved drawing as a kid but nowadays I spend so much time drawing anything, no matter how simple it is, that I've almost stopped completely. I wanted to draw something, though. I decided to challenge myself so me and my sister ended up drawing things with a time limit. 5 minutes per drawing. It was really fun challenge. Now, most of these are Finnish musicians so don't waste your time trying to recognize them. Most of the faces aren't finished because I ran out of time. Most of them turned out well but there are some bad ones as well because there was no time to fix mistakes.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

It's its, not it's.

Maxz

@Sir_Anthony I call this art. Or cool. Or something. Anyway, it's great. Do you have the pieces necessary to make it in real life?

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Namco

@Late @Maxz Thanks! No I couldn't make this in real life, not by a long shot! There was a time where you could manufacture and order your designs with DesignByMe, but it closed in 2012. Good old days... This set would've been quite expensive anyway. The guardian consists of 1648 bricks in total and it's actually pretty huge. Here is a minifigure for scale:

Untitled

@Late Btw your bead creations are top notch! I like your taste in videogames as well. I finally got around to playing Cave Story, such a great platformer.

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Kimyonaakuma

@Late wow you're like a bead ninja....or something like that You're really good! The character choices are great too and look just like they do in the games. Do you have an art page or something that I could follow? Because I will if it exists.

As for me sharing something... we'll see! I might not upload some of my older stuff (because it's probably not great), but I'll put up whatever I make next. A small audience might make me work harder and actually finish it.

I have exams at the moment so some relaxing cross stitching might help, but after exams I have some TMS #FE themed things that would like to make. I just had the idea today but I'll share those for sure!

@Sir_Anthony That's really impressive! I didn't realise that it was that big though...

And of course LEGO design counts as art, it's basically stylised 3D modelling, at least in my opinion

Kimyonaakuma

Late

@Sir_Anthony Thank you. I get really happy when someone tells me I've got a good taste in games. I love recommending games to others and hear later that they liked the game I suggested. Cave Story is an awesome game. One of my all time favorites.

@Kimyonaakuma Thanks again. To be fair, most of them are straight up taken from the games so it's no wonder they look like they do in their respective games. Only sprites, out of the ones seen in the pictures, that I've made from the ground up, are the Smash characters, Lemming and Piper Faraday. There's one more custom sprite, the Inkling girl but that specific art is by someone else. I just found the image and decided to do it.

And no, I don't have an art page. I used to have a DeviantArt account but I deleted it couple of years ago. I've mostly just shared my art on my Facebook page... but I've deleted that account as well... Your best bet is to just check this thread once in a while if you want to see more art from me.

I'm looking forward to your Tokyo Mirage Sessions thing, whatever it turns out to be. I bought the game quite recently and really liked it. I have to finish it at some point. I stopped to make room for Super Mario Odyssey when it came out and now I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 since its release day. I might keep a small break after I finish XC2, play some other games and then go back to TMS. Don't want to get an RPG overdose.

It's its, not it's.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic