Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 2,537

Turnip

Just scribbling on Art Academy while I'm waiting for coffee to be made.
Untitled

Edited on by Turnip

Cringing is really fun.

Lindemannade

I started a tumblr a little while ago which I'm liking since it's encouraging me to draw more than just my comic, like this Attack On Titan fan art I randomly spent much of the other day drawing - I need me some real 3D maneuver gear! (Any engineers among you with a lot of time on your hands? Please?)
Untitled

KarrotMan

This was part of I canceled commission I made for a friend, I even got the story boards down...
Untitled

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Shirma_Akayaku

I drew this looooong time ago. A couple years back, I drew a lot, but I lost the motivation.
Untitled

I also drew Platinum The Trinity from Blazblue too, but I haven't uploaded it to the internet. If people want me to, I'll be glad to do so.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

sugarpixel

Oh dear, I forgot about this thread!
Anyway, this is my most recent drawing:
Untitled
I am SO happy with this. ...just a character I came up with randomly the other day. ^-^ but I love the way she turned out. ^-^

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Turnip

More doodles. I'd love if I had the patience to sit down and spend more than 30 minutes painting/drawing something.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Turnip

Cringing is really fun.

KarrotMan

So I got myself into making sprites for this little mobile Smash bros. type game and now that I'm done, I decided to get back into Illustrator after a month hiatus. I'm discussing with the main dev about making "official" art for each of the fighters, so here's what I got so far:
Untitled

@Turnip I wish I could draw fast and get works down in the same quality as yours. Those look great, especially love the Box-head girl.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

The_Ninja

@Turnip
I love how that box head girl looks....

Anyways, I'm gonna start drawing again when I get a drawing tab. Now I'll still draw on paper but wont upload them.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Turnip

@Karakato @The_Ninja - Thanks!

More scribbles. Lately I've been trying to spend more time on drawings/paintings, but they always stress me out. I much prefer doodling and sketching.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
UntitledUntitled
P.S. I hate anatomy.

Edited on by Turnip

Cringing is really fun.

HappyHappyist

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by HappyHappyist

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

CanisWolfred

^ZOMG that was adorablazing!

You guys (...and my depression/high-tension) are making me want to doodle some more. I do some every once in a while, but I find I'm quite terrified of drawing...despite being incredibly therapeutic. This is becoming a recurring theme with a lot of my activities, actually. -_-;

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Shirma_Akayaku

CanisWolfred wrote:

You guys (...and my depression/high-tension) are making me want to doodle some more. I do some every once in a while, but I find I'm quite terrified of drawing...despite being incredibly therapeutic. This is becoming a recurring theme with a lot of my activities, actually. -_-;

I can relate to that. My condition makes it hard to do things in general, but when it comes to drawing I need to see something to feel inspired / motivated. My feelings are fleeting though when it happens. I'd need my meds to feel positive and productive if I wanna draw.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

CanisWolfred

Rosalina wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I can relate to that. My condition makes it hard to do things in general, but when it comes to drawing I need to see something to feel inspired / motivated. My feelings are fleeting though when it happens. I'd need my meds to feel positive and productive if I wanna draw.

What meds do you take, if you don't mind me asking? I could probably use them since I just went off the ones I used to take (they weren't helping anymore, but a higher dosage was out of the question). I just need the name.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Shirma_Akayaku

@CanisWolfred Well I have three, but I'm only taking one now.
I have Abilify, Wellbutrin, and Adderall. The Adderall has it's side-affects, like not being hungry and higher brain activity / positive mood. It can make you lose weight fast too. I probably eat one meal a day or less and I don't feel hungry even if I don't eat. The others I don't take since I haven't taken them for years now. If you're going to try Adderall, the only thing I recommend is that you do not eat carbs. Just eating one piece of toast makes me sick, but I don't know if you'll have the same effect I had. Lastly, you might be physically and mentally exhausted at the end of the day depending on how high the dose. That's all I got to tell you.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

CanisWolfred

@Rosalina - Oh wow, I already take those (well, except Wellbutrin. You can't take antidepressants and ADHD drugs at the same time. But I used to take it). Does/did the Abilify help you? That's the one I recently stopped because I thought it wasn't helping. In fact, I was taking it for anxiety, and all my doctors were surprised I take Abilify for that. None of them knew it could be used for that...except the one doctor who prescribed it to me 5 years ago...which is why I'm really questioning it. It's too hard for me to tell what's affecting me right now since I'm always more axious in the summer, but I kinda almost snapped yesterday...

And I guess I have a monsterous appetite, but I have been taking Adderal XR for about a year and a half I guess and never noticed any affects on my appetite. I still need 4 or 5 (small) meals a day.

@Turnip - I've been mentally analyzing it for about 5 years now and it's...a very multi-layered problem, and every time I think I've found the core, it turns out to be another layer. For now I'm just gonna try to summon up all my motivation and see if I can push myself to draw every once in a while, though that really only puts a band-aid on the problem...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Shirma_Akayaku

@CanisWolfred You know, years after I stopped taking Abilify, I decided to try it again a couple days ago since it was a small dose , 5mg, and I ended up getting sick from it. I don't think it helps at all. Also, I think Abilify raises blood pressure too. I don't take the Wellbutrin since the dose is extremely high, 300mg. BTW, I'm schizophrenic.

Your reply to Radish about your "multi-layered problem" is relate-able.

1) My schizophrenic cycle goes like this. I start taking meds and everything starts going well. Then I'm doing great and I feel like I don't need the meds anymore, OR, after I feel great, the effects start to wear off. So I stop taking meds and I fall back into my schizophrenic state. During those times of feeling great and looking independent, people start to let me go and expect me to be on top of my stuff with little support from them. That in turn damages my recovery process and I end up relapsing.

2) When I try to find the problem / issues I have, I always find myself getting into an endless cycle. At first I think I find something that could improve my life, but then when it comes to actually improving myself, I tend to find it impossible and just leave my life the way it is in its terrible condition. Then later on in time, I think find something and yada-yada-yada and I'm in the cycle again.

We can pick this up later if you want on the Chit-Chat Thread or the Disappointment of the Day Thread.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

CanisWolfred

^Yeah, I try not to crosshatch unless I really think it'll add a really nice effect to whatever I'm drawing...I think it worked really well there, though.

@Radish @Rosalina - I agree that it's probably best to take this over to the Chat thread. I'll make a post there soon-ish.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic