Topic: Nintendolife Artists

Showing 341 to 360 of 456

AuthorMessage

SuperMalleo

341. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

I just drew this:
Untitled
I was in both an artistic and a Kirby mood. :)

AWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on by SuperMalleo

Plumber extraordinaire at your service.
配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。
YouTube Channel | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena | The Malleogerry (Still needs some updating)

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

342. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

@TwoTheNines thank you too! :)

...I need to get out in the deviantART community and raise interest in my work... there's been hardly any activity on my artworks (each one maybe gets added to a collection or a couple of favorites and maybe a comment), but this is probably because I'm not out there spreading my name! ...I'm just sitting here in my own little corner...

Did you try joining clubs?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Gioku

343. Posted:

@CanisWolfred: Like I said, I've done nothing outside of my own page; I need to get out into the community!

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

Karakato

344. Posted:

I need some feedback and tips on this: I've always wanted to do an action heavy comic (not Manga) series. Right now I've got 5 pages of the preview sketched with only one page inked and "colored". I plan to upload them to the community once I've got all 5 finished but I want to know what needs improvement if the first page is a representation for this series.
Untitled

@Gioku It would be a travesty for your Kirby work to get little to no attention whatsoever. As you said, joining a community will grant your works more attention.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Gioku

345. Posted:

WHOA HOLY CRAP!

My Dedede Resort drawing got added to a couple of groups, and... it just absolutely exploded with people adding it to their favorites! :O
yay!

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

346. Posted:

@Karotkake I'm digging the style, you're really making the characters pop, which is good.
also, I guess you could call that a *proto*type

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

347. Posted:

@Karakato - I don't like the White borders (it draws my eyes to the 5th panel when I'm supposed to be looking at the 4th), but otherwise I like it.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Karakato

348. Posted:

@CanisWolfred Would it be better if I added thin black frames within the white borders or should I just color the borders black entirely?

Anyhow, I made another strip after completing Dual Destinies, and don't worry, no spoilers:
Untitled

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

349. Posted:

@Karakato - A Black Line like you got in that other strip, about as thick, if not a little thinner, would probably be better. I think for that strip, the fact that you don't have any color and chose to make the sky White as well was what caused me some trouble there.

Or you could have thin Black lines around the boxes, like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mMpCue8x6vg/Tem8KmSQaSI/AAAAAAAAAVA...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Turnip

350. Posted:

@Karakato -You should use varied textures to make it look less bland; try using some screentones.

Cringing is really fun.

AuthorMessage

Karakato

351. Posted:

@CanisWolfred Haha yeah, that link you showed me was what I had in mind for my first option. Will have to revise some scenes though.

@AtaraxiaX I have a question about screentones. Do you apply it with simple brush strokes or do you have to select a certain area? Still don't have a grasp at proper shading atm. Also, I may want to try adding speed lines to add more emphasis to some actions. Any thoughts on how to do this on Illustrator/Photoshop?

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

352. Posted:

@Karakato I think a bit more dynamic shading might make it a bit more interesting too(I think it's fine on the others, but mainly on the second panel- it looks wierd how debri and the people flying out of it are shaded really dark and the castle isn't). I think that's the only big suggestion I have.

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

Gioku

353. Posted:

I'm on a Rosalina drawing kick; expect to see more Rosalina artwork from me soon! :D
Untitled
This was just a quick one; spent 37 minutes on it! ...I'm happy to have found something new to draw in this style; I really love this art style! :)

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

354. Posted:

TwoTheNines wrote:

@CanisWolfred what about a silhouette logo of your character? Black on an eye catching colored background..

Thanks, but I think that might be a bit boring. Certainly down to my skill level for sure, but for my Profile pic, I feel I should actually try something a little harder. But at least you greased the wheels, and my brain's running again.

So far I have 4 options:

A) Takeo Kyoufuu, the Robot Ninja Cat, leaning against an autum tree, while the wind blows
B) A Winter-y Themed Picture, possibly to be replaced in the Spring
C) Two of my characters watching a monster and a robot fight on TV, with the perspective being behind the couch and the focus being on the TV screen
D) Try to come up with something else?

"A" Would be the hardest, since I'd have to include clothing/wind effects. "B" would be the easiest to color since I'd probably involve a lot of snow. "C" Might reflect my interests more, but would involve a lot of shading. I'll probably draw all 3 at some point, though. I just need to figure out what to do now, unless someone has any other suggestions?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Gioku

355. Posted:

@CanisWolfred C sounds cool, I think. I like the idea for that one. :)

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Karakato

356. Posted:

Thanks for the feedback guys, I guess I have a lot to learn for polishing my scenes. Might have to put that project aside so I can brush up my skills and still continue on doing what I enjoy. Anyway, did some Game Center CX fanart just to show my little for that game series that will never again cross borders.
Untitled
Link

@CanisWolfred While option C sounds great, it would be a hard task for someone who's starting out since the concept is a bit complicated. Go for Option A which, while not as involved, is simpler to draw and personally, robo ninja cats resting in serenity are Ace.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

DRL

357. Posted:

Good stuff, @Karakato. I like it a lot. :)

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Twitter: DaveLetcavage

AuthorMessage

Dragonfly224

358. Posted:

This is my recent drawing...
Vegeta (Saiyan Saga) from Dragon Ball Z
Untitled

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel
Gamertag: Dragonfly224
Playstation Network ID: Tonbo224

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

359. Posted:

I drew something for once, yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!
Untitled

Here's Ristar the doodlestar, this would be Ristar on some planet based on art..........dang, that would had been a good idea for a planet in the sequel :( (if there ever is one).

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

FOREST_RANGER

360. Posted:

Karakato wrote:

I need some feedback and tips on this: I've always wanted to do an action heavy comic (not Manga) series. Right now I've got 5 pages of the preview sketched with only one page inked and "colored". I plan to upload them to the community once I've got all 5 finished but I want to know what needs improvement if the first page is a representation for this series.
Untitled

@Karakato
Uh. I know I'm way late for the game, but I have some suggestions and notes.

Here are some important things to note:

• It's a good idea to compose abstract scenes of what you envision. In other words, keep the scene simple in the planning sketchy stage so you can easily examine the emotion, pacing, and composition of a scene. As soon as you're done with that, maybe take a break and examine your comic a little later. That way, you'd be able to see stuff that could be more awesome or fleshed-out. Now I'm not saying you didn't do that, but I thought this was important to note. So I did a revised sketch of your original scenes that would be in the planning phase. Hopefully, you'll have an idea of what I mean.
  • Try anything you can to create a sense of motion in some way. In each panel, lead your readers through that panel. Maybe make visual cues that invokes a sense of direction and movement through each panel. Also try to create a sense of motion in the characters (more on that in a bit).
  • you can use the size of your panels to give a sense of the pacing and "epicness" of each bits of a scene. You could use bigger panels for intense or important moments, and smaller panels for other stuff like a 1 second event.
  • I keep mentioning pacing and action, also known as flow-of-action. So, I will mention it here. Having good pacing makes your comic varied and engages audiences. This video from Extra Credits might help explaining what it is.

Here are stuff that help too, though not too essential at this point in your journey:

• You can invoke a sense of motion in your characters by using (asterisk) gestures. In that case, all that matters is that you draw the essence of the motion of your characters. There isn't one official way to do this.
  • Using perspectives and camera dynamics can help enforce a sense of motion in your scenes

So here is that sample sketch I made for your benefit:
Untitled

• I thought panels 2 and 5 were important in your scene, so I made them bigger to emphasize them.
  • In panel 3, I tried giving a sense of perspective as though a camera was panning upward. In other words, I'm trying to give a visual cue and guide viewers upwards
  • In panels 4, I tried to make it like like smoke was moving towards the top-right corner in direction
  • In panel 5, I drew a quick gesture of the character to give a rough idea of how they should look
  • The comic was sketched with as little lines and details as possible to "look at the big picture"
  • It looks a bit manga-y, but I hope you understand

Hope these tips help. Don't let these things damper your enthusiasm. Do your best and good luck. Oh, and if you want to make more comics, you might be interested in CLIP STUDIO PAINT from Celsys. It helps with making comics, and they have limited-function trial that basically has everything save for saving files and printing.

I'll say more later.

NOTE: For making gesture drawings, I personally like the video from a video series called Proko. It does a nice job of explaining what it is. But bear in mind that it contains nudity for education purposes (save for the censoring). If you want to see it, look up "Proko how to draw gesture" on YouTube.

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator