General Discussion Forum

Topic: Nintendolife Artists

Showing 181 to 200 of 467

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

181. Posted:

I made a few adjustments, mainly to her dress by making it seem more like cloth:

Untitled

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Squid

182. Posted:

@Super-Mario-Fan - it's: (img)link-of-your-image-goes-here.jpg(/img)
In that example, just change the parentheses to these brackets: [ ] Hope that helps.

Anyways, I haven't drawn in a while, but I have been planning to do so since I'll have time over this summer. So, expect some posts from me soon? D:

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

183. Posted:

@Onikato Wait, so you made that MML3 cover? :O

What do you guys think of my art (above)?

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Karakato

184. Posted:

@Ark_Sin Well yes, I was getting into photoshop when I made those. I didn't actually draw the Servbot since I had no experience with digital illustrations mind you. As for your work, I like how you clean and mildly minimalistic your picture is but I think it would look better with some shading ala WW style. But overall it's still visually pleasing.

I made this comic for the lulz a month ago during the last Ninty Direct:
Untitled

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

185. Posted:

@Karakato Even if it was just simple Photoshop, it's still a brilliant idea! :O

Also, thank you! :) Shading isn't something I usually do, but I guess I can try something...

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

186. Posted:

Added some shading around the neck. Where else should I shade?

Untitled

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

187. Posted:

@Ark_sin Um...wherever the shading should naturally be. Establish where the light source is and place shadows and darker colors where appropriate. If you need help, grab a flashlight and find something similarly shaped and shine a light at it about where your light source should be.

...I haven't taken art class in 6 years, yet I somehow remember this...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

188. Posted:

@CanisWolfred This is why I never feel the need to do shading; it's too complicated in vector. In bitmap programs, you just brush over certain areas with darker colors; but since vector is shape based...you get the picture.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

189. Posted:

Ark_Sin wrote:

@CanisWolfred This is why I never feel the need to do shading; it's too complicated in vector. In bitmap programs, you just brush over certain areas with darker colors; but since vector is shape based...you get the picture.

What program are you using?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

190. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ark_Sin wrote:

What program are you using?

Illustrator CS6

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

191. Posted:

Ugh, this is why I don't use vector art. I went through a bunch of tutorials to see if I could find any tips on shading, and while I couldn't find any CS6-specific shading tutorials, see if this Illustrator CS5 shading Tutorial using Mesh objects works for ya (Gotta warn you, though...it's...complicated): http://www.adobepress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1638270

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

192. Posted:

@CanisWolfred Thanks for the link! :)

I use vector art because I'm the type of guy who like to go back and change things easily. I'm also really obsessed with the symmetry **cough**Death The Kid**cough** offered by vector art. With bitmap, it just doesn't look straight to me, and while things like shading are easier to do, I have to go through a long winded process if I want to change even the slightest thing. :$

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

193. Posted:

Been messing around a little bit (especially waist wise), and I made some improvements here and there:

Untitled

Minor details ;)

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

194. Posted:

Karakato wrote:

I made this comic for the lulz a month ago during the last Ninty Direct:
Untitled

That...was...brilliant!!!

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DoodleJohn

195. Posted:

...Um, hello there! I guess, um, here's a little of my stuff and all.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Yeah, I know, I don't draw digitally so it looks sort of blurry, but hey, whatever. I'd really appreciate it if you'd all check out my Tumblr at the very least, I don't always post art, but I try...

DoodleJohn

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

196. Posted:

First web comic I made :O

Untitled

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

Karakato

197. Posted:

@Nobodys_Angel I think your clean minimalistic character art really fits the pace for a webcomic series. Are you planning to do a weekly submission or is this just more of an experiment/pilot?

I recall you had some issues with shading through Illustrator so I found a tutorial that can help make shading quick and efficient. Shading Tutorial by Clay Butler. I don't really use that kind of technique since I color my vector line art through PS, but I think the video can be useful for you if you decide on shading your work.

@DoodleJohn Have you thought about scanning you work to your PC? That way, you wont have to worry about any blurry pictures.

@CanisWolfred Thanks, that got me in good spirits to finish up my line art. I still plan to color, shade and add backgrounds to my MM fan art but what do you guys think of my line art so far?
Untitled

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

DoodleJohn

198. Posted:

Believe me, @Karakato, I would if I could, but I rarely have access to a scanner. :( But hey, I try my best to get it as high as quality as possible with a silly 3DS, hehe. Also, that looks pretty cool. Is that an official Robot Master or is it fan-made?

DoodleJohn

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

199. Posted:

@Karakato Yes, this will be a weekly submission on Tumblr and DA.

I'll upload them to my Tumblr on a Friday and to my Deviant Art on a Sunday.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

Austroid

200. Posted:

I don't have a scanner like a bunch here as well, but here's some of my Miiverse posts that I'm particularly proud of:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Austroid

NL's biggest Jar Jar Binks fan! (probably)
If all types of Star Wars fans could get along, nerdom would be a funner place.
Does Duck Hunt really need a wiki?
Currently playing: (Wii U) Batman Arkham Origins (3DS) Smash Bros. 4

Nintendo Network ID: Austroid