General Discussion Forum

Topic: Nintendolife Artists

Showing 181 to 200 of 478

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

181. Posted:

I made a few adjustments, mainly to her dress by making it seem more like cloth:

Untitled

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Squid

182. Posted:

@Super-Mario-Fan - it's: (img)link-of-your-image-goes-here.jpg(/img)
In that example, just change the parentheses to these brackets: [ ] Hope that helps.

Anyways, I haven't drawn in a while, but I have been planning to do so since I'll have time over this summer. So, expect some posts from me soon? D:

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

183. Posted:

@Onikato Wait, so you made that MML3 cover? :O

What do you guys think of my art (above)?

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Karakato

184. Posted:

@Ark_Sin Well yes, I was getting into photoshop when I made those. I didn't actually draw the Servbot since I had no experience with digital illustrations mind you. As for your work, I like how you clean and mildly minimalistic your picture is but I think it would look better with some shading ala WW style. But overall it's still visually pleasing.

I made this comic for the lulz a month ago during the last Ninty Direct:
Untitled

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

185. Posted:

@Karakato Even if it was just simple Photoshop, it's still a brilliant idea! :O

Also, thank you! :) Shading isn't something I usually do, but I guess I can try something...

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

186. Posted:

Added some shading around the neck. Where else should I shade?

Untitled

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

187. Posted:

@Ark_sin Um...wherever the shading should naturally be. Establish where the light source is and place shadows and darker colors where appropriate. If you need help, grab a flashlight and find something similarly shaped and shine a light at it about where your light source should be.

...I haven't taken art class in 6 years, yet I somehow remember this...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

188. Posted:

@CanisWolfred This is why I never feel the need to do shading; it's too complicated in vector. In bitmap programs, you just brush over certain areas with darker colors; but since vector is shape based...you get the picture.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

189. Posted:

Ark_Sin wrote:

@CanisWolfred This is why I never feel the need to do shading; it's too complicated in vector. In bitmap programs, you just brush over certain areas with darker colors; but since vector is shape based...you get the picture.

What program are you using?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

190. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ark_Sin wrote:

What program are you using?

Illustrator CS6

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

191. Posted:

Ugh, this is why I don't use vector art. I went through a bunch of tutorials to see if I could find any tips on shading, and while I couldn't find any CS6-specific shading tutorials, see if this Illustrator CS5 shading Tutorial using Mesh objects works for ya (Gotta warn you, though...it's...complicated): http://www.adobepress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1638270

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

192. Posted:

@CanisWolfred Thanks for the link! :)

I use vector art because I'm the type of guy who like to go back and change things easily. I'm also really obsessed with the symmetry **cough**Death The Kid**cough** offered by vector art. With bitmap, it just doesn't look straight to me, and while things like shading are easier to do, I have to go through a long winded process if I want to change even the slightest thing. :$

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

193. Posted:

Been messing around a little bit (especially waist wise), and I made some improvements here and there:

Untitled

Minor details ;)

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

194. Posted:

Karakato wrote:

I made this comic for the lulz a month ago during the last Ninty Direct:
Untitled

That...was...brilliant!!!

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DoodleJohn

195. Posted:

...Um, hello there! I guess, um, here's a little of my stuff and all.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Yeah, I know, I don't draw digitally so it looks sort of blurry, but hey, whatever. I'd really appreciate it if you'd all check out my Tumblr at the very least, I don't always post art, but I try...

DoodleJohn

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

196. Posted:

First web comic I made :O

Untitled

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

Karakato

197. Posted:

@Nobodys_Angel I think your clean minimalistic character art really fits the pace for a webcomic series. Are you planning to do a weekly submission or is this just more of an experiment/pilot?

I recall you had some issues with shading through Illustrator so I found a tutorial that can help make shading quick and efficient. Shading Tutorial by Clay Butler. I don't really use that kind of technique since I color my vector line art through PS, but I think the video can be useful for you if you decide on shading your work.

@DoodleJohn Have you thought about scanning you work to your PC? That way, you wont have to worry about any blurry pictures.

@CanisWolfred Thanks, that got me in good spirits to finish up my line art. I still plan to color, shade and add backgrounds to my MM fan art but what do you guys think of my line art so far?
Untitled

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

DoodleJohn

198. Posted:

Believe me, @Karakato, I would if I could, but I rarely have access to a scanner. :( But hey, I try my best to get it as high as quality as possible with a silly 3DS, hehe. Also, that looks pretty cool. Is that an official Robot Master or is it fan-made?

DoodleJohn

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

199. Posted:

@Karakato Yes, this will be a weekly submission on Tumblr and DA.

I'll upload them to my Tumblr on a Friday and to my Deviant Art on a Sunday.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

LightSuitGuy

200. Posted:

I don't have a scanner like a bunch here as well, but here's some of my Miiverse posts that I'm particularly proud of:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by LightSuitGuy

NL's biggest Jar Jar Binks fan! (probably)
Does Duck Hunt really need a wiki?
Currently playing: (Wii U) Smash Bros. 4