Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 2,537

komicturtle

Ponies take over D:

Anyhow, another image I created through Colors!3D

Untitled

Tilte: Yay 4 Ores!

Description: "After exploring a deep deep cave, a myriad of ores hang above. Abundant diamonds and iron ores! Best be careful- there's a Creeper peering through a small whole wanting to break through that wall! Always good to bring some company in case, huh?"

*Based on the popular indie video game, Minecraft by Mojang.
Character art and design by Brandon Jaquez

Have a 3DS? Check this out in FULL 3D by downloading this picture from the colorslive.com website or download the app Colors!3D available only in the eShop.

***Image was touched up in Photoshop to fix some things that I had missed before. Art was completely created in Colors!3D with very minor touching in Photoshop as well as softening of color coverting to an appropriate image file format.

komicturtle

Wheels2050

@Squiggle: Do you use a graphics tablet or anything to draw your pics, or are they done entirely with a mouse? I really like the style.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

KarrotMan

Hey, I forgot this thread existed Tried to work with a soft shading technique on this one. Can't say I'm too satisfied but at least it's a progress based on what I posted here earlier.
Untitled

@Ark_Sin Glad to see you're work not limited to Ponies. I'm guessing you're inspiration came from the Zelda lore right?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

GuardianKing

@Karakato That's the main reason my character are all elves. :3 But that was soooooooooooooo long ago (we're talking 4-5 years ago).

Actually, Melody (above OC) is the priestess/heiress of the group, which is why she dresses in that older fashion. The actual story itself, along with the rest of the crew, is set in a near-future/fantasy world setting.

The blond hair really seems to make people think that though...

Edited on by GuardianKing

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

MrWalkieTalkie

2 of my characters, Polaris and Antares have just been made into fanart from one of my friends from school. I love it!
Polaris (drawn by me)
Untitled
Antares (drawn by me)
Untitled
Fanart (made by my friend)
Untitled
She did such an amazing job! She made it for me when I was feeling down and I nearly cried tears of joy, it made my day!

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Super-Mario-Fan

How do you display images on comments?
I forgot...

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

SheldonRandoms

@Super-Mario-Fan This should help
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

Here's A picture of Fred Krueger
Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

FriedSquid

@Super-Mario-Fan - it's: (img)link-of-your-image-goes-here.jpg(/img)
In that example, just change the parentheses to these brackets: [ ] Hope that helps.

Anyways, I haven't drawn in a while, but I have been planning to do so since I'll have time over this summer. So, expect some posts from me soon? D:

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

KarrotMan

@Ark_Sin Well yes, I was getting into photoshop when I made those. I didn't actually draw the Servbot since I had no experience with digital illustrations mind you. As for your work, I like how you clean and mildly minimalistic your picture is but I think it would look better with some shading ala WW style. But overall it's still visually pleasing.

I made this comic for the lulz a month ago during the last Ninty Direct:
Untitled

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

CanisWolfred

@Ark_sin Um...wherever the shading should naturally be. Establish where the light source is and place shadows and darker colors where appropriate. If you need help, grab a flashlight and find something similarly shaped and shine a light at it about where your light source should be.

...I haven't taken art class in 6 years, yet I somehow remember this...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Ark_Sin wrote:

@CanisWolfred This is why I never feel the need to do shading; it's too complicated in vector. In bitmap programs, you just brush over certain areas with darker colors; but since vector is shape based...you get the picture.

What program are you using?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic