Forums

Topic: Nintendo Salaries

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

warioswoods

I just came across a little article on the salaries of Iwata and Miyamoto, which I found interesting. It's not the whole story, I'm sure, but a good read nonetheless.

So How Much Does Iwata, Miyamoto Make?

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

V8_Ninja

Wow. Iwata gets paid $2,163 a day. That's pretty impressive to say the least.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

citizenerased

As for the other six Nintendo board members, they were not individually named (although developer Shigeru Miyamoto is one of them), however the group earns ¥100 million ($1.13 million USD) in total. For Miyamoto, that paycheck just doesn't seem to justify the revenue his designs have brought the company over the last two decades. However the famed developer has always insisted on staying level with the other producers, refusing a higher salary.

What a legend.

lulz @ the other companies, who earn less, getting a lot more. Ridiculous amounts, really.

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

warioswoods

V8+Ninja wrote:

Wow. Iwata gets paid $2,163 a day. That's pretty impressive to say the least.

They do note that his salary varies based on bonuses, so the "daily" amount could at times divide out to numbers closer to $6,000. That's actually still somewhat low compared to CEO's of comparable companies in the US, though.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

theblackdragon

wow, i'd'a thought they'd'a got paid a lot more than that. i wonder if they do it voluntarily, refusing pay raises so that they're sure the company's profits are going more to the company and the little people working there than themselves?

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Aviator

what happens in chat stays in chat, dude :/ -- TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.