Forums

Topic: Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has passed away.

Posts 241 to 260 of 261

Spoony_Tech

I already posted this on Miiverse already but might as well post it here as well.

I'm finally going to play through Majora's Mask. Had it day one in the N64 and day one in the Eshop and never finished either version. I always told myself if it ever comes out on the 3ds I'll finally get to it but Monster Hunter 4 came out at the same time so anybody that know me knows what I went with. Sad that it's taken a death in the Nintendo family for me to finally commit to this but I think it will put a smile on Iwata's face of I do this after so long being that I'm a huge Zelda fan and all!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DefHalan

Alright I think I have my list. I wanted to do things from before he became Executive Producer on everything, also I don't own older systems so if it isn't on VC then I can't play it. Fire Emblem Awakening is only on the list because I need to finish that.

Fire Emblem Awakening
Balloon Fight
Vegas Stakes
Kirby's Dream Course
Earthbound Beginnings
Earthbound
Kirby Super Star
Pokemon Snap

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

PaperMario64

TylerTheCreator wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

As bad as I feel about being disappointed about this year's E3, I don't think it's fair to call people out and make people feel guilty, when we had no idea what was going to happen to Iwata. I think I was justified for vocalizing my true opinion at the time, even if now it makes me sad that those were the last public opinions he saw.

I was saying this stuff even before he died; about how he is (was) a great leader for Nintendo. I think people should feel at least a little bad about the situation, because those people were really bogus.

Every person has the right to criticize and speak their opinions. Some stuff is uncalled for, but sometimes there are reasoning behind the words.

Nobody is going to feel bad for having an opinion, even though the man died.

Iwata is a strong individual and have taken so much heat over the years. Some criticism about one E3 presentation was not the final nail in the coffin for such a great man.

R.I.P.

PaperMario64

bezerker99

@Spoony_Tech: The same thing happened to me. I bought Majora's Mask 3D on the same release date as MH4U back in February and I haven't even touched it yet (MH4U definitely took over my life, lol).

Good luck playing through it. I'm not sure about the 3D remake but the original game can get a little confusing and difficult. Despite all that, it's still my favorite 3D Zelda game ever.

Spoony_Tech

@bezerker99: Thanks! I was just told on Miiverse that they fixed a lot of problems that the original had and it's much easier to play gameplay wise.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Socar

I wonder if Nintendo will credit Iwata for games like Fates, Star Fox Zero etc....

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Storytime7

@Spoony_Tech: It's the opposite for me. I played MM3D so much when it came out, but I haven't even started MH4U. My copy of the game is still sealed.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

kkslider5552000

Artwark wrote:

I wonder if Nintendo will credit Iwata for games like Fates, Star Fox Zero etc....

Highly likely for any game coming out this year (in America or otherwise).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Socar

Today I was crying at office with no one noticing.......then on my way back, I started crying and my mom tried comforting me but no matter what, I even cried during sleep. I have lost a friend who always made me happy......and I am sad that happiness can't be there for me again. I miss Iwata Asks that I always dreamed of being there atleast once......

Socar

@NintyMan: That's nothing. He had like around some 54 kirby t-shirts! I thought he was more of a Kirby fan!

Hendesu

While on the topic of Iwata, I made a topic about the future without Iwata. But apparently, no one gives a **** about it. (Sometimes I wonder if the Nintendo fanbase hates me.) Anyway, I'm replaying all Super Mario games to show some respect to Iwata. Starting off with Mario Bros for NES to Mario 3D World.

Edited on by Hendesu

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

CaviarMeths

Iwata also had significant input on the design and creation of Kirby, though not as much as his friend Sakurai of course. The early Kirby games, to my knowledge, were programmed by Iwata too.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Hendesu

arronishere wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

While on the topic of Iwata, I made a topic about the future without Iwata. But apparently, no one gives a **** about it. (Sometimes I wonder if the Nintendo fanbase hates me.) Anyway, I'm replaying all Super Mario games to show some respect to Iwata. Starting off with Mario Bros for NES to Mario 3D World.

#

You mean the essay length fanfiction about Mario drinking milk? Yeah I'm wondering why no one is intrested too...

Fanfiction? Of course not. I simply explained that the video (sorta) shows Nintendo status without Iwata. But I get understand why people think it's plain fanfiction. They don't understand the true meaning of the video. They're distracted by the art style.

Edited on by Hendesu

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

UGXwolf

@NightmareEater: I read about two-thirds of that post before completely losing interest. The main problem is that you don't seem to understand Miyamoto's role in the company. He's not likely going to be CEO. He's onlu co-acting CEO with Takeda until someone is selected to take the position and accepts. Given Miyamoto's apparent attitude, he most likely won't step up, unless he was requested by Iwata before he died to take the helm. On top of that, Miyamoto has been overseeing projects. Not selecting them. We don't know exactly how the selection process works, but it seems likely that Miyamoto didn't choose to stick with Mario considering the most recent cases of Miyamoto doing something cause he wanted to involved Star Fox, Pikmin, and small downloadable software titles as well as short experimental-lived projects. It is extremely unlikely that Miyamoto would act in the way you described in your post.

It's a simple fact that from where we're standing, your viewpoint appears to be unreasonable. As in you can't be reasoned with because you have such base misconceptions about how the whole deal works that any point we try to raise will be refuted with something equally misguided. In other words, you fall under my new favorite phrase of being fractally wrong. I won't rely on that to prove my point, though. Especially not here. Iwata wouldn't want his fans fighting over something so petty. Just rest assured that your prediction will not come to pass.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DefHalan

I find it difficult to come up with words to express how this feels. It is sad that we lost a great man. I never met him and have no connect to him other than the products he helped create. He was about the same age as my Father and that is kinda scary, my Father has a tiny Brain tumor that he is taking medicine for and he should be fine, he also had his gallbladder removed a few years ago. So I have been trying to think of words to say that both honor Iwata and express my feelings but I can't think of any. I didn't know what to say, but I wanted to say something, so I wrote a post about how I didn't know what to say... sometimes my brain just needs to do things.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Nicolai

@UGXwolf: Not that I disagree with you, but a few things you said belittle your own argument. Word of advice:

1) Never begin your rebuttal by admitting that you weren't entirely listening.
2) Never end your argument by saying that you shouldn't even be arguing about it in the first place, especially after such a personal attack. If that is the case, then you had every opportunity to hit the backspace key on all preceding paragraphs.

Other than that and those frequent personal attacks, you bring up some good points. Miyamoto is very particular about what he works on. I can't imagine him locking himself into all of that responsibility. He seems to know exactly what he wants.

I'm just your friendly neighbourhood Doduo. Stay safe!

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

UGXwolf

@Nicolai: The reason you're seeing those problems is because I don't consider those personal attacks, nor do I consider what I posted a full argument. More of a short rebuttal. As for admitting I lost interest, I prefer people know where I stand than assuming I read the whole thing and know everything about everything. I just have a tendency to rant, though. I'd consider it a bad thing, in most circumstances, but I imagine people can see through the less tactful portions of my conversations and see the points I'm making.

EDIT: Prime example. That first part doesn't make sense, does it? I have to qualify it. If I saw those as personal attacks, I'd remove them. If I considered that a full argument, I might ask to go to a less sensitive thread. My problem is that I don't see this stuff. It isn't that you DO see it.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

GrailUK

In honour of Mr Iwata, I am going to be playing Wii U Fit and Brain Training every day for the next six weeks. I will be a fitter, sharper gamer after the end of it

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.