Forums

Topic: Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has passed away.

Posts 221 to 240 of 261

Haruki_NLI

I haven't played a single game since I heard the news. Haven't even set my consoles in my new house yet. Just...don't want to. Don't know why. Havent worked on making my game either.

Blink and they are gone. Many of us know that feeling all too frequently...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

BigBabyPeach

Has this been posted already? This is a beautiful tribute by Hirokazu Tanaka:

Edited on by BigBabyPeach

BigBabyPeach

Aozz101x

this one made me wanted to cry (i really liked IGN's)

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

PaperMario64

I first heard the news today. He was so young, so it was quite a shock.
Even though we might not always agree with him, it's a terrible loss for Nintendo and fans.

R.I.P.

PaperMario64

Taceus

Absolutely gutted.
The outpour of tributes, worded and drawn, has been uplifting whilst simultaneously crushing.
So I decided to play Ballon Fight, and within seconds I was smiling and cursing playfully, like I do with any game that I'm having fun with. Thank you so very much, Iwata-san. RIP.

'I used to be with 'it', then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' is weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.' - Abe Simpson

Switch Friend Code: SW-8282-1096-1431 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7678-9918 | My Nintendo: Taceus | Nintendo Network ID: Taceus

DefHalan

Not sure if anyone posted Strictly Nintendo's video so here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GSZKBrkFYo

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Nicolai

TylerTheCreator wrote:

@TeeJay: You should be. Because the Wii U isn't the greatest in some people's eyes, he's just has been getting all trash talk from so-called fans. "Fans" who probably weren't educated enough to know about all the great things he's done for Nintendo for years and years, even before he became president. But people like to look for someone to blame. He's not the only person making decisions at Nintendo - he has plenty of people to help him do that. But people are always eager to bring out the pitchforks. I feel so bad for him because he didn't deserve any of the crap he got.

As bad as I feel about being disappointed about this year's E3, I don't think it's fair to call people out and make people feel guilty, when we had no idea what was going to happen to Iwata. I think I was justified for vocalizing my true opinion at the time, even if now it makes me sad that those were the last public opinions he saw.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

DefHalan

Has anyone made a list of games that Iwata had a big hand in? I wouldn't mind playing some of them. I am planning on playing Earthbound Beginnings and Earthbound, but what else?

(I know he had a hand in many games, but I am more looking towards his biggest accomplishments)

TylerTheCreator

Nicolai wrote:

As bad as I feel about being disappointed about this year's E3, I don't think it's fair to call people out and make people feel guilty, when we had no idea what was going to happen to Iwata. I think I was justified for vocalizing my true opinion at the time, even if now it makes me sad that those were the last public opinions he saw.

I was saying this stuff even before he died; about how he is (was) a great leader for Nintendo. I think people should feel at least a little bad about the situation, because those people were really bogus.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

TylerTheCreator

DefHalan wrote:

Has anyone made a list of games that Iwata had a big hand in? I wouldn't mind playing some of them. I am planning on playing Earthbound Beginnings and Earthbound, but what else?

(I know he had a hand in many games, but I am more looking towards his biggest accomplishments)

Read this article - a great read, and it's what you're looking for.
http://mashable.com/2015/07/13/games-iwata-memorial/

Edited on by TylerTheCreator

TylerTheCreator

Spoony_Tech

I've been critical of Nintendo in the past but never directed anything towards Iwata. But we all said what we said because we were in the moment and believed what we said to be how we felt. None of us should feel bad about what we said just because someone dies but that can change the way we feel and act for the betterment of the future. I don't feel bad for one thing I said but I will be more careful what I say going forward.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

-Green-

TylerTheCreator wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

I was saying this stuff even before he died; about how he is (was) a great leader for Nintendo. I think people should feel at least a little bad about the situation, because those people were really bogus.

I think the main issue was that people were specifically blaming Iwata for everything even things he was entirely at fault for, and even now people kind of still do. Like E3 wasn't his entire fault but he was still blamed for it.

Honestly though, I doubt we should feel bad for criticizing Nintendo. As most of us did it with the intention of pointing out their mistakes and in hope of their improvement. Considering Iwata loved Nintendo, I think it's best to continue looking out for Nintendo's well being even if it means criticizing it.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

jump

TylerTheCreator wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Could put a link up please?

Off the top my head Earthbound (not Beginnings I think), Pokemon Staduim, Super Smash Bros Melee and Pokemon GS are the ones he had a huge helping hand in aswell Balloon Fight and the earlier Kirby games.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DefHalan

TylerTheCreator wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I think you forgot to post the link

DefHalan

arronishere wrote:

TylerTheCreator wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Could put a link up pleasure?

Off the top my head Earthbound (not Beginnings I think), Pokemon Staduim, Super Smash Bros Melee and Pokemon GS are the ones he had a huge helping hand in aswell Balloon Fight and the earlier Kirby games.

I am also doing Beginnings because it was kinda a final gift to the US in a way.

TylerTheCreator

@DefHalan: Fixed. I thought I copied and pasted it but I guess not.

TylerTheCreator

bezerker99

DefHalan wrote:

arronishere wrote:

TylerTheCreator wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Could put a link up pleasure?

I am also doing Beginnings because it was kinda a final gift to the US in a way.

I downloaded EarthBound Beginnings last night in honor of Mr. Iwata.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.