Forums

Topic: Nintendo Of America President Says Nintendo Can Never Seem To Satisfy Fans

Posts 141 to 158 of 158

kyuubikid213

You know what? Reggie's right. A lot of Nintendo fans get all upset when Nintendo does ANYTHING.
And, if you read his interview, he has a point.
You complain about motion controls. The Wii U has a more traditional controller and you still complain.
You complain about 3DS not launching with Mario. The Wii U is scheduled to launch with Mario and you still complain.
You complain about the Wii's "terrible" online. The Wii U is made to have better online.
I mean really. Wouldn't you be a little upset if your "loyal fanbase" never shut the hell up and stopped whining?
As for me. I'm satisfied. I love the remakes, the motion controls, the Mario launch, the new controller, the new system...everything.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

moomoo

DeadAntelopesGo wrote:

4 very in depth time consuming games. Xenoblade alone could last months. 4 very good high scoring games. thats enough for me. I don't need a new game every week. especially when development is focused on wii u. reggie was right about people complaining for more. as if that list wasn't enough. and while many more games are coming to 360 still, i have no desire to get any of them. i mean, i'm still occupied with battlefield 3 on that.

I suppose most gamers would be content. The thing is that the people that Reggie is talking about (I'd assume) are people like me who blaze through games really quickly, and thus, buy many games. When the DS had a period in time when a top-notch game was coming out every two or three weeks, it makes sense that a number of outspoken fans would be upset with what's coming out for it.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

DeadAntelopesGo

moomoo wrote:

DeadAntelopesGo wrote:

4 very in depth time consuming games. Xenoblade alone could last months. 4 very good high scoring games. thats enough for me. I don't need a new game every week. especially when development is focused on wii u. reggie was right about people complaining for more. as if that list wasn't enough. and while many more games are coming to 360 still, i have no desire to get any of them. i mean, i'm still occupied with battlefield 3 on that.

[/div]

I suppose most gamers would be content. The thing is that the people that Reggie is talking about (I'd assume) are people like me who blaze through games really quickly, and thus, buy many games. When the DS had a period in time when a top-notch game was coming out every two or three weeks, it makes sense that a number of outspoken fans would be upset with what's coming out for it.

I see where you are coming from. I beat skyward sword in roughly 3-4 days. Games can't be procured from thin air, especially console. So most developers are putting their rescources towards the U so a wii drought is obvious. I mean, there are enough good to great games that have been missed along the way by gamers(like you, me, and many others) and this a good chance for us to find those hidden gems. I'd rather wait til the Wii U and have some stellar games than force devs to push out some content on the wii.

Currently Playing: Splatoon, Need for Speed Rivals

Nintendo Network ID: Deadantelopesgo

Drawdler

@AlexSays and when Nintendo DO move foward, you aren't praising them at all. Ever heard of Skyward Sword? That was Zelda's 25th anniversary gift.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

TysonOfTime

@moomoo
I see where you argue, but remember, all 4 of those games come from Nintendo. Nintendo itself can't cater to everybody's whim. Why is it a complaint with Nintendo when the 3rd Parties aren't making games equally as good? Sure, you could say because the console is less powerful and harder for 3rd Parties to develop for it.
If you add in the factor of the nonexistent 3rd Party support currently, I'd say that Nintendo itself is doing a pretty good job trying at the least. When people complain that one company isn't putting out as much as 1 company plus many 3rd Parties, it feels a bit unjust.
Of course, gamers have the right to complain about the lack of games, but not specifically Nintendo's. Quality or not, the games Sony_70 listed ring as being more games than most other 1st Parties release, and people attacking them due to a lack of is unjust.

Also, I believe that Reggie's comment was talking about Nintendo Games as a whole, rather than just Wii games, making the argument more unjust.
I'm glad that the potential of the 3DS and WiiU can lead to great amounts of 3rd Party support, as it would lessen complaints, and overall be more fun.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

DeadAntelopesGo

@WaveBoy

Haha I was on a vacation so I had the time. it was about 8 hours, 4 days in a row. on a normal schedule I couldn't do that. But yeah, I'm quite content with just a game here and there. I don't need many games to be content. For example, I just got Pokemon Conquest and that will keep me busy for quite a while.

Edited on by DeadAntelopesGo

Currently Playing: Splatoon, Need for Speed Rivals

Nintendo Network ID: Deadantelopesgo

Kiyata

Here's my two cents' worth, and MR NINTENDO PRESIDENT, I HOPE YOU READ THIS!!!
I am furious that I was told that when I bought my 3DS in August 2011, that PAPER MARIO and ANIMAL CROSSING would be available to BUY that following Christmas season. Well now it's been nearly a year, and WHERE ARE THOSE GAMES?!?! Still not even a release date? REALLY?! You can't really expect fans to wait forever can you?? WE ARE NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER HERE!!!
That being said, at least you heard the biggest complaint of all that I had and actually DID something about it: Finally making and releasing a 3DS XL. And even better that you are doing it SOON and not half a decade from now. THANK YOU!
But seriously... what's the deal with the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong delay on Animal Crossing?! I am most definitely one of several thousands that's getting very frustrated waiting on this. At least you threw us a small bone on Paper Mario.
Anyone here agree with me? Is this ridiculous or what?!
And finally, I think the virtual console on 3ds needs to offer SUPER NINTENDO (SNES) games, specifically SECRET OF MANA and EARTHBOUND! The fans want them, the fans will BUY them, so get them out to us! STAT!
Thank you and good day.
(climbing down off my soap box now)

Profanity is the product of an unsophisticated mind.

Drawdler

Animal Crossing has a... Whopping 3 trailers and... an extremely fast mid-2013 release date!

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AlexSays

A thread questioning my morals and intentions.. what is this 2008? lol. Everything anyone has said has been said long before, I'm afraid.

moomoo wrote:

His humility isn't in question. He isn't making himself be above the game library of the Wii by saying it's crap. He's saying it's crap because it IS crap.

It's always nice to meet someone on the same wavelength, as rare as that may be.. lol

Nibelilt wrote:

@AlexSays and when Nintendo DO move foward, you aren't praising them at all. Ever heard of Skyward Sword? That was Zelda's 25th anniversary gift.

Was it really? I did not know that so thank you for filling me in on that. I'm actually not a huge fan of Zelda but that release was one of the things they've done right this generation. It was one of the few games, in addition to the Mario Galaxy games, that actually moved its respective series forward so I will give credit for that.

It may be hard to believe, but the Wii was actually my only console for the longest time. So there is praise to be had, often times I find myself in a situation on this site minimizing the praise because of its abundance. It's not often where I'm in a position on this site to defend Nintendo, because the only criticism I see is usually coming from myself.

I don't feel the need to strike a balance though to satisfy those people that believe everyone on here should be 100% pro-Nintendo. Commenting on a company is all the same, there is no calling this a valuable expenditure of time just because you are showering the company with praise.

Now with all that said, I feel comfortable with what we have accomplished in this thread. There were times of anguish, romance, and shocking confessions:

TysonQ7 wrote:

we have our minds clouded and are brainwashed into thinking that everything they put out is godly

But now that all of that is behind us I think we should all be fairly content. Now we can move on to greater topics, such as how nice my new Ipad's retina display is. I give it a perfect 10/10.

AlexSays

AlexSays

Morphtroid wrote:

Really? I haven't been able to see it myself.. Where's the iPad thread on this forum?

I'm not sure but since so many people are bent on bringing out my delightfully positive nature, you'd think someone would have made one already.

AlexSays

ReleaseTheBears

Nintendo can't satisfy "fans" because the loudest fans are hardcores/hobbyists, addicts, or game journalists. These are people who don't necessarily play games as a fun distraction as much as play games as a lifestyle. Play enough games, everything will blend together and you'll be good enough that you tear through most games quickly. That need for novelty and quantity is an abyss that just can't be filled by just one game company, no matter how big.

As an example, look at the 3DS reveal. We got a list of a TON of games, most were excited for what the future held, and then 3DS slowed to a crawl and was complained about because developing and localizing games takes time. It IS impossible to keep this particular segment pleased, and it shouldn't even be a main focus.

Edited on by ReleaseTheBears

ReleaseTheBears

TysonOfTime

@AlexSays
If my comment was shocking I think you may be unaware your are posting on a Nintendo thread in a forum belonging to a site called Nintendo Life.

This may not be the place for reason.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Kiyata

Nibelilt wrote:

Animal Crossing has a... Whopping 3 trailers and... an extremely fast mid-2013 release date!

It's mid 2013 now?! Where did you hear that??
I'm about to give up on that game, seriously. It probably sucks anyway. They really have not been getting much better with each release of it.

Profanity is the product of an unsophisticated mind.

Radixxs

When you COMPLETELY IGNORE a game widely anticipated for the 3DS during not only one MAJOR gaming event, but also during the next Nintendo Direct when EVERY OTHER REGION at least mentioned the game, you aren't going to satisfy many people. If you are that dense, I don't see how you can even attempt to satisfy anyone.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

Hokori

WaveBoy wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Pro tip. Before you make a sweeping generalisation about gamers, don't do what you despise yourself.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

But is he not a Gamer himself, therefore providing first-hand proof for his own arguement?

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Yes he is and was, but constantly, WB posts about how he is much higher than the 'babies'. Was merely pointing out he is none the wiser.

[/div]

[/div]

Never 'anything' good to say since 1999. lol
Actually i am wiser than you in the sense that i post on a nintendo based site because i like nintendo...Rather than plunking down 'downer' comments geared towards everything and anything that they do. Time well spent!

Agreed wave boy I hate people who join a Nintendo fan site so they can say only negative stuff

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

theblackdragon

Personally, I love people who join a Nintendo fan-site just so they can talk about each other as opposed to the issues at hand or the games we're all playing. This is why we can't have nice, threads, guys :/

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.