General Discussion Forum

Topic: Nintendo Life Space 2010

Showing 1 to 20 of 177

AuthorMessage

Swiket

1. Posted:

Alright Nintendo Life, I've decided to organize a trip. We'll be seeking the legendary planet Magrathea, which should be somewhere in the Andromeda galaxy.

Everyone can come, but we'll need some good organization. Also, we're being sponsored by Bill's Hardware in Waltham, Massachusetts, so we don't want to let them down.

The Meeting Place

We'll be meeting in London, Great Britain, it's in the center of the world, so nobody has to travel too far to get there. For all of you who are geography illiterate, here is where Britain is:

Untitled

We'll be meeting next Tuesday, but be there Monday if you wanna help with the construction of the ship. Here's the event calendar for the project, please take note of it:

Untitled

What You Should Bring

On the blast-off you're need to sustain your own weight (this is so we can bring as many people as we want), so IF YOU DO NOT BRING A WATER GUN, YOU ARE NOT GETTING ON THE SPACE SHIP. Any water gun is fine as long as you can help propel the ship upwards, but super-soakers are really good. So here's the materials list:

1. Water gun (super-soaker, if you can)

Untitled

2. Air in resealable bags. I recommend at least 4 bags per person.

Untitled
The ones from croutons work really well.

3. Walkie talkie

Untitled

4. Good space traveling music.

Untitled

5. A book to read. You can also bring internet, but if you do, you have to share it with everybody. Comics are fine too.

Untitled

6. Fish-bowl. MAKE SURE YOUR HEAD CAN FIT IN IT, WE'VE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THIS IN THE PAST.

Untitled

7. Gum, because your ears are gonna feel weird at first, but its okay if you chew gum.

Untitled

General Procedure

We're gonna get lift-off by all shooting our water guns downwards at the same time. If my calculations are correct, this should propel us upwards and into space.

Untitled

They are hard to understand if you don't know calculus, so don't worry about it.
IF YOU SHOOT UPWARDS OR ANY OTHER DIRECTION BUT DOWNWARDS YOU WILL MESS UP THE EQUATION, AND YOU WILL BE KICKED OFF THE SHIP.

After that its pretty self-explanatory. Try to hold your breath or only use 2 of your oxygen bags until we reach the next planet with oxygen. If you catch enough air in your fishbowl before lift-off, you should be fine.

FAQ

Q: How do I pump my water-gun with there is no air?
A: You have to do it with space if you run out of air. Space isn't as thick as air so you have to pump it more, but that's okay because we'll probably only be using it to change directions up there.

Q: What If I run out of air?
A: We'll send you off in the general direction of Earth. Space has no friction, so you'll just keep going until you reach London again, and then you can have all the air you want. Try to bring enough air though, because we want this expedition to be successful.

Q: What kind of treasure are we looking for?
A: Space treasure.

Q:Can I bring my pets or family?
A: Yes, but they have to bring water guns too to sustain their weight during lift-off. If you insist on bringing your morbidly obese Aunt Bertha, bring two more super-soakers.

Q: What will we be doing during the actual travel?
A: I will bring my Wii and will can play Brawl. Except no Pit or Ike. If you wanna play Pit or Ike, go on some other space expedition.

Okay, that's all. See you next Tuesday!

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

KanrakusPizza

2. Posted:

You may want to bring a wrench, too. You never know when those Spys will strike next.

wont be on here anymore

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

3. Posted:

i have to find a fishbowl that'll fit over my tin-foil hat D:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

irken004

4. Posted:

I'm... from outer space...

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

SonicMaster

5. Posted:

LMAO!!! :D

I have trouble finishing games.
Current victims of shelving: Ni no Kuni, Dragon Quest VIII, Ratchet Deadlocked

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

6. Posted:

Cheers, mate. That's the funniest thing i've seen in a while! XD

Favorite part:
Q: What kind of treasure are we looking for?
A: Space treasure.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 25 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 13 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Supermegaman

7. Posted:

Ready to set off cap'n Swiket!
/me will bring his teddy bear too :)

Now Playing
16-bit Loggery

AuthorMessage

Bankai

8. Posted:

What. The. Bleep.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

9. Posted:

whew, found a big enough fish-bowl.

also, i have a question. i don't want to bring my morbidly obese Aunt Bertha, but what if i want to bring lz's super-morbidly obese mother along? she'll amuse us all by making lz hold her tampon-filled purse, but she's worth like two Aunt Berthas at least... so should we bring four extra super-soakers for her, or six just to be sure we'll lift off okay?

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

10. Posted:

@lz:... so you're saying we should bring eight extra super-soakers to accommodate your mother, her purse, and the tampons she'll be having you hold? >:3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

Percentful

11. Posted:

What happens if one of us have to go to the bathroom? Do we bring a sponge, or a mop?
Or, do we just bring Iz?

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

AuthorMessage

irken004

12. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

@lz:... so you're saying we should bring eight extra super-soakers to accommodate your mother, her purse, and the tampons she'll be having you hold? >:3

Might as well go with nerf machine guns

pew pew pew

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

13. Posted:

110percentful wrote:

What happens if one of us have to go to the bathroom? Do we bring a sponge, or a mop?
Or, do we just bring Iz?

Lz don't make nothing cleaner!

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Percentful

14. Posted:

You don't have to clean. You just need to wear something absorbent.

Just let it happen.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

15. Posted:

@percent: we'll all have to make sure we go before we leave Earth... there's no bathrooms in space D:

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

16. Posted:

Regretfully, I cannot accompany you on this journey as I have... important matters to attend to here (Really?! That's how they're writing me off?!). In my stead, I am sending my assistant. He comes equipped with a hydro cannon and should be of great use to you. I have enclosed a photo of him in this message.

Good Luck And Godspeed
TwilightV (I am SO firing my agent for this...)

Untitled

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

Percentful

17. Posted:

Are you SUUUUUURE? :O :O :O

Just let it happen.

AuthorMessage

malpon

18. Posted:

If nobody can hear you scream in space wouldent that mean nobody can hear you piss?

This lesbian bar doesent have a fire exit!

AuthorMessage

irken004

19. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

@percent: we'll all have to make sure we go before we leave Earth... there's no bathrooms in space D:

On the contrary, space is ur bathroom!

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Percentful

20. Posted:

malnin wrote:

If nobody can hear you scream in space wouldent that mean nobody can hear you piss?

You forgot about the walkie talkies.
And generally, people don't listen to eachother use the restroom. :P

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.