Forums

Topic: Nintendo Lawsuit Filed

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

fhutterli

Nintendo Of America Inc. Lawsuit Filed
Discrimination is the prejudicial treatment of an individual based on their membership in a certain group or category. It involves the actual behaviors towards groups such as excluding or restricting members of one group from opportunities that are available to another group. It involves excluding or restricting members of one group from opportunities that are available to other groups.
Nintendo has created a "program" that practices discrimination against many loyal fans. Games that are available for download to a certain group of people are not available to another group. I was told by Richard Medway that one group of people paid 249 USD for the handheld system instead of 169 USD. This led to the people that paid 249 USD to be enrolled into the "Ambassador Program" which allows for download of games not available to those that paid 169 USD. I offered to write Nintendo Of America Inc. a check for the difference that I may be allowed to join the program. I was told no. I offered to pay for the games individually. Again, I was told no. I was told that the program was started with the best intentions as a way of rewarding loyal fans. So I am not a loyal fan? I asked. I informed Mr. Medway that I, as well as many others, am being prejudged. Though this program is rewarding many fans it is also penalizing far more. The damage far out ways the benefits. Mr. Medway went on to justify his support of the Ambassador program by analogizing what Nintendo is doing to a promotional offer. A giveaway of T-shirts or mugs while supplies last sort of event. These games are available to download now, THERE IS NO LIMITED SUPPLY.
I told Mr. Medway that this is not the Nintendo of America that I grew up with, and I have been playing nintendo games from day one. I have owned every handheld system and console that Nintendo has sold. I have purchased countless games and now I am being told that I am not loyal enough to be able to download games that others are. I was outraged. Mr. Medway told me that he would see what he could do and get back to me and that if I filed suit it would put the situation into a different ballpark so to speak. To this day I have not heard from him.
I have asked again and again who set this policy? I would like to hear what Mr. Satoru Iwata thinks of this program. I urge any and all who read this to file suit as I have. Think of the implications. If you do not purchase the Wii U on day one you will be denied (fill in the blank). I realize this is a big leap but at its very basic level it is an accurate analogy. You were not loyal enough or smart enough, dare I say white enough to be categorized an Ambassador, or whatever name Nintendo would like to apply to its program, therefore you will be punished. This is an ugly new face of discrimination that I hope is terminated before it spreads.
Update: I filed a small claims suit 2-17-2012 asking for enrollment in the Ambassador program and 10,000 USD. If I am awarded any part I will set up a bank account and write checks to court houses for filing fees to anyone who also files suit. Shame on Nintendo for doing this.

fhutterli

zezhyrule

If you want the games that badly you can simply buy the original carts, or even an ambassador 3DS online somewhere... But thanks for the laughs!

Nintendo was simply making up for the price drop to the people who bought the console before. If you missed out then too bad.

I mean really, if you were such a 'loyal fan' you probably would've bought a 3DS in the months it was out before the price drop...

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Knux

This is Hall of Fame material here.

Knux

Noire

fhutterli wrote:

dare I say white enough

wat

just... wat.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

cheetahman91

This has got to be some kind of joke.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.