Forums

Topic: NF Magazine

Posts 481 to 500 of 518

PuzzleMaster7

Who's ready for issue #7?

Untitled

NF wrote:

Finally, the announcement all of our current subscribers have been waiting for – the plan for subscription renewals for Year 2. Well, here you go:

We’re heading to Kickstarter!

Some of you just got a puzzled look on your face. I’ll explain.

Producing a print magazine is a risky venture. It’s one of the reasons Nintendo Power shut down – creating physical magazines, printing them in bulk and mailing them out to thousands of people around the planet is a massive undertaking each and every time you do it.

But when our first issue went on sale a year ago, the outpouring of support was so enormous that we knew it would be safe to open up full-year subscriptions. So we did, and thousands of you joined the Force by buying print subscriptions, digital subscriptions or a combination of both. We made enough money that we were able to cover the production costs for a full year of issues – the costs to print all of the issues and package and mail them around the world.

Now we’re heading to Kickstarter because we want to do it again. This campaign will cover NF Magazine’s Year 2 Subscriptions. We’re seeking to raise the amount of money we need to print, package and mail another full years’ worth of magazine issues.

If you’ve already been a subscriber with us, the Kickstarter campaign page will be the place where you’ll renew your subscription for another year. We decided to offer renewals in this way for organizational purposes – all of our existing subscribers are getting Issue #7 as their last issue. That Shovel Knight issue is the finale for Year 1 of NF Magazine, and it’s actually being released next week – on the same day we’re starting this Kickstarter campaign. If you’ve enjoyed what we’ve done so far, then sign up for another year, won’t you? Your continued support will mean that we can keep going for another year, and you’ll get to continue seeing new NF Magazine issues delivered to your mailbox or your email inbox for another year.

And if you haven’t yet become a subscriber, or if you’re just now hearing about our magazine for the first time, this campaign will be the perfect time to jump on board! We’ll have a variety of different pledge tiers available – some of them will allow you to get caught up on the issues you’ve missed while also getting your name on the list to receive our future issues for NF’s Year 2.

And if you support the Kickstarter campaign, you won’t have to wait to see the benefits of your pledge – the first issue of our Year 2 cycle will be released in March, immediately following the conclusion of the fundraiser.

Finally, another major benefit of going to Kickstarter is that we may be able to go above and beyond our bottom-line fundraising goal. And if that happens, we’ll be able to enhance our new issues with extra features! We’d love to be able to include a poster in each new issue, for example, and if we can raise enough to hit those stretch goals, then we can! And you’ll have a say in what happens with NF in the future, too. If you become a backer, you’ll have a voice in determining what other stretch goals we’ll set and how you want the magazine to expand going forward.

It all starts next week, so stay tuned! All current subscribers will be notified when the campaign launches, as Issue #7 will be released the same day. You won’t miss any issues, so long as you take action before we get all the way to Issue #8′s release in March!

If you’ve got questions, drop them in the Get in Touch box below. I’ll round them up and answer them all together. I hope you’re as excited as I am!

New podcast. New issue cover revealed. New Kickstarter campaign unveiled. It’s been a busy day for the Nintendo Force.

Edited on by PuzzleMaster7

There is no puzzle without a solution!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7

shingi_70

So when's the kick starter so I can sub.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

PuzzleMaster7

@shingi_70 The Kickstarter will start sometime next week, the same day issue #7 is released. Plus, I'll be sure to update the thread once it goes up.

LzWinky

shingi_70 wrote:

So when's the kick starter so I can sub.

I think they said it will start next week

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TysonOfTime

The Kickstarter is UP everyone! Go go, subscribe!

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

shingi_70

Saw it on GAF. Going to put in for the print sub later this week.

The latest issue is out today as well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

ThePirateCaptain

Sweet deal, I'm definitely backing for the second year print subscription.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

PuzzleMaster7

I know I'm a little late on this, but, as mentioned above, the kickstarter is indeed up!
As of now, it has already surpassed $22,100 in pledges so far! Plus, if you want to download issue #7 for $0.99, now's your chance!

ThePirateCaptain

Has anyone gotten Issue #7 yet? I thought they shipped out a while ago, but maybe I was mistaken.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

PuzzleMaster7

In case you still haven't subscribed, the early bird print subscription has returned, which means you can have all Year 2 issues arrive in your mailbox for $25 or for $4.17 an issue (NA). Finally, congrats to Lucas on his second baby boy, Calvin Martin Thomas! (Check out the pictures here.)

PuzzleMaster7

Update #6: You can now apply add-ons to your pledge! For $7 (US), or $14 for international backers, you can now add first-class shipping to your pledge. However, if you live in Canada, you'll be receiving it for free! Finally, if you weren't subscribed during Year 1, you can add issue #7 to your existing pledge for $7 (US), $8 (Canada), and $9 (international).

STEP 1: Click the "Manage Your Pledge" button up near the top of the campaign page.
STEP 2: Increase your pledge amount by the number equivalent to the add-on(s) you want. Don't change your pledge tier! Add-ons aren't new tiers you're picking, they're just tagged on to the tier you already picked.

PuzzleMaster7

New Update: Only 10 days remain! Be sure to also check the Kickstarter page for new tier pledges, including subscriptions that include either Tadpole Treble, Treasurenauts, and Shovel Knight. Finally, if you ask why print magazines still exist, then just watch this:

PuzzleMaster7

Update #12: Now, if you refer friends to subscribe to the magazine during it's final week on Kickstarter, you are eligible for receiving a free game. For more details, please visit this page here.

Now, for the moment you all have been waiting for: Issue #8's cover art!

Untitled

e-love

I still need to renew my subscription how do I do this

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Late

@Emaan: You can do it by going to their kickstarter page, choosing your tier and paying through Amazon or you can go to their website, go to their store page and pay through PayPal. I have troubles paying through Amazon so I waited for PayPal option. I'm kinda sad I couldn't take part in the kickstarter.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

e-love

So you can still subscribe aside from the Kickstarter? For some reason it seemed like that were the only option. I'll go to their website, thanks!

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

PuzzleMaster7

The KickStarter is finally over with a grand total of $68,491 being raised out of a $49,000 goal! That also means everyone who subscribed will receive a free copy of issue #1!

Untitled

OptometristLime

Well then, I'm proud to have supported their effort.

A magazine hasn't been this focused on my interests since, well, the heyday of classic electronic games I 'spose.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

90sRetroGaming

First off, I'm super happy that we were able to go another year here with the Nintendo Force! I happily supported the Year-2 Kickstarter with a $40 pledge for the Print + Digital subscription w/free Tadpole Treble for PC! I couldn't be happier helping to keep the force alive! lol.

Anyway, I just received my print copy of Issue #8 in the mail on Saturday! Mario Kart 8 edition... Man oh man is this thing beautiful! haha. It does come with a bonus poster included behind the magazine for those wondering! Anyone else still waiting on their digital PDF copy to be delivered via email? Nothing on my end yet!

3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996
NNID: OldSchoolGaming
PSN: C90sRetroGaming
Youtube: http://www.youtube.c...hoolGaming4Life
GameFaq's: 90sRetroGaming
Feel free to add me! PM or comment on my page to add!

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7268-6996 | Nintendo Network ID: OldSchoolGaming

PuzzleMaster7

The newest cover art for issue #9 was revealed earlier today, and you won't believe how I hyped I am!
(This game is the primary reason why I own a 3DS to this day.)

Untitled

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.