General Discussion Forum

Topic: NF Magazine

Showing 481 to 500 of 520

AuthorMessage

ueI

481. Posted:

I'll give it a try, though I'm not looking to get my message published in the magazine.

Droggeljug

AuthorMessage

MasterChordles

482. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

MasterChordles wrote:

I cannot believe the score they gave Rayman Legends -_-

I for one am happy there are at least some reviews that are bothered by the series's flaws.

That's true. But I was expecting at least an 8.5. Oh well, their opinion and I have to respect that.

What the what?
"The pain goes away, but your work always remains." - Masahiro Sakurai
Miiverse page: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/GigaBlizzard
Nintendo network ID: GigaBlizzard

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

483. Posted:

Who's ready for this year's last issue?

Untitled

Also, be sure to check out Matthew Toranto's new Kickstarter, Tadpole Treble, here.

Edited on by PuzzleMaster7

There is no puzzle without a solution!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7 | Twitter: PuzzleMaster7

AuthorMessage

ueI

484. Posted:

KodyWB-98 wrote:

Plus, there might just be something special for the first 2,000 subscribers.

So what's up with this? It's been almost a year and I think they should have shared more info by now.
They also have a real website now. And all orders are 25% off for the rest of the week.

Droggeljug

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

485. Posted:

I just got the last issue of the year :)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

486. Posted:

The Nintendo Force podcast launches tonight!
Starting from today, there will be one podcast every Monday. However, if you miss it, the podcast will be uploaded to the official site the following Wednesday. Finally, be sure to watch the very first episode here on NF's Youtube channel at 10 PM ET.

P. S. The new subscription enrollment along with the cover art of issue #7 will be revealed soon, so stay tuned for more announcements!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7 | Twitter: PuzzleMaster7

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

487. Posted:

Who's ready for issue #7?

Untitled

NF wrote:

Finally, the announcement all of our current subscribers have been waiting for – the plan for subscription renewals for Year 2. Well, here you go:

We’re heading to Kickstarter!

Some of you just got a puzzled look on your face. I’ll explain.

Producing a print magazine is a risky venture. It’s one of the reasons Nintendo Power shut down – creating physical magazines, printing them in bulk and mailing them out to thousands of people around the planet is a massive undertaking each and every time you do it.

But when our first issue went on sale a year ago, the outpouring of support was so enormous that we knew it would be safe to open up full-year subscriptions. So we did, and thousands of you joined the Force by buying print subscriptions, digital subscriptions or a combination of both. We made enough money that we were able to cover the production costs for a full year of issues – the costs to print all of the issues and package and mail them around the world.

Now we’re heading to Kickstarter because we want to do it again. This campaign will cover NF Magazine’s Year 2 Subscriptions. We’re seeking to raise the amount of money we need to print, package and mail another full years’ worth of magazine issues.

If you’ve already been a subscriber with us, the Kickstarter campaign page will be the place where you’ll renew your subscription for another year. We decided to offer renewals in this way for organizational purposes – all of our existing subscribers are getting Issue #7 as their last issue. That Shovel Knight issue is the finale for Year 1 of NF Magazine, and it’s actually being released next week – on the same day we’re starting this Kickstarter campaign. If you’ve enjoyed what we’ve done so far, then sign up for another year, won’t you? Your continued support will mean that we can keep going for another year, and you’ll get to continue seeing new NF Magazine issues delivered to your mailbox or your email inbox for another year.

And if you haven’t yet become a subscriber, or if you’re just now hearing about our magazine for the first time, this campaign will be the perfect time to jump on board! We’ll have a variety of different pledge tiers available – some of them will allow you to get caught up on the issues you’ve missed while also getting your name on the list to receive our future issues for NF’s Year 2.

And if you support the Kickstarter campaign, you won’t have to wait to see the benefits of your pledge – the first issue of our Year 2 cycle will be released in March, immediately following the conclusion of the fundraiser.

Finally, another major benefit of going to Kickstarter is that we may be able to go above and beyond our bottom-line fundraising goal. And if that happens, we’ll be able to enhance our new issues with extra features! We’d love to be able to include a poster in each new issue, for example, and if we can raise enough to hit those stretch goals, then we can! And you’ll have a say in what happens with NF in the future, too. If you become a backer, you’ll have a voice in determining what other stretch goals we’ll set and how you want the magazine to expand going forward.

It all starts next week, so stay tuned! All current subscribers will be notified when the campaign launches, as Issue #7 will be released the same day. You won’t miss any issues, so long as you take action before we get all the way to Issue #8′s release in March!

If you’ve got questions, drop them in the Get in Touch box below. I’ll round them up and answer them all together. I hope you’re as excited as I am!

New podcast. New issue cover revealed. New Kickstarter campaign unveiled. It’s been a busy day for the Nintendo Force.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

488. Posted:

So when's the kick starter so I can sub.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

489. Posted:

@shingi_70 The Kickstarter will start sometime next week, the same day issue #7 is released. Plus, I'll be sure to update the thread once it goes up.

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

490. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

So when's the kick starter so I can sub.

I think they said it will start next week

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

491. Posted:

The Kickstarter is UP everyone! Go go, subscribe!

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

492. Posted:

Saw it on GAF. Going to put in for the print sub later this week.

The latest issue is out today as well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

493. Posted:

Sweet deal, I'm definitely backing for the second year print subscription.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

494. Posted:

I know I'm a little late on this, but, as mentioned above, the kickstarter is indeed up!
As of now, it has already surpassed $22,100 in pledges so far! Plus, if you want to download issue #7 for $0.99, now's your chance!

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

495. Posted:

Has anyone gotten Issue #7 yet? I thought they shipped out a while ago, but maybe I was mistaken.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

496. Posted:

In case you still haven't subscribed, the early bird print subscription has returned, which means you can have all Year 2 issues arrive in your mailbox for $25 or for $4.17 an issue (NA). Finally, congrats to Lucas on his second baby boy, Calvin Martin Thomas! (Check out the pictures here.)

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

497. Posted:

Update #6: You can now apply add-ons to your pledge! For $7 (US), or $14 for international backers, you can now add first-class shipping to your pledge. However, if you live in Canada, you'll be receiving it for free! Finally, if you weren't subscribed during Year 1, you can add issue #7 to your existing pledge for $7 (US), $8 (Canada), and $9 (international).

STEP 1: Click the "Manage Your Pledge" button up near the top of the campaign page.
STEP 2: Increase your pledge amount by the number equivalent to the add-on(s) you want. Don't change your pledge tier! Add-ons aren't new tiers you're picking, they're just tagged on to the tier you already picked.

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

498. Posted:

New Update: Only 10 days remain! Be sure to also check the Kickstarter page for new tier pledges, including subscriptions that include either Tadpole Treble, Treasurenauts, and Shovel Knight. Finally, if you ask why print magazines still exist, then just watch this:

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

499. Posted:

Update #12: Now, if you refer friends to subscribe to the magazine during it's final week on Kickstarter, you are eligible for receiving a free game. For more details, please visit this page here.

Now, for the moment you all have been waiting for: Issue #8's cover art!

Untitled

AuthorMessage

Emaan

500. Posted:

I still need to renew my subscription how do I do this :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann