Forums

Topic: NF Magazine

Posts 381 to 400 of 518

PuzzleMaster7

Nintendo Force is now seeking an ad sales representative to join their team. To apply, you can send your résumé to [email protected]. Apparently, the ads will be gaming related and their purpose is to help lower the printing costs and help NF reach their goals faster, like being able to include posters with issues.

My issue finally came in today!
Untitled

There is no puzzle without a solution!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7

e-love

Interesting news about the ads. I somewhat enjoyed the fact that Nintendo Force didn't have ads, as the ones in Nintendo Power started to get annoying towards the end. However, if this means reduced costs for subscriptions, I'll take it. As long as they're related to video games and not completely random.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

ThePirateCaptain

@Emaan
Who doesn't love ads for a steakhouse you've never heard of in your gaming magazines?

I did get my second issue last week and it was pretty good if I do say so. I love all the throwbacks to NP, but it still has new and interesting things as well. I'll be eagerly awaiting Issue #3 in the next few months.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Lunapplebloom

Finally have my issue today!

Untitled

Took it long enough though. I hope they sort this out with the company for the next one so it doesn't feel like an eternity before it gets here.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

the_shpydar

Got mine last week, and another great issue. Keep it up, guys!

And it's funny, I didn't even notice that they phased out the name "Nintendo Force" until I read Lucas's final page editorial thingy about it.
Long live NF Magazine!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

HawkeyeWii

What do you mean Phazed out?

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

the_shpydar

It's not going to be called "Nintendo Force" magazine anymore, just "NF" magazine.

Apparently Nintendo contacted them and told them they appreciated what they were doing with the magazine, but asked them to not use "Nintendo" in the title so as not to confuse any consumers that it's an official Nintendo publication.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

HawkeyeWii

That is really dumb!
Why would that even matter? What skin would that be off Nintendo's nose?

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Birdman

The letter included at the end about the name change mentioned that Nintendo wanted distance between NF and the original NP. At least Nintendo isn't suing them for it.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Lunapplebloom

I rather like the nickname. Gives it it's own feeling in my opinion. Besides. it's better than them getting shut down by Nintendo. I can't wait to read their next issue.

Also, does anyone else have the voices from the original Super Mario Bros. Super Show for Mario, Luigi, and Toad stuck in their head when reading the comic? The comic in it seems to hearken back to that series, but does everything better. Can't wait to see what happens next in that.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

PuzzleMaster7

The nickname actually suits the magazine quite well if you ask me. Also, the next issue isn't too far away!

In other news, game guides will be available sometime in the future. NF posted, "We are planning to expand into guide creation. Some fun things in the works behind the scenes!"

Edited on by PuzzleMaster7

Spoony_Tech

I personally agree with HawkeyeWii. I think its stupid and dumb of Nintendo to do that. It's free publicity and from what I'm hearing good free publicity! Nintendo interferes too much sometimes for there own good. They should just keep a close eye on it and leave them alone. After all its not like its the first time ever a magazine or a website even has used its name. What's next........umm Nintendolife could you change your name so people don't think you are an official website of ours!?!? It's ridiculous if you ask me. Now if a new person just hears the name of the magazine and knows nothing about it how are they suppose to know its about Nintendo??? STUPID!!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TysonOfTime

Tech101 wrote:

I personally agree with HawkeyeWii. I think its stupid and dumb of Nintendo to do that. It's free publicity and from what I'm hearing good free publicity! Nintendo interferes too much sometimes for there own good. They should just keep a close eye on it and leave them alone. After all its not like its the first time ever a magazine or a website even has used its name. What's next........umm Nintendolife could you change your name so people don't think you are an official website of ours!?!? It's ridiculous if you ask me. Now if a new person just hears the name of the magazine and knows nothing about it how are they suppose to know its about Nintendo??? STUPID!!!

You did read the reason why right? NF was hailed as a sequel to NP, so Nintendo merely suggested that it would be best to not have the name so close. With Magazines like Pure Nintendo also existing, I sincerely doubt Nintendo would actually take action against them, they just wanted to make the distinction between Nintendo Force and Nintendo Power. (You have to admit, they're bother extremely closely named.)

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Spoony_Tech

@TysonOfTime Yeah I missed that part. I still think its stupid though!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

PuzzleMaster7

If you have read issue #2, then you probably have read about the Lego Cuuso Legend of Zelda: Iron Knuckle Encounter project being created by Wes Talbott. Remember, for it be reviewed by the LEGO staff, the project needs to have at least 10,000 supporters, so to back this project for free, visit the page here.

Drawdler

It was hard to decide between this and the hardcover Awkward Zombie, but I'm finally getting my subscription today. I'm excited to get the magazine!

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Prof_Clayton

I personally like this more than the original magazine. It has more interesting articles, a really good staff (Corbie ) and their reviews have been spot on for me so far.
Keep it up!

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

MisterTipp

Bought the second issue, can't wait for number three! <3

MisterTipp

PuzzleMaster7

For those of you who own Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the 3DS, prepare for the first Hunting with Evan & Kevin on this Sunday, May 5, at 8:00 p.m. EST.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.