General Discussion Forum

Topic: NF Magazine

Showing 201 to 220 of 520

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

201. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

No advertising, the team admits it is making no profits from it, and it is a spiritual sequel to a magazine that Nintendo fans were apparently very upset when they heard was being discontinued,

And yet apparently $17 is 'too much.'

Well, folks, if you want to know the reason that print is dying, it's because of that. Cheap gamers that refuse to support the products they claim to love.

Yup. Ads are what keeps costs down. I can't support this magazine's print atm because I have to cut back this month, but I still got the digital version. Once a subscription cost is available, I'll invest in that depending on the price.

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

202. Posted:

just got my copy in the mail yesterday, hooray! can't wait to bust it open :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

203. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

just got my copy in the mail yesterday, hooray! can't wait to bust it open :3

Well if you can't wait to bust it open then why did you wait till today!! :P

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

204. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

No advertising, the team admits it is making no profits from it, and it is a spiritual sequel to a magazine that Nintendo fans were apparently very upset when they heard was being discontinued,

And yet apparently $17 is 'too much.'

Well, folks, if you want to know the reason that print is dying, it's because of that. Cheap gamers that refuse to support the products they claim to love.

$17 is a lot right now, here in January when hours at work are being cut back, everyone's recovering from the spending frenzy of the December holidays and getting ready for tax season. It's a luxury to be able to splurge on the print version when there's a $5 digital version available, especially after being used to paying what, $25 for a year's subscription to a similar product? Deal with it. They are, and they're working to fix the price situation for us so that it's more reasonable.

@Tech101: This is grade-A bathroom readin' material, I'm waiting for just the right time ;)

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

205. Posted:

[quote=theblackdragon ] @Tech101: This is grade-A bathroom readin' material, I'm waiting for just the right time ;)

[/quote]

TMI O.o

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

206. Posted:

hey, you asked :3

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

Shiromikio

207. Posted:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if they plan to offer a PDF or at least a PC-viewable version? On the MagCloud page it looks like digital = iPad-only (I don't have one at this time). I'll probably get the first issue in print anyway, but I'd much prefer to subscribe to a PDF version.

Thanks for any info.

Playlist: FE:A, HM:ANB
Quickplay: HarmoKnight

AuthorMessage

Birdman

208. Posted:

@Shiromikio - The digital version includes a PDF of the magazine, so it's not readable only on an iPad. And you get a free digital copy of the mag when you order a print version, so you can view it both as a PDF and a physical mag.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

ogo79

209. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

This is grade-A bathroom readin' material, I'm waiting for just the right time ;)

and im waiting for just the right time to get my toilet back, so i too can enjoy my nf magazine :(

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

210. Posted:

Birdman wrote:

@Shiromikio - The digital version includes a PDF of the magazine, so it's not readable only on an iPad. And you get a free digital copy of the mag when you order a print version, so you can view it both as a PDF and a physical mag.

indeed, when you make your purchase you're given the option to download it right then to your PC if you like iirc :3

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

211. Posted:

My print issue seems not to have arrived as of yet... If I'm lucky it'll be here today.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

212. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

My print issue seems not to have arrived as of yet... If I'm lucky it'll be here today.

We don't get mail today or tomorrow!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

213. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

We don't get mail today or tomorrow!

'DOH,
I had a busy weekend, and I have tomorrow off too, so it feels like Saturday.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

ueI

214. Posted:

I found out that mine has arrived, but I can't check it out right now because I'm on vacation. I already read it online, so it's not like I have an urgent need for it anyway.

Edited on by ueI

Droggeljug

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

215. Posted:

Here's a quick mediocre review of the first issue.

There is no puzzle without a solution!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7 | Twitter: PuzzleMaster7

AuthorMessage

DaveGX

216. Posted:

Hmm, a new magazine.... I wonder if this is official from Nintendo themselves or another/new source. 1 thing that's always bugged me is that most magazine subscriptions you have to either a print/physical copy or diigtal, can't have both. I've always kinda thought that if you opt for 1, say maybe for print copy, that the other should be a freebie. I'm sure they make enough $ to do it anyway.

Edited on by DaveGX

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage

Adhrast

217. Posted:

@DaveGX It's actually already that way: you buy the printed copy and get the digital one for free :)
And btw no, it's not an official magazine ;)

Adhrast

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6194-1975 | Nintendo Network ID: Adhrast

AuthorMessage

DaveGX

218. Posted:

Yeah, but the way it was worded it sounds as though you can only get a digital copy of the magazine you order. What I meant was if you decide to actually subscribe and you start with the print version, would they charge you for the digital subscription as well as print? In other words, is there a way to confirm your print version subscription as a means of linking your existing subscription to a digtal 1 if you decided you want the digital subscription?

Edited on by DaveGX

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

219. Posted:

Looks cool. I already have one game magazine, but if I want a second, this would be my first choice.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

Adhrast

220. Posted:

Well, I decided to buy the digital version, primarily because I want to support these guys for their awesome effort and work. Unfortunately, the shipping for the printed version would be insane and probably not worthy.
Anyway, the magazine is very polished and extremely well made. If you take into account the fact that I'm in Italy so my currency is €, paying roughly €3,50 for such a magazine is a steal.
Buy it now. Please.

Edited on by Adhrast

Adhrast

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6194-1975 | Nintendo Network ID: Adhrast