Forums

Topic: NF Magazine

Posts 201 to 220 of 518

Shiromikio

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if they plan to offer a PDF or at least a PC-viewable version? On the MagCloud page it looks like digital = iPad-only (I don't have one at this time). I'll probably get the first issue in print anyway, but I'd much prefer to subscribe to a PDF version.

Thanks for any info.

Shiromikio

Birdman

@Shiromikio - The digital version includes a PDF of the magazine, so it's not readable only on an iPad. And you get a free digital copy of the mag when you order a print version, so you can view it both as a PDF and a physical mag.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

ogo79

theblackdragon wrote:

This is grade-A bathroom readin' material, I'm waiting for just the right time

and im waiting for just the right time to get my toilet back, so i too can enjoy my nf magazine

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

theblackdragon

Birdman wrote:

@Shiromikio - The digital version includes a PDF of the magazine, so it's not readable only on an iPad. And you get a free digital copy of the mag when you order a print version, so you can view it both as a PDF and a physical mag.

indeed, when you make your purchase you're given the option to download it right then to your PC if you like iirc :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

TysonOfTime

My print issue seems not to have arrived as of yet... If I'm lucky it'll be here today.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Spoony_Tech

TysonOfTime wrote:

My print issue seems not to have arrived as of yet... If I'm lucky it'll be here today.

We don't get mail today or tomorrow!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TysonOfTime

Tech101 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

We don't get mail today or tomorrow!

'DOH,
I had a busy weekend, and I have tomorrow off too, so it feels like Saturday.

ueI

I found out that mine has arrived, but I can't check it out right now because I'm on vacation. I already read it online, so it's not like I have an urgent need for it anyway.

Edited on by ueI

Droggeljug

DaveGX

Hmm, a new magazine.... I wonder if this is official from Nintendo themselves or another/new source. 1 thing that's always bugged me is that most magazine subscriptions you have to either a print/physical copy or diigtal, can't have both. I've always kinda thought that if you opt for 1, say maybe for print copy, that the other should be a freebie. I'm sure they make enough $ to do it anyway.

Edited on by DaveGX

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

Adhrast

@DaveGX It's actually already that way: you buy the printed copy and get the digital one for free
And btw no, it's not an official magazine

Adhrast

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6194-1975 | Nintendo Network ID: Adhrast

DaveGX

Yeah, but the way it was worded it sounds as though you can only get a digital copy of the magazine you order. What I meant was if you decide to actually subscribe and you start with the print version, would they charge you for the digital subscription as well as print? In other words, is there a way to confirm your print version subscription as a means of linking your existing subscription to a digtal 1 if you decided you want the digital subscription?

Edited on by DaveGX

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

Vincent294

Looks cool. I already have one game magazine, but if I want a second, this would be my first choice.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Adhrast

Well, I decided to buy the digital version, primarily because I want to support these guys for their awesome effort and work. Unfortunately, the shipping for the printed version would be insane and probably not worthy.
Anyway, the magazine is very polished and extremely well made. If you take into account the fact that I'm in Italy so my currency is €, paying roughly €3,50 for such a magazine is a steal.
Buy it now. Please.

Edited on by Adhrast

Adhrast

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6194-1975 | Nintendo Network ID: Adhrast

Birdman

@DaveGX - The current model NF is using to distribute Issue #1 (MagCloud) and the way they've set up orders for #1 is that if you buy the print version, you also get a free copy of the digital version too. I'm not sure how subscriptions will work with Issue #2, as they've mentioned they're moving to a different publisher for the next issue (I think they said they went to MagCloud for the first one so they could get it to us as fast as possible given the time constraints), but (hopefully) they'll keep a Print + Digital subscription available for future issues. So, there's no need to juggle getting a print but no digital copy subscription because that option probably won't even exist!

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

e-love

So I'm just now ordering mine (no idea why) and the coupon code doesn't work.

<_<

Perfect.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

the_shpydar

Got my issue today; awesome!

While i've only flipped through and read a bit so far, i am absolutely impressed. If i didn't know otherwise, i would honestly think this was an issue of NP (only vastly improved and ad-free). And i absolutely love that there's quite a bit of retro content in there.

As a side note, the printing-quality is fabulous, with nice heavy pages and thick cover — only minor pieces of constructive critcism on that front would be that the portions that have small white text on black background, while finely readable, have a bit of "background color bleed" going on (which, if it was worse, would make the text very difficult to read). Also, the "what games are you looking forward to" bit has dark blue/purple text on black background, which is never reccomended.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

TysonOfTime

Got my issue today too. Looking forward to reading it, as the digital version is kind of a pain to read.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.