Forums

Topic: Nintendo admits its casual focus with the gaming industry has failed.

Posts 101 to 120 of 180

Bankai

h couldn't the same thing be said for howard stringer. At this point I see nintendo lasting longer than sony in the market.

As Sean Aaron said, Nintendo's failing was being too short sighted.

Stringer's failing was he was too forward thinking. A westerner getting a Japanese corporation to do a complete overhaul in its approach to market was always going to end badly. Stringer had the vision, before anyone else really (content is king, consumed through the Cloud from a single centralised network).

tl;dr Not his fault.

Oh? Weren't you talking about terrible Japanese businessmen earlier? Speaking of which, http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2012/04/kaz_hirai_reveals_one_...

Hirai is widely recognised as one of the finest individual businessmen in Japan's technology sector.

mamp

IDK lately I feel like all I keep hearing is promises from Nintendo (which was around when the 3DS came out which was like 2 yrs ago) that they're gonna fix this and that and make this better and improve on that and bla bla bla. I'm kinda tired of hearing promises I would like to see something done. It was because of those promises that I bought a 3DS on launch day and had to wait until november almost like 8 months after launch to finally get one of the many cool games Nintendo had promised for the 3DS the year before at E3. I just hope the Wii U is not the same where they say it's gonna be amazing but they don't deliver or they make us wait even longer until they deliver what they promised. Also since people brought up the Vita talk are Vita games more expensive than 3DS games just like the PSP games where more expensive than the DS games?

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

EvilLucario

mamp wrote:

Also since people brought up the Vita talk are Vita games more expensive than 3DS games just like the PSP games where more expensive than the DS games?

Only a select few Vita games are higher than $39.99, like Uncharted, for now. We honestly don't know the real prices of Vita games, though I would guess that later games will be around $44.99.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

mamp wrote:

Also since people brought up the Vita talk are Vita games more expensive than 3DS games just like the PSP games where more expensive than the DS games?

Some are, but most aren't.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mabbit

Well look who finally decided to come crawling back to us.
You'll be sleeping on the couch tonight, Nintendo.

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Adam

Ribbit?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

shingi_70

@ChocoGoldfish

Oh I know just easier to blame problems on the nearest figurehead. Read an article a few months ago about how the culture of the company was really screwed up with divisions being cut and the people fired still being rehired by there buddies under a new division.

Also has Sony announced any cloud plans? I know icloud is decent but things got heated last week when google launched google drive and Microsoft repaint he'd skydrive and showed it off.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Bankai

Also has Sony announced any cloud plans? I know icloud is decent but things got heated last week when google launched google drive and Microsoft repaint he'd skydrive and showed it off.

Sony's been heading towards Cloud services for a long time. Bringing everything under one network was a key early stage of development, and there is Music Unlimited, which is the easiest service to turn to the Cloud first.

Movies and Games will follow over the next few years. When you're a company as big and Sony with global systems, it takes a long, long time to get things done. Microsoft also has a long way to go with the Cloud. It just has the benefit that it has a large corporate business (like, 90% of its business is corporate business), and that started moving to the cloud a long time before consumer stuff did.

shingi_70

Yeah Microsoft has been pushing the cloud for a couple of years now 2007 but everyone has a long way to go. That's honestly one of the bullet points I'm looking at for wiiu.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

mamp

@PrimedMetroid and @Mickeymac
Thanks for answering my question ^_^

Second question, are Wii U games most likely to go up to $60 (sorry I don't know Euros) just like MS and Sony games or will Nintendo be able to keep them at the $50 price range?

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

CanisWolfred

mamp wrote:

@PrimedMetroid and @Mickeymac
Thanks for answering my question ^_^

Second question, are Wii U games most likely to go up to $60 (sorry I don't know Euros) just like MS and Sony games or will Nintendo be able to keep them at the $50 price range?

We don't know yet. Nintendo hasn't said anything about pricing and already said they won't say anything at E3. It's a good guess that it'll be $60, though. HD games are expensive to make.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bankai

Sony_70 wrote:

Yeah Microsoft has been pushing the cloud for a couple of years now 2007 but everyone has a long way to go. That's honestly one of the bullet points I'm looking at for wiiu.

Nintendo isn't even close to being able to handle a Cloud service. The infrastructure to handle Cloud is of magnitudes more difficult and costly than offering simple downloads, and Nintendo hasn't even got to the point where it can handle retail game downloads yet. It's a full five years, if not more before it can do Cloud.

komicturtle

Well, cloud gaming has a long way to go to even be mainstream anyhow. Saves? Sure, I guess. For back up maybe. But to stream games? Yeah, there goes the bandwidth.

Steam Cloud works well from what I hear but there are only a few games that support it. And I'm not entirely sure how Sony handles that on their end so I can't say anything on that front.

Anyways, I'm positive Nintendo will make a turn around.. Well, actually- I'm always positive about everything because being negative isn't good for your health and face. There's lots of grumpy people around because they are always negative about everything. Cheer up

My positivity of MH coming to 3DS (albeit Japan), the "Operation Rainfall" games coming to US (well, 2 of 3 for now) as well as 3DS picking up steam all came to light. Obviously not saying these things happened because of me- though, I am fabulous, so maybe I had some influence, but they happened anyways.

Put a smile on folks. Lots of you need to relax and float downstream.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

shingi_70

All icare is about cloud saves and that's for back-ups and alt saves.

Wish MS would let me use my 25GB from skydrive for cloud saves.

WAT!

komicturtle

But saves don't take up all that much space though.... Do they?

komicturtle

theblackdragon

it's not even about storage, komic — having your savefiles in a cloud-based system would make transferring savefiles from one system to another much easier if you were to upgrade or replace a broken system, and also accessing your saves from a friend's house. all you'd have to do is log in and you're good to go, y'know?

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

komicturtle

Oh, then that makes sense, actually.. Never thought it can work that way x_x;

komicturtle

LzWinky

theblackdragon wrote:

it's not even about storage, komic — having your savefiles in a cloud-based system would make transferring savefiles from one system to another much easier if you were to upgrade or replace a broken system, and also accessing your saves from a friend's house. all you'd have to do is log in and you're good to go, y'know?

Or save on an SD card!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

komicturtle

@Lz

True.. But I remember when I took my GCN Memory Card and actually got it mixed up with my friend's when I took it over. This was years ago, obviously. For some reason, I did not notice till I moved up north to New Hampshire a few months after that I had his memory card and not fine. I never got to finished my Paper Mario, my Baten Kaitos.. It's not the same case for everyone, I know.. But forgetting or getting mixed up can surely be an inconvenience. Though, I'm more weary about my stuff more than I used to be as a kid back then...

komicturtle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.