Forums

Topic: Nintendo 2020

Posts 1 to 20 of 24

Nook_Gwala

This could be a very big year but so far we know so little my question for you guys is when do you think 2020 will be showcased and what do you think we will see this year and also what would you like to see. Ex for me I’d love to see a New Punch Out made for switch

Nook_Gwala

Dezzy

What does it mean to "showcase 2020"?

We already know Animal Crossing and Xenoblade Remaster are coming. When will we get more than that? Probably not until the January Direct I'd guess. That's when they usually do stuff.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

Nintendo likes to plays it cards close to its chest. Chances are that we won't even know about Nintendo's biggest Q3 - Q4 releases until halfway through the year.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Grumblevolcano

It's a difficult one, most of 2019's lineup was known by February 2019 meanwhile PS5/Scarlett is coming holiday 2020 and so that may play a role in announcement timings.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

My guess is that they're gonna try and have BotW2 launch christmas 2020 with the Switch Pro to coincide with the next gen consoles.

I bet they screw it up by delaying Zelda though.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Venus_Adept

Nintendo will release a new 3d Mario in the christmas 2020. Mark my words, Super Mario Odissey sequel.

Venus_Adept

Krull

Wasn’t ARMS the new Punch Out? Think that ship has sailed.

I’m expecting a reveal, at least, of a new 3D Mario, even if it’s not the actual release in 2020. Not sure if we are going to see Metroid - almost expect it to be rolled back another year.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

sixrings

@Krull punch outs more of a rhythm game. Anyways they can release punch out Wii like they did on nvidia shield.

sixrings

NotTelevision

It’s hard to say what’s to come but I’m expecting a lot more 3rd party support with 2-3 tent pole releases in Q2-4 (Pikmin 4, maybe Botw2, something else).

It would be cool to see something from Samus. Either that Prime Trilogy or a new 2d game.

NotTelevision

kkslider5552000

Krull wrote:

Wasn’t ARMS the new Punch Out? Think that ship has sailed.

So are you assuming Arms didn't sell well or that Punch Out is a bigger deal than it is?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Krull

@kkslider5552000 Neither, really. Just feel like ARMS was this generation’s Punch Out, and we won’t get another one.

sixrings

@Krull we get multiple platformers (Mario,dk,Kirby) multiple party games (go vacation/mario party) multiple adventures (Zelda,metroid) why can't we get multiple fighters?

Edited on by sixrings

sixrings

Krull

@sixrings It was just my feeling - I don’t have an uncle who works at Nintendo! Arguably we do have multiple fighters, in ARMS and Smash. Hope you get your Punch Out, though, if that’s what you want!

I’d rather have a Golden Sun, but don’t see that happening. A Mario RPG seems more likely, but with Alpha Dream going under, who knows?

link3710

@Krull I'm honestly not expecting another Mario RPG until the generation after next. Alpha Dream went under, IS doesn't seem interested even if they were allowed to make Paper Mario a proper RPG again, and the sales for both series have tanked (mostly due to the recent creative decisions but still)

link3710

Nook_Gwala

@Krull good point paper Mario does seem really likely but who knows I would still like to see a Mario and Luigi hd on switch they could even split the bros up for puzzles like gooigi in lm3

Nook_Gwala

sixrings

@Krull my bad. I was just reading your comments with a I know all tone. When in reality I don't think anyone knows what Nintendo's going to do. An undockable switch the most recent example of that. I don't think a punch out is really big on their list of to do's. On the other hand some Wii releases like we saw on the shield can pad a lineup.

sixrings

Anti-Matter

@Krull
"Wasn’t ARMS the new Punch Out?"

ARMS is completely different with Punch Out.
In ARMS, you can jump / move freely but in Punch Out, you just only punch and dodge without actual moving.

Anti-Matter

TheMisterManGuy

Here's my predictions

January:
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Ecore

February:
Game & Watch Museum

March:
Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 05 - Magic Kit
Animal Crossing: New Horizons

April:
Puzzle League: Forever
WarioWare: Freestyle
New Casual IP

May:
Splatoon: Splat-Bit Hero (8-bit Splatoon spin off)
Pikmin 3 Deluxe
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

June:
New IP from Rhythm Heaven team
Mario Golf: Grand Tour

July:
Metroid: Dark Invasion
Nintendo Detective Club Collection

August:
Fire Emblem: Clashing Fates (Arc System Works Fire Emblem fighting game)
ARMS: Burst (Sequel to the original ARMS)

September:
New MonolithSoft IP
Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 06 - Adventure Kit

October:
FRESH Super Mario (3D Mario in the style of 3D World)

November:
Super Mario Party: Lunar
Pokemon Elusive Diamond and Rare Pearl
NES Remix 1+2

December:
Bayonetta 3

Edited on by TheMisterManGuy

TheMisterManGuy

Sorry, this topic has been locked.