Forums

Topic: New Sherlock Holmes Movie.

Posts 21 to 31 of 31

Kid_A

irken004 wrote:

Odnetnin wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Looks terrible from what I've seen.

This is coming from a massive Iron Man (movie) fan.

Same! High-five! Second only to The Dark Knight, comic book-movie-wise, IMO.

I agree with u 2. Check out the Iron man 2 teaser poster

Thirded

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

grenworthshero

kevohki wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Looks effing terrible. This is not Sherlock Holmes. It's...I don't even know! Some cheesy action movie or something.

People see the trailer and say, "What? This isn't Holmes!", but they fail to realize that this is a more faithful interpretation of Holmes from Doyle's stories. Anyone who would have read the earlier stories/novels would instantly recognize certain things that the general public don't associate with Holmes. He was never the gentleman that people believe him out to be. He was brilliant but he was also a proficient fighter (with weapons as well), sometimes sarcastic, a drug addict, eccentric, unliked by many because of his arrogant ego, had a cold persona (though was passionate about many things), smoked constantly, and he almost always appeared unkept and messy. Watson was never a bumbling idiot/fool that Nigel Bruce played him as. He was the one who kept Holmes in check while providing his own intellect and perspective to aid Holmes.

I hope this movie is good and a return to what Holmes really is and that people would stop bashing it when they know little or nothing about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's characters. I'd rather have an English director, Guy Ritchie, doing this movie since he (by the looks of the trailers) clearly stays true to the source material, while adding in his own touches, instead of some clueless director who probably never read a Holmes story in his/her life and would try to turn Holmes into a heartthrob teenage vampire detective or something ridiculous. You know Hollywood would do it too.

Agreed. I loved listening to the radio dramas as a kid, but I've also read some of the books, and this movie just looks like a more modern adaptation of everything, while still fairly true to the original content. I think it looks great, and a LOT better than that horrendous Avatar movie.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Kid_A

grenworthshero wrote:

kevohki wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Looks effing terrible. This is not Sherlock Holmes. It's...I don't even know! Some cheesy action movie or something.

People see the trailer and say, "What? This isn't Holmes!", but they fail to realize that this is a more faithful interpretation of Holmes from Doyle's stories. Anyone who would have read the earlier stories/novels would instantly recognize certain things that the general public don't associate with Holmes. He was never the gentleman that people believe him out to be. He was brilliant but he was also a proficient fighter (with weapons as well), sometimes sarcastic, a drug addict, eccentric, unliked by many because of his arrogant ego, had a cold persona (though was passionate about many things), smoked constantly, and he almost always appeared unkept and messy. Watson was never a bumbling idiot/fool that Nigel Bruce played him as. He was the one who kept Holmes in check while providing his own intellect and perspective to aid Holmes.

I hope this movie is good and a return to what Holmes really is and that people would stop bashing it when they know little or nothing about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's characters. I'd rather have an English director, Guy Ritchie, doing this movie since he (by the looks of the trailers) clearly stays true to the source material, while adding in his own touches, instead of some clueless director who probably never read a Holmes story in his/her life and would try to turn Holmes into a heartthrob teenage vampire detective or something ridiculous. You know Hollywood would do it too.

Agreed. I loved listening to the radio dramas as a kid, but I've also read some of the books, and this movie just looks like a more modern adaptation of everything, while still fairly true to the original content. I think it looks great, and a LOT better than that horrendous Avatar movie.

I got owned then. Maybe I'll see it.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

mrlimbo

Well having read the complete Sherlock Holmes cannon and having watched this trailer i can safely say it has no relation to Doyles Sherlock !!! but it maybe ok if you do not expect a "Sherlock Holmes" film , looks alot like and in the same vein as "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen "

mrlimbo

Trin

Sherlock Holmes + 21st Century = this film.

Trin

The_Fox

Personally, I'm more interested in a different take on the character rather than another dry, stuffy interpretation that would have occured had they gone the route everyone expects.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

mrlimbo

The+Fox wrote:

Personally, I'm more interested in a different take on the character rather than another dry, stuffy interpretation that would have occured had they gone the route everyone expects.

I thought the route theve taken is what everyone expected ???
It will appeal to the Americans as they have had little concept of the real "Sherlock Holmes" via films stretching back to "Basil Rathbone" in the 1940's !!!

Edited on by mrlimbo

mrlimbo

The_Fox

mrlimbo wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

I thought the route theve taken is what everyone expected ???

Well, I meant what most people imagine when they hear the name Sherlock Holmes. It's probably safe to say that most people weren't expecting what they see in the trailer.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

mrlimbo

The+Fox wrote:

Well, I meant what most people imagine when they hear the name Sherlock Holmes. It's probably safe to say that most people weren't expecting what they see in the trailer.

Yes i see what you mean , i just dont expect any film being made these days that doesnt conform to the blockbuster formula YAWN !!

Edited on by mrlimbo

mrlimbo

JayArr

What's british slang for smoking hot women?

This movie needs more of those. tbqh

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

theblackdragon

@JR: it definitely looks like there's gonna be more bromance involved than anything else, lol, if the commercials are to be believed.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.