Forums

Topic: New Green Lantern, Young Justice Television show Sneak Peaks

Posts 21 to 36 of 36

RoyalBlur

KaiserGX wrote:

Sorry for the late reply, I misssed the premiere but I saw it online. I liked it and I'm glad they are putting Super Boy this time around. I hope he gets more popularity because these days all the kids like Batman..I want America to root for the man of tomorrow that is the way of justice and truth. Btw this is set on Earth 16 so some stuff might not be consistent with other past events or other continuities. A lot of people I know watched Teen Titan and I think it was only popular cause it was done in anime ish style. Hope those same people will watch Young Justice.

Well I'm glad you liked it KaiserGX. I was beginning to fear that my fellow Nintendo fans were absent from the geeky comic book culture when it dawned on my that folks hadn't given their opinion on Young Justice.

I agree with you that Super Boy is a marvelous character although Robin is my personal all time favorite thanks to Teen Titans and the Adam West Batman classic.

@Mickeymac, yes, I do read the Green Lantern comics along with the current Green Lantern Brightest Day and Blackest Night editions.

@Odnetnin, yes, Greg Weisman of Spectacular Spider Man is onboard with both Young Justice and Green Lantern the Animated Series. I also enjoy Spectacular Spider Man very much and I began reading the current Spider Man comic today called Marvel Adventures: Spider Man with Spidey, Wolverine and a young woman on the cover.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

RoyalBlur

KaiserGX wrote:

I haven't read Marvel in a long time, last thing I read was Marvel Zombies. D: When's the next ep of Young Justice out?

January along with a special new line of comics to fill you in between episodes.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

shingi_70

Can't wait for the series. anybody notice that young justice and worlds collide take place in the same universe. In worlds collide many the JL only has six members and were just finished building watchtower at the end of the movie they open the league to other people. now look at young justice which uses the same chacter models for the JL and watchtower is a secertbase.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Xkhaoz

I saw the movie for Young Justice. Definitely looking forward to the show

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

RoyalBlur

Sylverstone wrote:

I like Young Justice. I feel that it won't have so much of the humor from Teen Titans, though...

Don't worry my friend, the good news is that Greg Weisman and the team have said that they will carry a bit of humor into Young Justice further into the program. A bit of the Teen Titans humor did come through in the pilot movie "Independence Day".

As a big fan of the Teen Titans show on Cartoon Work I'm very excited about the CW and DC Comics giving Raven her own television show; especially if is carries the tone and nature of Pirates of the Caribbean and the Twilight Saga movies as the show without doubt will focus on the supernatural and mystical mystique that surrounds Raven and her personal struggle against the darkside, criminals and injustice. As I think of what the show would feel like in tone considering Raven's origins and her evil father it reminds me of the episode "Fear Itself" from season 2 of Teen Titans in which the titans are haunted by "Wicked Scary" a movie which they rented and the teens are then picked off one by one as the movie turns out to be much more than they bargained for as it is in and of itself a force of evil.

Seriously, this getting me all excited for this new Raven show.

We're in for a good bit of superhero joy in 2011 with Young Justice, Green Lantern, NBC's The Cape and now the newly announced "Raven" television series focusing on the life and times of The Raven of the Teen Titans which is set to air on the CW now that Smallville is over a done. Source: http://io9.com/5706107/the-teen-titans-raven-is-getting-her-o...

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

the_shpydar

RE: the Raven series
Keep in mind that they're "looking to adapt" it, which means they're first going to work up a pilot and see if CW (or another netowrk) considers it worth greenlighting an actual series. And we all saw how well that worked out for the Aquaman series.

So basically, there is not yet a series that is "set to air". But could be cool if done well.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

RoyalBlur

the shpydar wrote:

RE: the Raven series
Keep in mind that they're "looking to adapt" it, which means they're first going to work up a pilot and see if CW (or another netowrk) considers it worth greenlighting an actual series. And we all saw how well that worked out for the Aquaman series.

So basically, there is not yet a series that is "set to air". But could be cool if done well.

Yes, I remember how they simply buried poor Aquaman. That was a good pilot and yet they sank it like a ship full of canon ball holes. I sure hope they won't do that to Raven.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

the_shpydar

Depending on how they do the series, i imagine it has a good chance, as they could pair it on CW with either Supernatural or Vampire Diaries; it'll probably be a decent fit for the overall branding that CW has been going for lately. I bet they'll downplay the DC superhero aspect (which didn't work so great for Birds of Prey, but CW (formerly The WB) had a different sort of mojo going back then), and play up the fantasy-concepts more.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

RoyalBlur

the shpydar wrote:

Depending on how they do the series, i imagine it has a good chance, as they could pair it on CW with either Supernatural or Vampire Diaries; it'll probably be a decent fit for the overall branding that CW has been going for lately. I bet they'll downplay the DC superhero aspect (which didn't work so great for Birds of Prey, but CW (formerly The WB) had a different sort of mojo going back then), and play up the fantasy-concepts more.

What was the Birds of Prey thing? I never saw that on The CW.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Deviant_Mugen

A series revolving around Raven? I'd be all over that if it materialized...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

RoyalBlur

WonderCon 2011 Trailer
[youtube:KX0moL7c3tM]

New Short Promo Trailer for Green Lantern: TAS

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.