Topic: National Novel Writing Month

Posts 181 to 200 of 255

Maggots

oh man, i wrote like a million words today

Oh, so delicious. For lunch.

theblackdragon

Maggots wrote:

oh man, i wrote like a million words today

sounds like you've completed the challenge of nanowrimo more than a few times over then, congrats

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

HolyMackerel

Judging from Maggot's recent posts, I'd say someone hasn't been following his prescription lately... (Or conversely it could be overmedication.)

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

SonicMaster

Alrighty, second chapter's up on my blog! (sig)

SonicMaster

Philip_J_Reed

@SonichuMaster:
Are the chapters supposed to be single, gigantic unbroken blocks of text? It might help readers if you break the narrative into paragraphs. That said, the writing really isn't bad, and I'll be happy to give it a look over and offer feedback...but probably not until after the month ends. I won't have time until then, for obvious reasons.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

SonicMaster

@CB Yeah, I know. I just haven't really had time for that kind of stuff yet. I will later, but right now I'm just worrying on getting the text in.

SonicMaster

bro2dragons

i'm about to try to throw down a boatload of words... wish me luck!

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

SMEXIZELDAMAN

I just got past 10,000 words and I'm done writing for today
The last 500 words the whole plot just got derailed and if you read it the only logical conclusion you can draw is that the author took a break, took some heavy drugs, then finished the rest of the chapter. I have a way I can fix it I think

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

SonicMaster

lol SZM!
ya, I'm about to start. My goal is also to break 10,000 today.

SonicMaster

Joetherocker

15,037! YES!

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

Philip_J_Reed

Whew. Wrote another two chapters today...but I wanted to write three. Damn nice weather being so irresistible. 19,786 words. Tomorrow I hope to write another two. If I don't, I'll be very disappointed in myself.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

SMEXIZELDAMAN

CB you are crazy!
How can I make my novel interesting to myself to write? I mean me making it random was actually pretty fun but I want it to be real

God loves you

SonicMaster

@SZM lol, I gotta make a random novel after getting this one out of the way

SonicMaster

SMEXIZELDAMAN

I'm beggining to think the only type of novel i can create is random. I was too busy trying to make it serious to not meet CB and Waltz' expectations but yea the whole outline is scrapped and starting in chapter 5 im doing this the right way

God loves you

SonicMaster

Ending day 6 with 9 chapters and 10,164 words. Pretty good, eh?

SonicMaster

Philip_J_Reed

Yes indeed, Sonichu, that's awesome!

SZM, just write what you're most comfortable with right now. With a more serious project, of course, you should have a better idea of what you're doing, but this is just a writing exercise. It's for fun, and you seem to be having fun, so you're doing it right.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

SonicMaster

......why are you persisting on calling me sonichu?

SonicMaster

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Cuz that's what you are. a Sonichu.
Anyways 11,100 ish words and im done writing for now

God loves you

retired_account

theblackdragon wrote:

a few of my friends do this every year. if i was some kind of writer, i might participate too, but i've never been able to stick with anything for very long before getting bored and wanting to do something else instead, like draw or paint, lol.

Wow, you sound like I am with finishing games. ;3

I might do this next year. Sounds fun, and I've always toyed with the idea of writing a novel.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.