Forums

Topic: My top 100 movies

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

DawnOverALilly

Darn, that's quite the list you have there. I am impressed, personally I struggle with just my top five. Overall, it's a interesting list, but from what I saw in your movie choices some seam a little odd to be higher then a few others.

But that's just me, we all take in movies in a different way and enjoy different things. I am more into romance and drama, and not a big fan of comedy but I do enjoy some. Action is a bit higher up as well.

Flandre- "I've been in the basement. For about 495 years."
Marisa- "That's sweet, I only get weekends off."
_
Marisa- It's so hot, I'm gonna die here.
Reimu- If you die, I'll feed your corpse to the birds.
Remilia- My, it'd be fine if you'd let me take care of tha...

LordJumpMad

sees Cop Out is rank 24
I think you need better taste in movies.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

DawnOverALilly

LordJumpMad wrote:

sees Cop Out is rank 24

Ah, that was a good one, but I would have it a bit lower actually for my tastes. (Seen tons if movies)

Edited on by DawnOverALilly

Flandre- "I've been in the basement. For about 495 years."
Marisa- "That's sweet, I only get weekends off."
_
Marisa- It's so hot, I'm gonna die here.
Reimu- If you die, I'll feed your corpse to the birds.
Remilia- My, it'd be fine if you'd let me take care of tha...

Bronies4ever

LordJumpMad wrote:

sees Cop Out is rank 24

It's hilarious and the only Kevin Smith movie I saw

Bronies4ever

CaviarMeths

100 is pretty excessive. It's so big that it will probably change every day.

If I had to whittle down the 10/10s I've given on IMDb to a Top 10 list, it would probably go something like (ordered by release date):

Casablanca
Yojimbo
The Godfather
Chinatown
The Empire Strikes Back
Aliens
Pulp Fiction
The Fellowship of the Ring
Hero (Ying xiong)
[Rec]

My highest ranked director is Akira Kurosawa, with the 5 films of his that I've seen averaging at 9.2/10.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

sugarpixel

I don't even think I've even seen 100 different movies!

...I'm not really a big movie person... I'm more into video games, personally.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Freeon-Leon

The lack of Tarantino movies is disturbing... Well, maybe not but haven't you seen Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs?

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Bronies4ever

Jahir wrote:

The lack of Tarantino movies is disturbing... Well, maybe not but haven't you seen Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs?

I'm not a fan of him, watching his movies is like watching a film that's directed by some punk who just loves having constant blood splatter all over the place, on top of that he doesn't know if he wants to make his films funny or serious

Bronies4ever

Freeon-Leon

Bronies4ever wrote:

Jahir wrote:

I'm not a fan of him, watching his movies is like watching a film that's directed by some punk who just loves having constant blood splatter all over the place, on top of that he doesn't know if he wants to make his films funny or serious

Well, I guess he just makes movies the way he knows, and i like that. Anyway, to each his own.

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Captain_Balko

Bronies4ever wrote:

Jahir wrote:

Tarantino my number 1 film maker of all time. And movies can be funny at some parts and serious at others. In fact, this is the preferred method most of the time, because a purely comedic movie is taken too lightly and nobody wants to sit through a movie that takes itself far too seriously. Pulp Fiction is considered to be one of the greatest films of all time. Yet Titanic is you number one? Bah. I found it to be a sappy snore-fest with an ending that made no sense (Oh gee, I tried to get on this floating piece of the ship one time and it almost tipped over, better just die instead of trying again like a normal person might). EVERYTHING by Quentin Tarantino is better than that trash. He is unique to the film making world, and doesn't steal literally every movie he makes like James Cameron.

/ End fanboy rant.

Captain_Balko

Electricmastro

You like Secret of NIMH too?

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

CanisWolfred

Electricmastro wrote:

You like Secret of NIMH too?

I think the better question is, who saw that movie and didn't like it? I should rewatch it someday. I saw Nostalgia Critic mention it once during a top 10 thing, and I couldn't really remember the scenes he showed even though I saw it no less that 4 times as a kid.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bronies4ever

DawnOverALilly wrote:

Darn, that's quite the list you have there. I am impressed, personally I struggle with just my top five. Overall, it's a interesting list, but from what I saw in your movie choices some seam a little odd to be higher then a few others.

But that's just me, we all take in movies in a different way and enjoy different things. I am more into romance and drama, and not a big fan of comedy but I do enjoy some. Action is a bit higher up as well.

What choices do you think are odd?

Bronies4ever

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.