Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 9,841 to 9,860 of 14,348

TeeJay

Jumpy be frightened.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

ToastyYogurt

@theblackdragon: I thought the Mad Little Ponies thing was funny. We're not that sensitive....

@Sylverstone: Played your game. It was pretty good. I really like the Meat Boy style wall jump (being able to repeatedly wall jump on the same wall, rather than having to alternate walls a la Mario). That was the best thing about Meat Boy.

@Teejay: I'm afraid you might be mistaken about Silver's game being on the Hub. I haven't seen the ad, but I'm pretty sure it's for Adventure Ponies, the Hub's own, much more pixelated pony flash game. It's on the Hub's website if you want to play it. It's pretty good.

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Syrup

Apparently, it's my turn to continue the RP (It would've been nice if somebody would've given me a heads up, but, I digress). Since it has been pretty much dead for the past couple of days, it's only fair to "resurrect" it with a bang.
So, buckle up those skin flaps, things are about to get crazy.

A bit disheartened by the Princess' words, Heron failed to notice that the pink creature had hopped out of his arms. Regardless, he tightened his grip firmly on the remaining yellow creature, and proceeded to run along side the other creatures in bewilderment, due to the fact that there was now an elderly creature in a rocking chair floating a couple of feet or so above them. It wasn't until he heard a gurgling sound coming directly behind him the he snapped out of it. He slowly looked over his shoulder and quickly wished that he hadn't...

Out of the bubbling, purple behemoth that is the Smooze, crawled out what appeared to be four-legged creatures similar to those that were currently aiding him.
But, something was different about them; They seemed disoriented and in pain, and above all else, enraged.

"Um... It looks like we have some visitors...", he whispered, too afraid to speak up.

Suddenly, they sprang into action. It didn't take them long before they were only a mere meter or so behind them. By then, everybody had been made aware of their new pursuers.

"IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY GOOD IDEAS OF HOW WE CAN OUT RUN THESE BLOOD THIRSTY PSYCHO'S, NOW WOULD BE AN EXCELLENT TIME TO SPEAK UP!!!"

Twilight_Crow

"Alright, lets go with Twilight´s plan. As I said, there is no way to stop the smooze and I have no plans on hurting my subjects even if they have been discorded by it." Celestia stops. "Everyone gather around me. Twilight, I think I have enough power to take us all to the Everfree Forest." Well something like that. Time to try a new approach to teleporting. "We will be safe there, its own magic may keep the smooze out for some time. Those enraged ponies most probably will still be able to go in, but they will have to find us." Celestia summons some play cards from under her raincoat and then puts one over every head. "First time using this teleporting trick... Wish me luck." Shippish smile

Catching up with all the content, now, good stuff.

@Sylverstone Haven´t congratulate you. The game looks great, I´ll wait for the final version.. Fearuted on EQD? Awesome. Brohoof!

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

MasterGraveheart

Wow, whenever I take a few days off, it seems some kind of madness goes on... you guys get lost without me sometimes, don'cha?

Squiggie, I'm going to be looking for you to help me figure out just what the hay is going on with this RP, because I'm finding some things a bit hard to follow at the moment. I want to participate, but, well, I just need a few things cleared up.

And also... ummm... APPLEJACK IS BEST PONY! =P

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

TeeJay

Just realized what your avatar is, Squiggletail.

smh.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TheDreamingHawk

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Derpy's awesome. >:[ You don't like her?... I just don't know what went wrong!

I'm sorry. I just really wanted to. But yeah different opinions. I respect yours.

Derpy's a she? I always thought derpy was a boy.

Anyways, the reason I don't really like her is because he reminds me of a disabled person, which kinda irritates me. She's cute when her eyes are normal though!

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Electricmastro

Even if FiM Season 3 comes out in September, at least it will comfort me while i'm in the 11th Grade , which I get into in 4 days.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Lunapplebloom

@Morphtroid Oh... I can see how that would affect the project then. I'll take up the baton for you if you want, though my commentary may not match yours in the funny department, but I shall try FOR SCIENCE.

@LordJumpMad Don't worry, your reign of madness will stay intact for now. All of us pony guys will be sticking here for the most part.

@TheBlackDragon that didn't offend me, though I know some people are thin skinned when it comes to that, so ok.

@MasterGraveheart agreed with best pony.

@TheDreamingHawk No worries, not everyone has to like Derpy. Though in thinking of her character, she resembles some of the most comedic personalities of other cartoon characters, such as Dopey, Goofy, and other such stars. She is a well meaning character, who just can't quite get it right at times.

A neat little animation.

"Good luck, Princess." Applebloom says as the Smooze is getting closer. She looks behind to see the enraged ponies coming up fast. She lets out a squeal and digs her face into Heron's armpit to hid in fear.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Aqueous

Twilight looks nervous as if doubting the plan. "Good luck Princess." I hope this works, since if it doesn't I'm not sure I'll have time to teleport us away, even if it would only be two of us.

@LordJumpPony - Don't worry, ponies will be concentrated here as always, just as you like. I doubt you'll see much elsewhere on Nintendolife.

@Twilight_Crow - Where does the card come from? I don't think it's a pony reference. An anime maybe?

@ElectricMastro - Have fun when you go back.

@Everypony - Sorry, I'm done GK's proof-reading, this is a long post

@GuardianKing - As normal for me this is most are suggestions and can be ignored more often then not.

Chapter 1
Go back through this chapter, all the paragraphs need to be indented except for the first.

It is a place where warfare is nonexistent, and often quickly suppressed.

You've got a contradiction here. If it's "nonexistent", then why is it "often quickly suppressed"? The first part says there is none so there shouldn't be any suppressing. I think you might want to change it, but I don't know if you want none period or if you want the second part more where war is stopped quickly. Though I think you might mean that the wars are suppressed before starting, in which case, you might want to be more clear. Maybe,

It is a place where warfare is nonexistent, and is quickly suppressed before any starts.

You'll likely want to play with the wording, but I'm not sure quite what you want.

It is a place where all three races live in peace, thriving not on their rivalries, but on their partnerships.

Since there are more then just ponies in Equestria, you might want to add “pony” after “three”, though this is only a suggestion. This is also a run-on sentence and I would recommend you break it into two sentences or take the comma after rivalries and make it a semicolon. You might want this instead,

It is a place where all three pony races live in peace, thriving not on their rivalries; but on their partnerships.

Seeing them live free and prosper always brought tears to her eyes, and subconsciously spread salt over those old wounds, concealed by centuries gone by.

The comma after “wounds” should likely be a semicolon to stop this from being a run on sentence since two sentences won’t work well here. Also “into those old wounds” sounds better and is clearer then “over those old wounds”. Of course it is an idea you might want to look at.

Seeing them live free and prosper always brought tears to her eyes, and subconsciously spread salt into those old wounds; concealed by centuries gone by.

To her, adopting Twilight into her school, many years ago, meant something bigger, something nopony could've ever suspected.

Run-on sentence. Maybe try a semicolon to remove the run-on, particularly if placed after “ago” and some commas might not be needed which removing them could help the sentence, like maybe the one after “school” as it is not really needed. Maybe this would look better,

To her, adopting Twilight into her school many years ago; meant something bigger, something nopony could've ever suspected.

it meant recovering something she had long lost.

This one just needs a capital letter on “it”.

It meant recovering something she had long lost.

One calm summer evening, in a small town of Ponyville, Celestia's banished sister Luna, now under the alias of Nightmare Moon, shattered the tranquil atmosphere, and proclaimed eternal night.

This would be better as two sentences to avoid being a massive run-on sentence. Also “now” is not needed before “under”, since she has been Nightmare Moon for a long time now. Also no need for a comma before “and”. Try this perhaps,

One calm summer evening, in a small town of Ponyville. Celestia's banished sister Luna, under the alias of Nightmare Moon, shattered the tranquil atmosphere and proclaimed eternal night.

Nightmare Moon had little to no memories of what truly happened then, neither did the Equestrians as a whole.

Try combining the 2 thoughts by “and” instead of a comma as they are simlar ideas.

Nightmare Moon had little to no memories of what truly happened then and neither did the Equestrians as a whole.

Yet, every night for the past thousand years, Celestia cried herself to sleep, often unable to live with what she had done.

Run-on sentence, try a semicolon in after “years” maybe to help with that.

Yet, every night for the past thousand years; Celestia cried herself to sleep, often unable to live with what she had done.

There was much more to her actions, yet only she knew, locking it away inside her unknowingly fragile heart.

Try a semicolon after “knew” to avoid a run-on sentence here.

There was much more to her actions, yet only she knew; locking it away inside her unknowingly fragile heart.

Hidden beneath her indifference and bold nature were the faces of six ponies, long forgotten by time.

This line is fine but since you haven’t shown us an indifferent and bold Celestia, you might want to add a sentence before this one to tell the reader she is hiding her sorrow behind bold and indifferent behaviour.

What Twilight didn't know back then, and still doesn't now, is that she was there when they forged them.

Four things “now” should be “know” I think. This is just a thought, you don’t need “back”before “then” as you just said when this was. Third, change the second comma to a semicolon to avoid a run on sentence. Lastly, If you mean Celesita then change she to Celestia, otherwise it indicates Twilight was at the forging, which doesn’t make alot of sense, unless Twilight has time travelled a few thousand years, losing both age and memory, which would be something you’d write later, I’d think if so.

_What Twilight didn't know then, and still doesn't know; is that Celestia was there when they forged them.

She was there when a plague decimated her kingdom. She was there when her own sister threatened to impale her on the castle walls. She was there when Discord broke her heart, and undid everything she had fought so hard for. She was there when they sacrificed their own lives, just to save the uncertain future of her kingdom.

You should pick the order of events in time as they happen. Remember Luna comes after Discord as Luna and Celestia fought Discord, so that should come before the line with Nightmare Moon. Not sure what order the others come in but I’m sure you do, so I think you’ll know where the others go.

She was there when a plague decimated her kingdom. She was there when Discord broke her heart, and undid everything she had fought so hard for. She was there when her own sister threatened to impale her on the castle walls.She was there when they sacrificed their own lives, just to save the uncertain future of her kingdom.

Chapter 2

I sat there, outside the examination room, ready to show Celestia all I had.

I think you have two sentences here I recommend breaking them apart. Like this maybe,

I sat there, outside the examination room. I was ready to show Celestia all I had.

The village had been hit by the plague, and we were all ill and famished.

Remove the first and, there should only be one and a sentence, the parts before it that could use and should just be commas.

The village had been hit by the plague, we were all ill and famished.

Brother and I figured if I could become Princess Celestia's disciple, maybe we would have a chance.

This isn’t useful but “My” before “Brother” might make the sentence seem smoother and helps indicate it is their brother and not someone else’s even though it seems like it is theirs also, it tells us that it is not a “name” given to their self or someone else.

My brother and I figured if I could become Princess Celestia's disciple, maybe we would have a chance.

Already, just walking here, I saw unicorns dumping trash into the streets, which were poorly built.

Another run-on sentence. I don’t think you need a comma after “already”. Then the last comma could perhaps be a semicolon. Try this maybe?

Already just walking here, I saw unicorns dumping trash into the streets; which were poorly built.

I had a hard time trotting my way here. Guess some wounds just don't heal.

You never bring up what wound or where before or after this and since you just brought it up, you likely should, as it is a thought, coming from the main character and nothing is interpreting.

• Again, I heard clashing steel, a high note being blown in a horn, and cries of warning, telling us to run.*

There was no mention of clashing steel, so “again” is not needed. If it is elaborate more give details and explain why this was “again”. Like maybe, “For the second time since I entered Canterlot,” then go into the rest of the sentence. Other then that the comma after “warning” likely isn’t needed.

. My mane was pale and royal blue, the colors swirling into one on my head.

Only one colour is mentioned. So you might want to remove the bit after the comma since she only has a colour in her mane.

I cried over my former self, lying on the ground dead.

This is a bit weak. Since you have it wrote as if they died. Add a few words to better explain maybe, since you mean the life they lived was left lying dead on the ground. Perhaps this might work?

I ried over my former self, that I left lying on the ground dead.

"Do what you want with in."

I think you want “it”, not “in”

"Do what you want with it."

It's nothing big, just a simple ice spell." They wrote down notes on their parchments.

Only one pony has been mentioned, talking to her before. So unless you elaborate either adding that there were more judging earlier in the chapter then just one, or have the pony speaking announce it to the other ponies with her now. Then it should not be plural as only one pony is judging.

We fell through a trap door, and into some sort of arena.

Your main character is still alone. I understand though you mean everypony fell in, though you’ll need a different way of explaining it to make sense. Maybe and most simply just replace “We” with “Everypony”.

Everypony fell through a trap door, and into some sort of arena.

Chapter 3
Go back through this chapter, all the paragraphs need to be indented except for the first.

They loved getting off the terror, slaughtering without hesitation just so they could grab some riches.

“They loved getting off the terror” makes little sense, maybe you should rephrase it.

I cried for my innocence, as it was lowered into the ground with my father's corpse.

“Lowered into the ground”. It is an interesting way to have innocence die, but lowered is slow, if your innocence just died then and there. Then you likely want a word that suggests that her innocence died faster then what you suggested. Or you might want to expand upon that moment, and send us back to show us why the innocence was lowered, in a slow die off of it.

It was a small cabin, made of pinewood logs, with small clouds of white smoke puffing out their limestone chimney.

I don’t think, though I could be wrong, that you don’t need a comma after cabin, as you’re describing the cabin you just mentioned.

It was a small cabin made of pinewood logs, with small clouds of white smoke puffing out their limestone chimney.

Mother and I heard people scream. Soon after, we were pulled apart from each other.

Lots here. First “people scream” should be “ponies scream”. Then you have them pulled apart. Two problems with that, first you never had them holding each other, second you have them alone in the woods, who is there to pull them apart? If not alone, you gave no indication that the forest has ponies moving through it.

Chapter 4
I know you are use to French but since you are writing the fan fic for an English reading audience and since you don’t explain some of them afterwards, I think you might want to translate the “fancy talk” by having it translated after in brackets as to not alienate alot of readers.

A sharp pain shocked my foreleft hoof.

From what I can tell “foreleft” should be “fore left” I can find no indication of the existence of foreleft as one word. Add a dash between them to connect them perhaps.
A sharp pain shocked my fore-left hoof.

I don't get it... Why is it so hard for everypony, including my servants, to pronounce my name? Seule; is that too hard?

You’ve had no dialogue before this to indicate that anypony has trouble pronouncing her name. The previous mention of anyone talking to her was brushed off by a quick narration.

Seule; is that too hard?

I’m not sure if you need a semicolon here, a comma is likely all you need. I’m not sure though about it.

Seule, is that too hard?

Chapter 5

At this time of year, our vineyard was filled with drunken innkeepers, hoarding our load into their chariots, ready to get drunk once again.

I think you want a semicolon after innkeepers as you are connecting two ideas. Then I think you mean carts not chariots, chariots are not something for carrying supplies.

At this time of year, our vineyard was filled with drunken innkeepers; hoarding our load into their carts, ready to get drunk once again.

Seventeen years ago, when mah mother was jus' a young, hardworkin mare, a drunken earth pony came i, and started hittin on her.

I think you want a semicolon after mare as the sentence is changing a bit. then “i” should be a captial.

Seventeen years ago, when mah mother was jus' a young, hardworkin mare; a drunken earth pony came I, and started hittin on her.

It was the whip he used to hit my grandma.

Do you mean grandpa since he was the one he beat up and the grandma wasn’t mentioned before.

No matter how much mud they'd throw at me, no matter how dirty I had to get, no matter how much blood on my hooves from the fights I fight, there was no way to hide my emerald green mane.

“fights I fight” should be “fights I fought” as they have happened since you used from and the blood is already on her hoofs.

No matter how much mud they'd throw at me, no matter how dirty I had to get, no matter how much blood on my hooves from the fights I fought, there was no way to hide my emerald green mane.

Chapter 6

Obviously, there had to be more of this than I thought.

I think you want “to this” not “of this”.

Obviously, there had to be more to this than I thought.

Now onto the two points that you wanted to hear about.

First the pacing;
I think that is easiest to explain. You are almost jumping about inside paragraphs. You need to elaborate to slow things down. I have some pointed out above where suddenly ponies come out of nowhere or details seem to be missing. It makes the story seem rushed. Which is likely what they meant. Trying maybe looking for those missing details and filling them in, don't just tell us an event, do a flash back and show us the event. Try little things like that, they'll add to the story and help with the pacing.

Second the narration;
Lucky for you this can be somewhat covered by dealing with the pacing. Basically, you've been narrating through, in the sense that rather then write a flashback/memory or include details like conversations. You just kind of narrate past them. Which leads to the ,mentioning that the writing does little to engage the reader. Fortunately you can take both of these out by adding to what you wrote, which will help the story out vastly.

Good luck, with it.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

AlbertoC

Wow, just, wow. I had to catch up almost 100 posts, but it was worth it. Many interesting events.

LordJumpMad wrote:

God forbid we start getting the hardcore dirty pony fans in here.
I'll have my hands full cleaning up that mess, I mean you guys are bad enough already, but you keep it to only this thread, which I like. Unlike other sites that been destroyed by a pony invasion, posting ponies on every thread, driving people to leave the site like an out-break virus.
This is why I ask you guys, to make sure not to get any dirty, out-of-control ponies in this site, the last thing I want to see is NL being destroy as well.

All hail Mad dictator jumping pony! It is really about keeping it sane and with common sense, isn't that right? Don't be a fanatic and chill out. It's only a TV show. It makes a nice hobby. When it's over the fandom and the characters will be cherished because of the experiences it carried, friends that we made. But nothing else. I was able to function as a human being long before I found Friendship is Magic, and I'll continue functioning when it's gone. And so on.

Retro_on_the_go gets another round of applause for post 10500. I really like the word respect: verb (used with object)
... 9. to hold in esteem or honor: I cannot respect a cheat.
10. to show regard or consideration for: to respect someone's rights.
11. to refrain from intruding upon or interfering with: to respect a person's privacy. ...
Definitions took from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/respect

Post 10497 made me laugh... Someone made some comments i found really offensive, but it'll be up for a discussion and thread derrailing. So I'll just leave it like that.

And to contibute something pony-related:
Untitled
I love this guy's works. He is a master of soft-shading and the lights are absolutely beautiful. Not to mention the cute ponies depicted.
Source: http://rom-art.deviantart.com/art/Evening-lights-320270949?q=...

EDIT: Aqueous: Wall of text! Flee for your lives!
EDIT the second: What's up with all those [/div] that appear just after a quote when editing a post? Well, whatever.

Edited on by AlbertoC

3DS FC: 4554 - 0221 - 1785

Syrup

@MasterGraveheart, Okay...
Quick recap of what has happened so far in the RP.
Heron was wondering around aimlessly for weeks, until he found himself in the middle of the Everfree Forest. There he ran into Pinkie Pie, who for some strange reason was hanging around there alone. After getting startled and running into a tree, Heron wakes up at Sugarcube Corner where Pinkie has thrown him a welcome party. After a bunch of things happen at the party, Heron decides that he must see the princess, to warn her of an impending doom that was most likely heading their way. After sitting around for a bit, the great threat that devoured Heron's village struck Ponyville, destroying a large portion of the town and eating most if not all of its citizens. Quickly, Heron and his new friends (Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Applebloom) all head to Sweet Apple Acres, to seek refuge from the hulking mas of violet. Heron quickly explains the origins of the Smooze, and suddenly, out of nowhere, Princes Celestia decides to stop by. After trying to fool everybody with a disguise, she tell everybody that she's trying to lay low for a bit. Somehow, the Smooze followed them to the Farm, so they start running yet again. But this time, some ponies climb out of the beast, and begin to chase them. Celestia decides that the best thing to do is to is to teleport to the Everfree Forest via a new method of teleportation....
And that is the RP so far!

@TeeJay, yep, it's a ponyfied MC BAT COMMANDER!

MrGameluvr

Hello everyone. Wow, lot of roleplaying going on in here. How is everyone and have I missed anything important/interesting? Also, what is this I hear about "hardcore dirty pony fans?"

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.
Nintendo Network ID: MrGameluvr92

Noob_The_Third

MrGameluvr wrote:

Hello everyone. Wow, lot of roleplaying going on in here. How is everyone and have I missed anything important/interesting? Also, what is this I hear about "hardcore dirty pony fans?"

Nothing. Just ignore @LordJumpMad

MrGameluvr

Moskyj wrote:

MrGameluvr wrote:

[/div]

Hmm...I don't believe I have seen you in this thread before. Are you a new brony? If so, welcome to the herd! If not, welcome to the thread!

Syrup

MrGameluvr wrote:

Roleplaying seems to help us pass the time and ease the boredom, so until Season 3 starts, which I hope that it is soon, expect to see a lot of it. As for anything important/interesting, @Sylverstone released a demo of his wonderful game: Pinkie Pie's Perilous Platforms. I highly recommend that you check that out. As for the Hardcore dirty pony fans, all I really can say is not to worry about them, since chances are, we will probably never see any of them in this thread. Mainly because posting stuff like R34 is against the rules.

MrGameluvr

SquiggleTail wrote:

MrGameluvr wrote:

[/div]

Roleplaying seems to help us pass the time and ease the boredom, so until Season 3 starts, which I hope that it is soon, expect to see a lot of it. As for anything important/interesting, @Sylverstone released a demo of his wonderful game: Pinkie Pie's Perilous Platforms. I highly recommend that you check that out. As for the Hardcore dirty pony fans, all I really can say is not to worry about them, since chances are, we will probably never see any of them in this thread. Mainly because posting stuff like R34 is against the rules.

Thank you for helping me catch up, SquiggleTail! Also, isn't there a my little pony fighting game in the works or was that cancelled?

Noob_The_Third

MrGameluvr wrote:

Moskyj wrote:

MrGameluvr wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Hmm...I don't believe I have seen you in this thread before. Are you a new brony? If so, welcome to the herd! If not, welcome to the thread!

Yeah I'm new. Brohoof.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.