Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 14,348

Aqueous

Well I guess I give. The characters are too cleverly written and funny to not be worth seeing, plus the animation is nice. It reminds me of what cartoons were, with over the top characters. I choose to watch the first episode for a psychology as I needed to watch 3 cartoons with female main character's and three with males looking for stereo types and a-typical stereo types that had to be gender specific. I watched the first one for the assignment and kept coming back to watch more each night for the characters and writing. I'm going to try and keep with with it now and join you ponies here.

I took the personality test i'll post my results once someone tells me or I figure out how to post it here.

(Edit: There use to be 3 comments before this one, somepony or ponies has removed them, around the time we got to post 7000, in an attempt to have it, which is why a previous post thinks it is the 1000th. Expect more of this as you progress. My guess is that we lost about 10-20 posts on this event. I'm afraid I don't know what has been lost, otherwise I would try to mention it, as it is too bad. There was alot of interesting stuff likely lost. Enjoy reading onwards - Aqueous)

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Syrup

Aqueous wrote:

Well I guess I give. The characters are too cleverly written and funny to not be worth seeing, plus the animation is nice. It reminds me of what cartoons were, with over the top characters. I choose to watch the first episode for a psychology as I needed to watch 3 cartoons with female main character's and three with males looking for stereo types and a-typical stereo types that had to be gender specific. I watched the first one for the assignment and kept coming back to watch more each night for the characters and writing. I'm going to try and keep with with it now and join you ponies here.

I took the personality test i'll post my results once someone tells me or I figure out how to post it here.

Untitled

This took longer than it should have...

EvilRegal

About 9 1/2 hours until ponies! I thought this was the Christmas ponies episode, but this is a Rarity Squiggle Tail episode. Description from IMDb.com:

Sweet and Elite
Rarity is faced with a decision: Stay with her friends or move to the high social life in Canterlot?

@Aqueous
Welcome to the herd is right! (brohoof!!!)

@TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsLiquidVolt
I just realized there's a kind of running joke with Twilight Sparkle's hair. She's had a scene now where something happened resulting in her having Pinkie Pie hair (Rainbow Dash raining on her, then air drying her), and now Rarity hairity (with the revelation of Spike's hairstyle fetish LOL)! So, she has Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy hairstyles yet to try, hee hee!

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Wildvine53

@Aqueous
Welcome to the Herd!

So my brother's friends came over last night, and he finally got on his Xbox. He played it pretty cool, and told his friends that I must have accidentally made my background his. After everypony left he laughed, then asked me to keep his fandom between us. Not exactly the reaction I was hoping for.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

grenworthshero

Okay, everypony, I finally changed my avatar. This is a big deal, since I've only changed it once since I first joined this site. I spent a few hours last week downloading every Pony episode from YouTube, so I have all of them at my fingertips, in glorious 1080p. New episode today!

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

TheKingOfTown

The new episode was great!

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

TeeJay

Omg I missed it again! I always have to play catch up on Youtube when these new episodes come out.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Syrup

In case it wasn't obvious before, Unicorns see the Earth Ponies as if they have some sort of mental deficiency or something, seriously.

Other than that disturbing detail, overall great episode, the song was nice and upbeat, the moral of the episode was also great too, plus, what was up with Twilight's dance?

Edited on by Syrup

Twilight_Crow

HEY EVERYPONY!! I'm back from Oblivion (College had me busy). and seriously guys you are spoilerific, but I still like you all . So, I'll be around untill you start talking about the future episodes descriptions. . I even made a new Pony theme for my Backloggery (link on sig), is good to be on vacation.

Oh I see new names, HELLO!! and @Aqueous Welcome to the Herd! I'm TC (Believe it or not the Twilight in my name was there before FiM), I love Ponies, and I love FanFiction of Ponies. I even wrote a little fic with Mechaphoenix (link on sig) for anyone who likes them too.

So that is what I mostly post here, like this: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/story-reapers-game.html
Awsome crossover with TWEWY.

Sweet and Elite was awesome by the way, I loved the song. We get to see so much from Canterlot, Rarity was great, Celestia being... just her, and how the Mane 6 behaved (OMC Twi's dancing).

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

TheKingOfTown

You'd think Twilight would fit in a little better than the other Pontville ponies in Canterlot since she's from there.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Aqueous

Thank you for the welcoming, but I still have no idea how to post images, anypony want to help? Also I had to go through the test again as they added a new question and put in a joke if you pick rock.

@SquiggleTail - what took so longer then it should have? My joining you here because I will be honest my original reaction to this show was disgust, the eyes got to me, something just bothers me about massive staring eyes but I got over it. Was it the amount of time I took to finally post here, not that you should know that before now. Or was it the length of the message with the drawing you put in response?

Syrup

Aqueous wrote:

Thank you for the welcoming, but I still have no idea how to post images, anypony want to help? Also I had to go through the test again as they added a new question and put in a joke if you pick rock.

@SquiggleTail - what took so longer then it should have? My joining you here because I will be honest my original reaction to this show was disgust, the eyes got to me, something just bothers me about massive staring eyes but I got over it. Was it the amount of time I took to finally post here, not that you should know that before now. Or was it the length of the message with the drawing you put in response?

What took to long was the drawing. Usually, something like that would take me at least 30 min, but that took me like an hour an half.

Aqueous

@SquiggleTail - ok I was wondering about what you meant, how did you mange to post it i can't make pictures appear on the forums.

Twilight_Crow

@Aqueous Hi, are you asking for the code to post images? here:
[ img ] image address [ /img ] (without spaces)

A piece of advice, if you see anything posted in the forums, like smilies or videos, just click Quote in that post, you can see the code that way.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

TeeJay

KaiserGX wrote:

YESGRENSWORTH! I can't tell what TJ's avatar is... I am going to assume it's Spike....

It's nothing pony related, sorry. XD It's Bass from the Megaman series, but as a sleeping baby. I realize it's hard to see it...I'm going to change it when I get the chance

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.