Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 9,521 to 9,540 of 14,348

TheDreamingHawk

II is better. Why? It has EPIC SAD MUSIC

Sadly the only roadblock is to not get bullied for me, as I do get bullied over nintendo a LOT because I don't like Call of Poopy.

There are pony fans in my school, but they like Pony vore more than the show, so I don't want to end up in that whirlpool of weirdness.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Twilight_Crow

@GuardianKing Of course you can join the RP, but to avoid what happened we put rules and your pony goes against the rules. If you don't want to follow the rules, what can we do?

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

TeeJay

GuardianKing wrote:

I'm sorry, but I have this weird obsession to make my characters powerful, well known, and walking a thing edge between hero and villain.

So basically you tend to make your characters Mary Sues.

That's quite the opposite of my characters. They're neutral but generally good ponies with backstories but no affiliation really. Ponies you might see in the background of the actual show. I like them that way.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Syrup

TeeJay wrote:

GuardianKing wrote:

I'm sorry, but I have this weird obsession to make my characters powerful, well known, and walking a thing edge between hero and villain.

So basically you tend to make your characters Mary Sues.

That's quite the opposite of my characters. They're neutral but generally good ponies with backstories but no affiliation really. Ponies you might see in the background of the actual show. I like them that way.

Actually, that sounds like Batman to me.

And, basically all of my OC's are me but with a hat or a beard. It's just easier that way.

TeeJay

SquiggleTail wrote:

Actually, that sounds like Batman to me.

My characters or GuardianKing's?

Because if you're talking about mine, my characters aren't rich or go crusading vigilante style in the dead of the night. They're just a pony and his bro who own and live in a bookstore. One likes to admire Luna's constellations at night, but that's it.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

GuardianKing

@TeeJay On the contrary, my characters are nothing like Mary Sues. They have flaws and weaknesses, but on a much larger scale. The whole idea with **ahem** every character I make is to have this obviously overpowered (or potentially overpowered) person, but having them not fight for good. None of my characters are "heroes", they just fight for what they believe is right. Each one of my characters has a different set of morales, and each one is more prone to becoming a bad guy than the other.

The whole idea with my characters is that they have power (to varying extents), and look at all the bad in the world, and wonder what stops them from ruling it themselves.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Syrup

GuardianKing wrote:

@TeeJay On the contrary, my characters are nothing like Mary Sues. They have flaws and weaknesses, but on a much larger scale. The whole idea with **ahem** every character I make is to have this obviously overpowered (or potentially overpowered) person, but having them not fight for good. None of my characters are "heroes", they just fight for what they believe is right. Each one of my characters has a different set of morales, and each one is more prone to becoming a bad guy than the other.

The whole idea with my characters is that they have power (to varying extents), and look at all the bad in the world, and wonder what stops them from ruling it themselves.

Untitled

Lunapplebloom

@GuardianKing We all like to RP, but the things your character does and knows does not fit Equestria. In Equestria there is no Centennial Earth, and no scythe wings. We need to fit the mold that has been laid and not deviate from it that much.

@TeeJay I don't think Squiggles is talking about yours. You do an awesome job of making them fit, with only tiny liberties, if any.

Oh and something @SquiggleTail requested. (Don't ask me why.)
Untitled

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

GuardianKing

@Applejacklove I know they don't but it's the only way to let you guys know about a certain character of mine. I mean it's not like you actually care about where they came from, and click on the links in my signature to at least glance over their original context.

And no, I'm not trying to promote myself by saying this. I'm dead serious. That's the whole reason I spent a month on Foals of Eden on FiMFiction in the first place; to introduce a character to a larger, existing fan base. Of course, we all know how that went...

Edited on by GuardianKing

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Eel

You started by saying

GuardianKing wrote:

@TeeJay On the contrary, my characters are nothing like Mary Sues.

But then you pretty much described various known types of Mary Sues.

Why don't you try to make a character loosely based on yourself? You know, just another pony in ponyville, no super powers, no interesting historical backstory, stuff like that?

I know that in things like this everyone wants to be special, you're human, But if the other people you want to play with will refrain from being super special, then you probably should too.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ToastyYogurt

@TheDreamingHawk: I just saw your post about people bullying you for liking Pokemon and all that. I might not be able to relate as much (when a new Pokemon game comes out, you can see people in my school bringing DSes and playing during lunchtime), no one needs to know that you like this show. And most people don't catch subtle references. I even changed my Steam profile pic to a picture of Spike with a Mustache, and none were the wiser to it being from a show about candy-colored ponies. So if you just don't say anything about and don't wear any Pony Shirts (well, at least not in public), nobody shall know. And don't worry about your friends judging you. I told a friend I was a brony once (I even knew he hated bronies, a few seconds before I said anything ) and while he calls it my "only fault," it hasn't affected our friendship, other than the fact that I can annoy him by saying "Well, friendship is magic."

@Aqueous: No prob.

@GuardianKing: We know you're just trying to get your character known, but you already did that enough with your fan fic. And in your fan fic, it's your world, anything goes. Knock yourself out on that field. But when it comes to RPing, we all share this world, and if somebody tries to rule the story by just changing everything and making sure everything goes his/her way, it ruins it for all of us. It's fine if we go a bit outside the box, but we don't want someone breaking the window of the box with a Ferrari in his mad pursuit to get as far away from it as possible. If Horus was just a regular unicorn without godly powers and ideals, we wouldn't have a problem with him. Also, what @Morphtroid said.

"Eat you? Oh, silly! You're not a cake! ....Are you okay?"

The cloaked man wakes up in a bed in a circular, yellow colored room, decorated in a sweets-and-balloons theme. On the left side, there was a closet with a balloon stamped on each door, and a lantern. On the right side was a gigantic ice cream cone and a record player. In the middle of the room, right in front of him.... was Pinkie Pie, smiling as wide as ponily possible. Then, out of nowhere, as many ponies as could fit in the room popped out from every possible nook and cranny and yelled "SURPRISE!"
"Hi! You're awake!" exclaimed Pinkie. "A tree hit you in the head and you fell down asleep, so I brought you here into my room, and then I had an idea to throw you this party! I'm Pinkie Pie! What's your name?"

EDIT: Added something to the RP post. If you didn't read anything about a party, read it again please!

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Lunapplebloom

It would be great to be able to do some racing again, though I can't myself because of technical issues with my internet for Pony Kart 7 In Australia. Everything else works except that for while I'm here. I tired multiple things, but nothing worked, so I will have to sit tight till I get back to the States.

@TheDreamingHawk Yeah, don't worry about the naysayers. @Destroyer64 sums it up nicely.

@GuardianKing What @Morphtroid says is true. Just be a regular pony based on yourself, and then we can all play on an even field.

Before she made her way to town, Applebloom remembered that she needed to deliver some apples to Twilight's library. She had almost forgot about the weekly delivery. She rushes back and grabs some apples and a basket from the Apple families house and heads out the door, being careful not to drop one along the way.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

TheDreamingHawk

Good... Now I can be in the dragon's den in peace. I just got to stay away from my classmates who like to do Pony vore and other weird stuff.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.