Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 9,301 to 9,320 of 14,348

TeeJay

Okay, so I recently discovered the magic of Tumblr, and all the Ask [insert pony here] blogs that is has, and I found a Big Mac one. (Because Big Mac is obviously best pony.) I submitted questions and they were all answered! It's like I'm actually communicating with Big Mac, it's fun. n_n

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

geek-master

i could see how this current generation of children's programming is enjoyable with pop culture references and all. but really the master artist will and always be pbs. shows like cyber chase, dragon tails, and arthor are well balanced entertainment with life lessons and educational value.

seriously the only my little pony episode i have seen was the one where spike wants to join the great migration. and we see teenage dragons...
yeah i searched up the word dragon and my little pony together because i have a fascination with dragons. yeah i will stick with dragon tails sorry.

Edited on by geek-master

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

Syrup

@geek-master, in reality, My Little Pony has transcended the whole "children's programing" thing. It has evolved into something much greater than that. Something that people of all ages (and genders) can easily enjoy. True, some of the programing that's on PBS/PBS Kids is quite entertaining to watch (I'm a fan of the new Electric Company.), but Friendship is Magic easily beats all of those shows in my book. With extremely catchy musical numbers, terrific writing, with equally terrific animation, great moral lessons, and an overall likable cast, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the show that every boy and girl should be watching.

@TeeJay, that's pretty awesome. I haven't really been following much of the "Ask (Insert pony Here)" Tumblr's. I ysed to read Ask Princess Molestia when it started, but I haven't checked that since Season 2 started.

Have some Fluttershy.
Untitled
Source

This one took around an hour and a half on nonstop work to finish.

Rocossa

@geek-master Well, that one is like, the worst episode in the series IMO.

Oh, and @Squiggle, I've been meaning to say this for a long time, but I absolutely love everything you draw. Seriously, keep it up.

Edited on by Rocossa

Rocossa

JustAnotherUser

@Sylverstone It's looking looking good. You have some real talent.

I have a few questions if that's all right.
Are you going to change the lives text to "Lives *Pinkie Head?
Are you going to change the bits text to "Bits *Picture of Bit"
Is the frame rate choppy due to the recording program you used?

Edited on by JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser

Wildvine53

@Sylverstone The game is looking good! I especially like Pinkie's Running animation.

I'm not a huge fan of Humanized ponies, but I really like this one.
Untitled
source

Edited on by Wildvine53

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

MasterGraveheart

geek-master wrote:

i could see how this current generation of children's programming is enjoyable with pop culture references and all. but really the master artist will and always be pbs. shows like cyber chase, dragon tails, and arthor are well balanced entertainment with life lessons and educational value.

seriously the only my little pony episode i have seen was the one where spike wants to join the great migration. and we see teenage dragons...
yeah i searched up the word dragon and my little pony together because i have a fascination with dragons. yeah i will stick with dragon tails sorry.

Honestly? I'm so out of touch with pop culture that most of them probably go right by me as I watch. I enjoy the show for well-rounded characters, wonderful storytelling, GENUINE life lessons, a vibrant animation style, tremendous voice acting, and a thriving community of amazing artists and fans. All this which, I'm sorry to say, is scarce to non-existent with the shows you mentioned before.

Now, if you don't mind me saying, I think the fact that you've only watched one episode, one of the weaker episodes at that, I'm not sure it's entirely right for you to talk about comparative educational value and the "entertainment" topic is entirely subjective. If you want a glimpse at some of the better educational episodes, I strongly suggest "Applebuck Season," "Dragonshy," "Lesson Zero," "Green Isn't Your Color," "Read It and Weep," "The Last Roundup," and "Putting Your Hoof Down." For pure entertainment, I strongly suggest the three two-parter episodes including "Return of Harmony" and especially "A Canterlot Wedding."

Wildvine53 wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of Humanized ponies, but I really like this one.
Untitled
source

My rule of fan art goes as follows.

Pony art: Perfectly acceptable... usually.

Humanized versions of ponies with no evident animal parts: Acceptable. Many are good quality, too.

Anthromorphic art: 9 times out of 10? Keep 'em.

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

Aqueous

Rather then catch up properly,
Untitled
I kid,
@Everypony - Sorry, I haven't checked since July started but I found a few images I planned to share a while ago, I'll post them now
I held on this one for a while by mistake, http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&a...

@Applejacklove - Poor Applejack

@SylverStone - Nice, hope it was lots of fun and thank you for sharing

@GuardianKing - How did you mange to capture a Fluttershy!?
Cute picture of filly Pinkie and Twilight

@SquiggleTail - Funniest thing I think he's done.
Ponies in 2001? Excellent!
Neat coins I mean bits

@ElectricMastro - Nice find, Pinkie sure has alot of cannons

@Twilight_Crow - I saw that one but never clicked on it, I'll read it later.
Also poor Rainbow Dash.
Twilight-fan video, cute. Reminds me I found this one,

@LztheBlahBird - I'd imagen, it takes a better episode and more then 5 minutes to get it.

@AlbertoC - Cute Fluttershy

@Wildvine - Beautiful Celestia picture
Nice Trixie piece

@Sony_70 - Nice piece you found there

@MasterGraveheart - Remember last time? There are no more post number grabs

@Parasprites - Since the removal of our last 3, it is nice to see more of you. Always bringing me a smile

Now speaking of parasprites, let's do this to everypony
Untitled

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Lunapplebloom

Hello everypony. I'm sorry I dropped off the radar again without officially making it known before hand. Just had a fantastic week with some friends, and relatives. It was kinda sad to see them go for now, but in any case on to ponies.

Without being spoiling to other people, the animation was really stellar in that comic-con showing, though I'll pass for that second one they have generously allowed us to see. I gotta save some surprises for myself. All in all, season 3 is looking up and I can't wait to watch it. Also awesome they are going to finally make a comic for this show. I'll be picking it up along with my Sonic comics each month when it finally comes. They also couldn't have chosen a better artist for the job. This guys stuff is awesome, especially this pic.
Untitled
SOURCE

@TwilightPoint That's some great stuff you added to your deviantart page. My favorite new addition is Smarty Pants. He is the best stuffed figure ever.

@SquiggleTail awesome job on those art pieces you have been making. You have a great talent that seems to keep getting better and better with each piece.

@Sylverstone Excellent job so far on your game, and congrats on having it be shown at Pone3. My niggles with it are the same as @TwilightPoint's, but looking good. Can't wait to try it sometime.

@TeeJay That's great. I never have really thought of asking questions on tumbler before. Guess maybe I should take a peek sometime. Also those do seem to be how he would answer those.

@AlbertoC Great picture. You seem to be falling into your own art style for them.

@TwilightCrow lol That's awesome. I'll have to look into that story there at some point, but I really need to finish that other story I'm on.

@FluttershyGuy Your excitement for season 3 is making me even more excited.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

GuardianKing

@Applejacklove I'm feel kind of bad for asking this, but could your brother @Big_Mac take the picture he had designed of my OC Horus and humanize it (Same haircut and eye symbol, but wearing jeans, a black t-shirt under a large, white overcoat with his eye emblem on the back and three leather straps on each forearm)?
I actually need it since I've begun rewriting a totally non-pony story involving my OC Horus. I'm thinking about presenting it to the Novel Month thingy in my town, and he'll be the cover. (Also, I forgot to mention he has 2 scythes (he actually is the scythe, but that's another story). Nothing that fancy about the scythes, just standard black blade and grey blades. I don't want him to spend too much of his time on it, with me being unable to pay digitally and stuff...)

I'll be fine if he decides not to (having no pay to pay him virtually and stuff), but I'd greatly appreciate it if he did (also, a pencil made 'draft' before actually coloring it would be nice too, but that feels like pushing it...)

Edited on by GuardianKing

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Sylverstone

TwilightPoint wrote:

@Sylverstone It's looking looking good. You have some real talent.

I have a few questions if that's all right.
Are you going to change the lives text to "Lives *Pinkie Head?
Are you going to change the bits text to "Bits *Picture of Bit"
Is the frame rate choppy due to the recording program you used?

[/div]

Sure, I'll take any questions!

• I'm hoping to make changes to the HUD, but for now, it's text-based. I do plan to replace those words with what you suggested.
  • That was the recorder's fault. I don't use Camtasia anymore (it was a trial anyway), so I hope my new recorder does a better job. The game runs at a very consistent 60FPS, which only changes depending on the speed on your machine. My old netbook had it around 30FPS, and my new laptop (along with the Macs at my former high school) capped it at 60FPS so it's definitely the fault of Camtasia.

Edited on by Sylverstone

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.