Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 8,421 to 8,440 of 14,348

Dragonfly224

My sis got me hooked on this show. Its actually pretty good! I really enjoyed the 'Royal Wedding' episode!

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

Eel

Oh no Pinkie, what have you done?!
[youtube:wXIHH6C61I0]

Also, the real ending to the Pony Wedding:
[youtube:y-1dyaFyDLk]

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JustAnotherUser

@Dragonfly224 Welcome to the herd.
I hope you enjoy your stay at Bronylife... I mean the pony topic ON Nintendolife...

JustAnotherUser

Wildvine53

@DragonFly224 The Royal Wedding was a spectacular episode, btw your Avatar is awesome!

Enjoy some darker Cadence everyone!
Untitled

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Syrup

SteamMistwalker wrote:

Hey guys i dont know if there is a thread about this so i figured id start one!

I just started watching this show and i am totally hooked on it for some reason! i am a 32 year old male!!
Anyone else out there in the same boat?

Ah, yes... Exactly one year ago today, NintendoLife user @SteamMistwalker decided to grace this website with a thread known as My Little Pony: Magic in Friends.
And, after a year, and over 9000 posts and 450 pages, the thread's title has yet to be fixed....
But, that is besides the point.... No, actually, I would like to thank this thread. Without this thread, I would've never thought that I'd chatting with @Aqueous, or @Tare, or even @Twilight_Crow over Skype, discussing various different projects, among other things.
I would've never thought of making comics welcoming people with me throwing up.
So, thank you, @SteamMistwalker, and thank you thread, for bringing all of us together.

And, welcome, @Dragonfly224.

CorporalPegasus

One year alredy? Still not dead? Still not the correct title?

IGOR!

ToastyYogurt

Welcome, @Dragonfly224! Nice avatar!

So, it's been a year since this thread started, huh? I remember my first post here....

Destroyer64 wrote:

Square-enixFan wrote:

CaptainH wrote:

xDemon720x wrote:

Thegame wrote:

ChiyoKat wrote:

Roopa132 wrote:

No.

Uh, let's remember my second post instead....

Destroyer64 wrote:

SquiggleTail wrote:

SquiggleTail wrote:

Since it's two more weeks until the new episode, here are some of the episode you have can look forward to.

Episode 12
Season 2, Episode 12: Family Appreciation Day
Air Date: January 7th, 2012
Synopsis: Apple Bloom doesn't want Granny Smith to embarrass her by speaking in her class.

Episode 13
Season 2, Episode 12: Baby Cakes
Air Date: January 12th, 2012
Synopsis: Pinkie Pie tries babysitting Cake's twin toddlers but finds it harder than she thought.

Episode 14
Season 2, Episode 14: The Last Roundup
Air Date: January 21st, 2012
Synopsis: Applejack disappears and the friends set out on a journey to find her

Episode 15
Season 2, Episode 15: The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000
Air Date: January 28th, 2012
Synopsis: The Flim Flam brothers challenge the Apples to a Cider Making Contest for the farm.

Is it just me, or does episode 13 sound a lot like Stare Master, but with Pinkie Pie instead of Fluttershy and the Cake twins over the Cutie Mark Crusaders? Could it be the FIRST PONY REHASH?!

On an unrelated note, I am addicted to this show and I can't seem to stop watching...

Man, subtlety....

When I was younger, I never thought I was going to own not one, but TWO McDonald's My Little Pony toys, or that I'd actually get caught into a show like this. But here I am.

And this thread, this thread is awesome, and is actually the only thread I visit on a regular basis. Everybody gets so close together in this thread. Before I joined the herd and became a regular member of the thread, I was never part of a forum RP, or part of a voice dub, or talking to people I didn't know in person online. What's great about this thread is that everypony just.... connects to each other, all because we share a strange obsession with a TV show for little girls.

Happy anniversary, everypony. Let's party.
Untitled

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

MrGameluvr

Sucks to hear that Nocturne is fake. Though it is good to hear that the voice actor of Discord has been asked to come back.

Also I see we have some new members to the herd! Welcome new bronies! May your stay in our herd be long, enjoyable, and full of laughs.

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.
Nintendo Network ID: MrGameluvr92

Aqueous

@Dragonfly224 - Welcome to the Herd!

@GuardianKing - Okay, tell me when your ready. Though I'm not sure if I'll be able to get far if it is that dark again.

@AlbertoC - Severs me right for letting go of the A button. Sorry I had to go but flash red lights are the boss of my online time. I'll race you again soon, now that the glitches are done and over with. I'll get you again soon.

@MasterGraveheart - Love what you have been up to lately.

@TeeJay - Based on older posts I'm guessing things will be slower for the summer but not dead

Well the forum is a year old and I have a little over 15 minutes to comment on this fact before by my clock I'm late to do so.

• Firstly, thank you @SteamMistwalker for starting this thread and keeping it despite all the initial spite
    Secondly, Thank you @theblackdragon for keeping this place clean, not locking the thread and for the best possible thing for adding to a comment. "PONIES PONIES PONIES"
    Well at everypony it has been fun here over the past few months. Never would have expected that I would enjoy a show with ponies, nor find such a welcoming and friendly place for chatting about them. Nor would I have guessed I would make a few online friends here either. It has been a blast on Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus: Uprising with you. Also I have ran into some great writing and artistic talent I would have never expected from such a cartoon's fan base. Finding @Twilight_Crow's writing has been a real treat, that I'll keep watching where ever she takes it. Also joining in the projects here of @RevolverFlare has been a most interesting experience. Skyping, emailling and swapnoting everypony has been unreal and although I'm slow, I'll keep on drawing ponies for you guys here. "Well I guess I give." Strange looking back at those words for the start of my first post, like this would be dreadful, instead of the delight it is. Well it's been a while since Nov. 29th for me. Though I have done nothing for today as I ran out of time, I did do this,
    Untitled
    you'll see why soon

Edit: Looks like I just made the end of the day too, lol

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

AlbertoC

Untitled
And i'll even leave you with a clickable link for the source.
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&a...
As the artist's username is x-chan- (with that score at the end) if you try to reach it you will most likely get rejected by your browser. Try searching for it.
It well took me 15 minutes to arrive to the full-sized image.

Edited on by AlbertoC

3DS FC: 4554 - 0221 - 1785

Lunapplebloom

I'm going to follow a trend with what people have been doing, and putting in my first post on this thread.

Applejacklove wrote:

Hey! I have been following this thread for awhile And was wondering if I could join you guys

There. It had no real deep meaning behind it, just that I had been mildly following the place for a while. I had been snickering that a bunch of people were actually watching a show about what my sister had been playing with when she was seven. Little did I know that my whole perspective would be changed when I finally decided to watch the first episode. While not the greatest in the series in my opinion, I was instantly hooked. There was some actual plot to it, and not just a bunch of rainbow colored ponies that were having tea parties, and contests that everyone won. And now here I am, almost five months in and still liking it. I have said this before, but I'll say it again. Thank you @everypony for managing to keep this thread going for a whole year, and hopefully at least a few more years to come. I know I am now a day late, but Happy One Year Anniversary.

@Dragonfly224 Welcome to the NL herd. I do believe celebrations are in order. Bring in the welcome wagon.
[youtube:Ix7vrluEm4E]

@AlbertoC Awesome artwork finds, AlbertoC. You really have some great sources. And Morpheel is right, the last one does have a G3 feeling to it, but totally more awesome.

@Aqueous Awesome drawings there, Aqueous. As for your speech, I found it quite touching. I love hearing other peoples takes on this place, and there favorite memories. Your text pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

@MrGameluvr I know Discord is one of my favorite villains. (Though nobody can top the Joker from Batman in my book, he does come rather close.)

@Destroyer64 What you say is true, We all just connect over some strange obsession. Maybe it's because others don't quite understand, and we get so much flack from uneducated people. Anyways Great picture. I never thpught you were one of the ones from way back who said no. I must have forgot.

@Morpheel I agree with your statement. It just wouldn't be the same, plus it gives us a slight distinction. Though when I was searching for the show to watch it, I used the title of the thread. I saw that other vid sometime before, but that the other is new to me. I'll try to see it at some point.

@RevolverFlare I never would have thought that I would be doing any of these different things either. And it's all thanks to some guy I never even me, and I'll probably never see again, unless he suddenly came back. I'll consider a donation.

@MasterGraveheart Nice meme. And you did it with best pony, so you get extra points for that. Your work has been voted up by me.

@Wildvine53 Nice pic, It's interesting to see her in a different light.

Also @Aqueous, I thought that you might like this. (And anyone else who enjoys a good Looney Tunes cartoon.)

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Macattack

Thank you, @SteamMistwalker, wherever you are! Oh, the memories this cult has given me... Why, I remember my very first post in this thread...

Big_Mac wrote:

Hey there, everyone. I don't wish to join this cult… I just wanted to say that I've found some of the posts in this thread quite amusing and I wish you all the best of luck with your role playing.

It figures though, as I am now part of the role-playing. xD Good times... Actually, if it weren't for Applejacklove showing me this thread, I might never have gotten involved with the welovefine contest come to think of it.
@Aqueous and @MasterOveranalysis, while you've both really fun to talk to, you're also a pillar of sensibility in the midst of @RevolverFace's and @Retro_ontheGo's constant nonsense. ^^ (jk- don't take it too seriously) @Trollestia_Crow, you are one of the best writers I've ever had the pleasure of meeting on a forum... and the best trolling Celestia rp-er ever! @AlbertoC, your critique on my Derpy picture has forever changed how I view pony anatomy, and thank you for sharing your artistic skills with not only me, but everyone else too. @Applejacklove, you're my brother, so I have nothing to say to you. @Destroyer64, you're the best Pinkie Pie rp-er a brony could ever ask for. (though I might be exaggerating, since I'm obviously not one of them) @RevolverFace, your throw-up comics never cease to crack me up, and you're one of the best comic/cartoon artists I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. @Aqueous, I still have your welcome comic saved on my computer… Thanks for your friendly and encouraging comments and for being one of the first people to truly welcome me into the 'herd'. Buob, you're certainly no chicken, but you make an excellent Scootaloo. @GuardianKing, thank you for sharing your writing skills and for being an active and friendly part of this thread. @LeCorporal, you've made this thread at least 20% cooler. @Wildvine, you're as honest as Applejack. @Tee_Jay, you're the one who inspired me to waste even more time practicing on MK7 even though you knew I'd never beat you. @Blue_Ace, you've got one heck of a cool name. @Nintengirl, you're one of the few females who still post in this thread. @Morpheel… what is this I don't even
@anyoneIveforgotten: I haven't forgotten you! lolwut

I love the colors in that Celestia/Luna picture! ^^

Edited on by Macattack

"Bye squiggleTail. You were like an online pony father to me or something." - Retro-on-theGo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.