Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 7,941 to 7,960 of 14,348

Aqueous

@Jarvan - So I say again?

Twilight_Crow wrote:

Celestia's eyes became as cold as ice. "Wait just a second there... Are you... isinuating that THE RESPECTABLE ART OF DEALING CARDS ON A SERIOUS GAMBLING GAME LIKE BLACK JACK, IT IS IN ANY WAY LIKE JUGGLING?!!!" She stared at Twilight, with the strenght of the sun itself.Her mane flared a bit.

Drops her tea cup to the floor, splashing a small amount of tea outwards with the tinkle of broken china. Having lost her magic from the sudden out burst. "Cel-Celestia I-I never mentioned a thing about gambling. Oh, is that was this is? Are you addicted to gambling? Las Pegasus, the secrecy, leaving the throne. It-it all makes sense now. Celestia, how? Why? What happened?"

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

ToastyYogurt

GuardianKing wrote:

Saevin: Excuse me miss (check the last post, we were already in manehattan) do you know when the next train boarding Canterlot will come?
Drops fragment of Centennial Earth (small piece of rock)

"Um, I think it will come around in an hour. Hey, you dropped something! Ooooh, what is it?"

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

GuardianKing

Pinkie touches fragment. The rock starts glowing. Coated in a white layer, she could see herself in the stone.
Saevin: It's nothing.
Holds out his hoof.
Saevin: Um... Could you give it back? Hello?
waves his hoof between her and the object.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

ToastyYogurt

GuardianKing wrote:

Pinkie touches fragment. The rock starts glowing. Coated in a white layer, she could see herself in the stone.
Saevin: It's nothing.
Holds out his hoof.
Saevin: Um... Could you give it back? Hello?
waves his hoof between her and the object.

Pinkie is mesmerized from the rock.
Untitled
"Soo.... pretty...."

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.

Tare

Ah yes, don't forget to vote.

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

ToastyYogurt

Pinkie stays mesmerized at the rock, then falls asleep. The rock falls to the ground.

I'm pretty okay.

GuardianKing

Saevin; That's... New. Usually, Centennial Earth awaken the evil in one.
Picks up rock
Saevin; She must be really pure for having resisted the effects of the fragment. Aeden tends to bring out the bad in people
Lays Pinkie on a chair
Saevin; Better make sure she's in good condition when she wakes up.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

Syrup

Revolver comes back holding two cups of Pony Joe's Cup o' Joe.

"Look Pinkie! They had this neat little stand that sells Pony Joe's coffee!["

He notices Pinkie being put on a chair by a mysterious looking pony.

"Hey! HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!", yelled Revolver.
As he approached them, he seemed to recognize the mysterious colt.

"S-Saevin? Is that you"

EvilRegal

The season finale was SO... AWESOME... I'm totally blown away! @Bimmy_and_Jimmy , your reaction post pretty much sums it up for me (though I was more into the wedding than those guys, I did shed manly tears...). Suspected it would be something special with Spike awesomely hurdling the stream, and Princess Celestia's letter assigning duties to the Mane 6 (Rarity cracked me up with her reaction, so did Pinkie Pie with her cartwheel ). Twilight Sparkle was just in rare form for both episodes! We got so many pony euphemisms from Twilight while she was mad at Shining Armor, to add to "flying feather!" So much goodness packed into those two episodes (wrapped it up kind of quickly, but I guess that was unavoidable). Spike playing with the wedding cake ponies is like a shout out to us Bronies who buy and play with their ponies (um... everypony else DOES play with their ponies too, don't they?... blush).

One disappointment has to be that we never got to see stripper ponies for the bachelor party Spike was to throw! Ok, another was seeing Princess Celestia beaten! How could that happen??? I know, for the sake of the plot, but still it's INCONCEIVABLE (apologies to Vizzini)!!! That brief battle with the Queen felt like a Revenge of the Sith reference to the battle between Yoda and Emperor Palatine, where they were on the tiny platform together, trying to blast each other away.

A couple of other references I noticed. Anybody who's finished Super Mario World, did you recognize the huge, heart-shaped firework from the ending? Awesome Mario week. New Super Mario Bros. 2 announced, and a MLP: FiM reference!!!

The second reference is FAR more obscure, that perhaps only a fan of Christopher Guest films would recognize. Or in my case, a fan of his films AND more so my personal Goddess of 13 years, Parker Posey! In the flashback to Cadence foalsitting Twilight (That was SOOOOOOOO adorable!!!), there is a scene with a couple bickering. Cadence uses a love spell to end the argument. The couple, I'm 99.9999% sure, is a reference to a couple from the 2000 Christopher Guest movie "Best in Show" (probably his most-recognized film), played by Parker Posey and Michael Hitchcock. They're a high-strung, often bickering couple that has a dog entered in the Mayflower Dog Show. The ponies from the aforementioned scene look JUST LIKE THEM (especially the female pony with bowl-shaped hairstyle and brown eyes, whom I official dub Parker Poney ), and the arguing just seals it. Video below for comparison (I don't have a pic of the ponies, but hopefully ED will have one I can post). The first clip especially shows how much the ponies from the season finale look like the arguing couple.
[youtube:2_KrSWI8F2E]
Much more obscure than, for example, the Big Lebowski reference, but still cool. Especially since my favorite actress has officially been ponified! I gotta mention this find at ED!!! Not sure how they could make a Best in Show reference without mentioning Busy Bee, though...

Finally, the Mane 6 fight scene is truly one of the most incredible things I've seen in my life! I've lost track how many times I've watched the previously posted montage...
Untitled

SQUEE times infinity!!! There's enough awesome just in that scene to get me through the rest of the year, and hopefully at least until the season 3 debut (now begins the long wait...)! Speaking of SQUEE, there was SO... MUCH... SQUEE in this episode, including the first I can remember from Applejack! I believe all of the Mane 6 have now SQUEED before!

How am I gonna survive without new poniez every week???

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Syrup

"It's a long story, Saevin. That's why me and Pinkie are here; to solve this crazy mystery.

He looks at Pinkie, who's getting chomped on by Gummi.

"Speaking of which, what happened to her?"

EvilRegal

Alright, everypony, MLP is in the semifinals against Dexter's Laboratory. The latest quarterfinal is ending, and there'll be one more best-of-nine votes quarterfinal, then MLP is up! We'll really have to step up our game in the semifinals, and finals if MLP beats Dexter. The deeper we get, the more haters are likely to show up and vote against MLP, not because they like the other show better, but because they just want to eliminate MLP. The semifinal round won't be first-to x number of votes, it's time based over 12 hours I believe. So, we'll need a sustained presence at the thread over a course of hours. Let's be ready to show them the Power of Friendship & the Power of Pony, everypony!

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

GuardianKing

Saevin: Whatever you do, Don't pick up that...
Revolver picks up Centennial Earth fragment in order to hand it back to Saevin.
Saevin: rock... Feather. ANd he's human, which can't make things any better.
Rock starts glowing. Revolver can see his reflection in the stone.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

Syrup

"Uh... What's the deal with this rock? Is it supposed to do something 'mystical'? I guess it doesn't affect me, since I'm a ghostie."

He gives the rock back to Saevin, and starts poking Pinkie

GuardianKing

Saevin: Phew... I thought he'd go maverick and destroy everything. Let's not repeat the Extinction incident again...
Revolver: Did you say something?
Saevin: Oh me? nah, nevermind that. Pinkie's just asleep. Tell me first though; does Pinkie have an "evil" side?

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

ToastyYogurt

Pinkie giggles as Revolver pokes her. Her eyes open. "Oh, hey Chubby! Where are we?"

I'm pretty okay.

Syrup

@GranolaKing, can you not do my lines for me? It's not that I don't like it, it just disrupts the whole flow of the RP.

What an odd pony, thought Revolver.

He continued to poke Pinkie, but was startled when he heard her giggle.

"Pinkie! You're awake! We're already in Manehattan!

Edited on by Syrup

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.