Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 7,921 to 7,940 of 14,348

Syrup

Destroyer64 wrote:

"Um, okee dokee lokee! Well, we better catch that train so we can catch my excersized sole thing!" Pinkie and Revolver begin to leave. Pinkie sees Gummi licking the electoplasm. "Oh Gummi! You must be hungry! Here!" Pinkie grabs a donut and gives it to Gummi.

Revolver and Pinkie both head down to the train station, and board the next train to Manehattan. While in the train, Revolver looks out the window to help pass the time.

Then, suddenly, he sees something shocking.

A train passes by them, and inside of that train, was a man that looked exactly like Revolver.

"Uh...Ah..."

"What's wrong? You look like you've just seen a ghost, sir." said the train stewardess

While he should be annoyed by that comment, Revolver merely brushes it off.
"Uh... May I ask where the train that passed us is going?"
"To Ponyville."
"Oh... Thanks..."

What's going on?, thinks Revolver, with a very stern look on his face

The train comes to a stop, and a man that looks like Revolver steps out

Yet, the man wasn't Revolver. He was in fact a she. A she known by some as the Anti-Pinkie.

Anti-Pinkie had come to Ponyville to try and take over her old host, the original Pinkie Pie. Her current body was slowly being eaten away by a nest of Parasprites.

EvilRegal

@Everypony
Going by the bracket, MLP vs. Futurama will be the next quarterfinal match up in the best cartoon tournament thread. The previous match up should be over vote-wise now, and MLP/Futurama would be ongoing with the tournament conductor's next post.

I haven't gotten to watch the season finale yet, with tons of school work that's needed urgent attention. I'll be glad when classes are over in a couple of weeks, but now ponies are officially on break too!

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

CorporalPegasus

Im confused, are 2 RPs going on? Also, can i join one?

IGOR!

MasterGraveheart

Okay, everybrony, I promised you my thoughts on the season finale, so here they are. I'll try to keep them to a minimum, but some things I do want to talk about, so SPOILER ALERT.

The first thing to talk about is Shining Armor, the newly revealed brother of Twilight Sparkle. A lot of people are crying "Mary Sue" with him. Honestly, I do have to admit that I see a bit of self-insert fanfic character in him, but y'know, I think that may just be the cynic in me talking. Is it impossible to believe that someone like Twilight has a brother who strives to be upstanding in his endeavors? So, I give him a break. All things considered, I thought he was pretty decent. Not nearly a memorable character, but he served his purpose for the episode just fine.

Next up is Princess Cadence. Again, a bit of a "Mary Sue" vibe coming from most fans about her, but like Shining Armor, I'm giving her a break. Mary Sue characters only bother me if they're the focal point of the series, which she and Shining Armor aren't. They're the focus of a two-parter, so, no, any alleged Mary Sue-ness should not be terribly frowned upon. It's not like these two are going to be replacing any of the Mane 6 going forward and their roles moving forward may not even pass that of other one-off characters like Prince Blueblood or Fancy Pants.

The villain of the two-parter was the Changeling Queen. While not particularly memorable after her reveal, she had one of the better villain songs I've ever heard. Her contrast singing with Princess Cadence is what really makes it, in my book. I think what'll stand out with her is that she actually has minions who do the heavy lifting and gives you a new sense of dread... and an awesome battle scene with the Mane 6 and their "clones."

Okay, onto the episode itself. There are a lot of things that worked with this two-parter. While a lot of hype can work against a premiere, this one, I think, lived up to it because it didn't really make any promises of grandeur. It was simply trying to make what would be a sad thing, the end of a season, into something to look forward to, and it succeeded. The episode does a decent job with making plotlines converge, but I can't help but the plot may have progressed too fast, particularly in how fast Twilight's friends quickly disregarded their fears. Seems a little out of character for a group of friends who defended Equestria TWICE before. However, I'm glad to see that Applejack wasn't the forgotten pony in this episode, showing her multitude of talents and also being the one who is always first there for Twilight, even after getting her hat shoved in her face when she tries to defuse the situation between Twilight and Cadence.

The animation? As beautiful as ever. The songs weren't bad either.

The cameos also worked wonders. Lyra finally got lines, DJ Pon-3 appeared (and showed her maroon eyes!), Fancy Pants and Soarin appear with Rarity and Rainbow Dash respectively, and perhaps most notable was Princess Luna. I'm a little disappointed she didn't have more of a role, but I'd wager that she restores her might in the day and takes over at night when Celestia restores her's (evidenced by part 1's lines).

I could say more, but I've covered the majors. I enjoyed this episode thoroughly and this season ended with a bang. I'm pretty happy with everything all things considered. If I could change one thing in Season 2, it would have been that Applejack would have gotten her own song.

Season 1 made this series and Season 2 improved on it, in my book. Everything was taken a step up and very little was compromised. It's a little disappointing to hear the rumors that Season 3 may only have 13 episodes, because Season 2 showed no signs of slowing down the momentum of the writing team. Sure, there were episodes that weren't quite as good as others in Season 2, but I think it's safe money to say that this season probably had the best assortment of episodes, even if Season 1 has the most meme-worthy moments.

Oh yes... and APPLEJACK SQUEE'D! <3

Anywho, it's late, I'm tired, and I'm probably not going to be around for a few days. Going to be mighty busy with personal stuff. Take care, everypony, and goodnight!

Untitled

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

Macattack

Spoilers

(though everyone reading this thread has probably seen it already xD)

"Just wait until you see what I've got planned for the bachelor party!" - Best line. Ever.

The season finale was... meh. There was just so much hype everywhere on the internet, I thought I couldn't possibly afford to miss it. Oh well, this isn't the first time the internet has been wrong. -insert trollface-
Seriously though, I can't find much that I did like about the episode... The most disappointing thing about the episode was I barely made it through each horrible song session without ripping @Applejacklove's hands away from the computer. The new character were very thin and (as everyone's already said) Mary Sue-like and the new villain was also quite generic and yawn-worthy. (Discord > Changeling Queen any day of the week) However, the most disappointing thing about the finale was the lack of Big Macintosh. I mean, c'mon, both Applejack and Applebloom were there, doing something or other, but Big Mac couldn't even be seen in the vast crowd? >.>
I did like Pinkie's battle tactics though... and DJ PON-3's end appearance was epic. xD
From what I've seen though, Season 2 wasn't all that bad. I think I like it better than the first, although I still haven't seen every single episodes from either season.

Also, just one last thing...

Who bloomin' cares if Applejack squeed!? xD

Edited on by Macattack

"Bye squiggleTail. You were like an online pony father to me or something." - Retro-on-theGo

Chief_Braeburn

Hello everypony. The final episode was AWESOME! Big_Mac that line was the best ever.

Braeburn Chief of Police at the Manehatten Police Department.
My 3DS Fc : 3995-6538-0967

MasterGraveheart

A couple things, @Big_Mac.

1: You either really hate Discord, or your "greater than" symbol is backwards. If it is backwards, then most would agree that Discord owns.
2: This one goes out to everyone on the "Mary Sue" thing, but not every character can be as complex as the likes of Twilight Sparkle or Rarity. Especially if they're purpose is to only be around for one or two episodes.
3: If Big Macintosh actually were in the episode, his role probably wouldn't even been as big as the Crusaders. He'd either be getting pummeled by Changelings or be shoved into the background.
4: Who has two thumbs and cares if Applejack squee'd? THIS GUY! The squee has a bit of a following among fans. Applejack makes five. We now wait on Rarity, lol.

Actually, one thing comes to mind... if Luna comes back to the kingdom at night, then when Discord was shifting it between day and night, Luna must have been getting pretty frustrated. That thought makes me chuckle. ^^;

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

Macattack

@MasterGraveheart:
1: I actually love Discord as a character. ^^ As you suggested, I simply made a mistake and inserted the wrong symbol. (I'll change that right away)
2: lol Whatever... I guess if you wanna be technical, they shouldn't really be called Mary Sues. (since they have no time for character development) Even so, that doesn't mean have to like them as characters. xD
3: Well of course. But still, at least he would've been in the episode as a respective part of the shows expansive cast. I disagree with him being pummeled by changelings though; I believe Macintosh would've been on the offense. xP (especially if a few mares can put up a fight against the changelings)
4: I've noticed. I just "hate" the fanbase's obsession with these so-called "squees". xD I throw up like RevolverFace every time I see it happen. True story.

Are you always so over-analyzing of certain things, Graveheart? (jk) I gotta say, I enjoy your complex reasoning and analysis. ^^

@Braeburn01: Hi again. Indeed it is the best line. I was kinda disappointed when I didn't seen any bachelor party take place, but I must say, that line made for quite the consolation prize!

"Bye squiggleTail. You were like an online pony father to me or something." - Retro-on-theGo

MasterGraveheart

@Big_Mac::
1: I thought as much, but I wasn't COMPLETELY sure. ^^;
2: Beautiful thing about having an opinion, ain't it?
3: To be fair to you, I'd have at least liked to have seen Applejack in all 26 episodes this season, lol. Although, on the "if a few mares can put up a fight against the changelings" quote, let's also remember that Canterlot's royal guards were completely overwhelmed. No ordinary mares if you ask me.
4: If you think the squee thing is bad, wait until you see the one for duck facing, lol.

And no, I'm not terribly over-analytical. I just have grown to appreciate the subtle nods and things of note that this show peppers throughout each episode. I think that's a lot of the appeal for many, so I often end up watching an episode again ASAP to try to pick up on anything I might have missed if I was geeking out at certain moments, y'know? ^^;

@Everyone:

Okay, that'll do it for me for a while. See you all later this week. Be good!

Untitled

Edited on by MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart

Macattack

@MasterGraveheart:
1 & especially 2: You seem to be belittling me. xP sulks in a corner
3: Well yeah, I wouldn't have minded seeing more of the Apple Family in general (including Applejack), but I guess they don't run the show… ^^; "No ordinary mares if you ask me." - Are you suggesting that Big Mac is a regular colt? I didn't think so.
4: Wait, what? Duck facing? What is that exactly??? ...Or when is that exactly? (I'm so confused)

lol I understand. I was only "joshing" with you. there you go again, being over-analyzing and over-explanatory about why you're not over-analyzing and over-explanatory ^^

Wait a sec, you're leaving?! No, wait! Come back! Please answer my question! Pleeeeease! xD
…Answer me when you get back. Bye! ^^

Edited on by Macattack

JustAnotherUser

I LOVED that season finale!
The second part is my favorite. The singing was amazing as always and Lyra got lines!
And as an added bonus everypony got to see Vinyl Scratches eyes!
I like shining armor and I also like Cadence
@MasterGraveheart See you soon!

JustAnotherUser

ToastyYogurt

RevolverFlare wrote:

Revolver and Pinkie both head down to the train station, and board the next train to Manehattan. While in the train, Revolver looks out the window to help pass the time.

Then, suddenly, he sees something shocking.

A train passes by them, and inside of that train, was a man that looked exactly like Revolver.

"Uh...Ah..."

"What's wrong? You look like you've just seen a ghost, sir." said the train stewardess

While he should be annoyed by that comment, Revolver merely brushes it off.
"Uh... May I ask where the train that passed us is going?"
"To Ponyville."
"Oh... Thanks..."

What's going on?, thinks Revolver, with a very stern look on his face

The train comes to a stop, and a man that looks like Revolver steps out

Yet, the man wasn't Revolver. He was in fact a she. A she known by some as the Anti-Pinkie.

Anti-Pinkie had come to Ponyville to try and take over her old host, the original Pinkie Pie. Her current body was slowly being eaten away by a nest of Parasprites.

The train comes to a stop in Manehattan, and a man that is Revolver and Pinkie Pie step out.
"We're here! So, where did I kill you? I mean, where did the other me kill you? Gee, this is confusing...."

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Wildvine53

Oh my crackers, the season finale was awesome!

Spoilers Ahead

I really enjoyed the imposter princess, like @Teejay said, it reminded me of the Little Mermaid. The two Cadence's singing together was my favorite part of the finale. I thought the Changeling Queen was an interesting villain, and her army of changelings led to an awesome show down with the mane 6! I also enjoyed how Cadence and Shining Armor defeated the Queen, instead of the Mane 6 using the Elements of harmony again . Anyone else find it ironic that the Changelings were defeated by the very thing they were after? I enjoyed Cadence's montage at the end, and the reception was awesome. I think the Wedding was a great way to end the season, and I look forward to season 3.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Lunapplebloom

@Tare I like your picture. It's very striking.

@TeeJay That was exactly what I was thinking through the episode. And that song was ace, Disney quality even.

@FluttershyGuy Thanks for the reminder. I'll keep that in mind. Sorry you can't see it. I'm glad your putting your studies first.

@Bimmy_and_Jimmy That was awesome.

Glad you liked it Retro_on_theGo.

Hey @Crazyj. Haven't seen you in a while. @I-hate-ponies had a question for you.

You had some good points @MasterGraveheart. See ya around.

@MrGameluvr I never thought of that. You could be right, but I would think there would have to be a villain.

@Braeburn01 Hello again.

@RevolverFlare Is that John de Lancie? I'll ask you about it later.

Great RPing @Twilight_Crow and @Aqueous. You both really nail the characters.

Everyone else pretty much covered everything. Loved the songs and the whole episodes in general. There were some unexplained plot holes, but I'll let them slide. That was an epic final.

Goodnight everypony.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

JustAnotherUser

SPOILER

here is the BBBF song with a download link in the description.
The last song is being processed.
This Day Aria is now officially my favorite My Little Pony Friendship is Magic song
[youtube:PKlTyYozOX0]

JustAnotherUser

TeeJay

Since we are (or were) on the subject of RP's , I just remembered that I didn't bring you guys up to speed on mine.
As you may or may not know, this is my OC.
Untitled
His name is Tender Page. He runs a bookstore that isn't doing too well since most ponies already go to Twilight's library for books. He looks astronomy and stargazing, so naturally he is a big Luna fan. He's pretty shy but he has greatly improved since helping out at Sugarcube Corner. He has a terrible fear of heights, and so he never flies. Or hardly ever.

This is a new character I introduced a few days ago.
Untitled
It's Tender's little brother, Blazing Torrent. He's virtually Tender's opposite personality-wise. He's outgoing, athletic, and sometimes a bit of a showoff. On top of this, being young and all, he has not exactly developed tact. He will speak his mind regardless of whether his opinion will hurt others or not. It's not that he doesn't care, it's just that he's not aware he does this. He works at a Rainbow factory (no, not that one) and was recently assigned to help produce the rainbows in Ponyville, meaning he had to relocate there. Naturally he's now staying with his "big bro" at the book store.

Despite their huge differences, they're brothers and they love each other very much.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TheKingOfTown

Best episode ever.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.