Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 7,881 to 7,900 of 14,348

Nintengirl

Why? I thought it was very good.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

crazyj2312

I loved this episode! The Changling Queen's design was great! And that song...iPod worthy.

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9345-3153
blog

DeMoN-13ruce

sorry for my last comment everyone likes what he or she likes so every one can watch what he/she want too watch:)

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

Nintengirl

Twilight finally got a song to herself. I'd like to see her sing another one.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)

Nintengirl

Well lets just say things don't go as planned...

Syrup

Sigh...
From the very beginning, I was very iffy about Shinning Armor. He was he was never mentioned before, and we were supposed to just accept it. Cadence was such a Mary Sue, as well as Shinning Armor. I seriously didn't care for the villain; I didn't care if the Mane 6 succeeded or failed. She just seemed generic, like a stereotypical villain. I was also dissapointee by the lack of music. Yeah, I know that there was like 4 songs, but they pale in comparison to the previous songs. Actually, the entire Season 2 soundtrack was a disappointment.
All in all, I was fairly disappointed with Season 2. Hopefully, Season 3 will be better, though I'm worried by the fact that only 13 episodes are currently in production.

Nintengirl

Well personally I thought Season 2 was awesome, but you know everyone has different tastes.
Smile, Smile, Smile is best song.

CorporalPegasus

SPOILERS
I liked the season finale, but boy, was the villain (Princess Changeling? I never got her name.) a huge dissapointment...Especially after a villain like Discord. Discord was awesome, but this villain was just another Nightmare Moon. Also, i hate the lack of Applejack, Pinkie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and mostly Fluttershy. Fluttershy did absolutely nothing in this episode.
The best scene was the fighting scene. RAINBOW UPPERCUT!

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

GuardianKing

Sorry for double post.

Also, I don't care how generic Princess Changeling is (although she never quite filled me with shivers as did Discord. That guy had attitude.), but her plot is extremely risqué in a kids' show. I'm surprised how well the writers pulled of the action scenes in it, without too much violence, yet enough to satisfy everyone. Sure, the beginning was predictable, but her actions did in fact speak louder than her words.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

MasterGraveheart

@Nintengirl: Actually, the Nocturne thing was proven to be fake. Someone edited Wikipedia. So, no, no time travel, Derpy episode, or Luna/Celestia switch episode is confirmed for the start of next season.

I'll post my thoughts on Season 2 and the 2-Part Finale later. Spoiler alert? I'm probably going to be the polar opposite of what Squiggy said. I very much liked it. Tell you all why soon.

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

GuardianKing

Spoilers ahead.

@MasterGraveHeart I like it because the changeling queen actually DID something, as opposed to Nightmare Moon. NM just stood there and said "THE NIGHT SHALL LAST FOREVER!!!" Changelings broke into Canterlot, beat the crap out of the mane 6 and Celestia, captured Candace, and actually hurt other ponies on-screen. The level of violence isn't too high to receive complaints from parents, but it's enough to keep the older audience satisfied.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Twilight_Crow

This Finale was SO AWESOME!!! (Spoilers ahead of course)

That said it was not perfect but I appreciate the effort of Studio B to give something to all their audiences.
Yes, Shining Armor was a Mary Sue, a closed brother never mentioned before. pff please. But this show follows the rule of cartoons for kids, and I've seen the sudden appearance of a dear sibling far too much for it to bother me. That is scrpting for kids.
Cadence was ok, but as I predicted she was treated like a simple unicorn. The character was meant to be a Unicorn (even Faust said so), it become an Alicorn for Hasbro to have another special princess doll. I think she is a Princess kind of like Blueblood is, not an immortal Alicorn, maybe a Pegacorn? Whatever, I doubt we'll se her again honestly, but who knows.
I think Queen Changeling was great in both personality and design, and the changelings OMC!! I want one of those little imps so baaadly,
The mane6 were great they didn't get too much time to indept character but they were very involved.
Twilight had a full song yay. I liked her very much, and her brother-sister scenes were well written and cute.

Princess Celestia going all "I'll protect my ponies!" SQUEEEEEE (Can't comment about that cause I'm still squeeeing).
Yeah she failed, but she was against the Queen of a whole race that feeds on LOVE and they were in Equestria. Darn the fact the only way to beat her was with that same power, makes perfect sence to me.

@Morpheel Yes and no. I'm no expert here, but I'm pretty sure Luna was added later in the production of these episodes. Probably with not enough time to record conversations with her, nor modify the script for her to be more involved. I'm glad that she was added, even if it felt a bit forced. I thank studio B for deciding Luna had to be there.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow

@GuardianKing A Mary Sue is a perfect character that embodies all good things, never shows flaws and it is loved by everypony without a real explanation to why. Making a character be a never before mentioned relative is a cheap way to introduce a Mary Sue, as it was done here.

In the past I've seen several cartoon use this trick before to tell a story that needs a new character without going through the time consuiming problem of explaining why it is so important to one or more main characters, but sometimes during the story itself the Mary Sue can go beyond that and show his/her true self. This DOESN'T happen in this case and Shinning Armor remains a Mary Sue through the whole story.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.