Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 7,821 to 7,840 of 14,348

Tare

@AlbertoC, @GuardianKing.

It is often said a good concept will write itself. Behind every good piece of prose, piece of paper with cunning colours, is a story.
The trick is to have a simple story, the more complex, the greater chance of it being lost in translation.

WhiteDiamonds picture is simple. Merely Octavia writing music. But the lighting, the papers, it tells a very short story.
Albert do not despair. Upon closer inspection you should find mistakes in his works. The top part of the Cello is awkward, almost looks crooked. Her eyes almost seem to fall out of their sockets and drip onto her face. The legs of the drawer seem too small.

But it isn't about being perfect, because if your substance is powerful enough, your work will speak for itself. The hard part is not drawing something with great precession, it is making your work enjoyable to look at, fun to read, and wonderful to think about, to let your imagination make a story.

Remember good stories don't die, and it is better to have a few genuine responses to your work, rather than infinite hollow words.

If you create a picture for the sole purpose of enjoyment, others will enjoy it too.

Edited on by Tare

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

ToastyYogurt

RevolverFlare wrote:

Revolver took another sip of his coffee
"As you already know, Pinkie, we're both Paranormal Detectives. We solve crimes and mysteries dealing with that sort of thing. As you also already might know, we get requests from all across Equestria, for mysteries and such."

Revolver looked down at his coffee, and sighed.

"Right after we got back, I got a request from the Manehattan Police Department. There was this killer that they couldn't catch... They called 'em the "Cupcakes" killer, since after he sliced his victims open, he would bake and leave a tray of cupcakes behind. I knew that it was too dangerous to involve you, Pinkie, so I left in the middle of the night without saying a word."

They both sat in silence for a while

"It's a good thing that I didn't bring you... Since, you would've died, just like me."

"Oh, you mean that pony some ponies think is me? Almost everypony in town is scared of me because of her!"

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

shingi_70

Omg Kirby pony

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Syrup

Destroyer64 wrote:

RevolverFlare wrote:

Revolver took another sip of his coffee
"As you already know, Pinkie, we're both Paranormal Detectives. We solve crimes and mysteries dealing with that sort of thing. As you also already might know, we get requests from all across Equestria, for mysteries and such."

Revolver looked down at his coffee, and sighed.

"Right after we got back, I got a request from the Manehattan Police Department. There was this killer that they couldn't catch... They called 'em the "Cupcakes" killer, since after he sliced his victims open, he would bake and leave a tray of cupcakes behind. I knew that it was too dangerous to involve you, Pinkie, so I left in the middle of the night without saying a word."

They both sat in silence for a while

"It's a good thing that I didn't bring you... Since, you would've died, just like me."

"Oh, you mean that pony some ponies think is me? Almost everypony in town is scared of me because of her!"

"Wait... So, you've heard of this killer? I never did get a good look at him, I mean her. I guess that this might be easier than I thought."

AlbertoC

Tare wrote:

WhiteDiamonds picture is simple. Merely Octavia writing music. But the lighting, the papers, it tells a very short story.
Albert do not despair. Upon closer inspection you should find mistakes in his works. The top part of the Cello is awkward, almost looks crooked. Her eyes almost seem to fall out of their sockets and drip onto her face. The legs of the drawer seem too small.

But it isn't about being perfect, because if your substance is powerful enough, your work will speak for itself.

I just described the feelings i get when i look at that picture, those what you called "a short story". And i should correct you, as WhiteDiamonds isn't he but she. I am aware of the errors, like the strings appearing square in segments instead of straight,or the joint being sort of strange. I don't see anything wrong with the eyes. I printed this as well and have stared at it long enough.

Now i think is just as important to make a good picture and try to tell the viewer something with it. Not just make a skills show-off. And i think your "short story" concept is a very interesting one. I'll remember that...

Edited on by AlbertoC

3DS FC: 4554 - 0221 - 1785

AlbertoC

Take a look at those. More WhiteDiamondsLTD.
http://whitediamondsltd.deviantart.com/art/All-Dolled-Up-2929...

http://whitediamondsltd.deviantart.com/art/The-Doctor-Is-In-2...

EDIT: http://whitediamondsltd.deviantart.com/art/Fluttershy-Corrupt...

http://whitediamondsltd.deviantart.com/art/Pinkie-Pie-is-Vacu...

Those pictures also suceed in transmitting me feelings. And i should note that i don't like everything she has made.

Edited on by AlbertoC

3DS FC: 4554 - 0221 - 1785

Gummioguava

@MasterGraveheart I love the twilight Sparkle pic!! lol it's hilarious

@Flary I was going to collect the RP.. but it's kinda confusing as to what happens when and in what order... Could you please put them together and send it to me? Thanks!! (that is if you can.. meh, thanks either way ^^)

_Gummi is gumming on the side of the counter looking longingly at the donuts at the back counter. Gummi glances over to Pinkie Pie, who is talking to Flary. Gummi then looks back over to the donuts, then back to Pinkie, then the donuts, then Flary, then back to the donuts.

Previously I-hate-ponies
gummigator.deviantart.com
gummioguava.tumblr.com

Lunapplebloom

@FluttershyGuy Sorry I missed your other posts. I think your cast list for Kid Icarus is top notch. I can totally see everyone in the roles you handed out. Now all we need is someone to make it. Come on Nintendo, make it happen. Thanks for the pics.

@MasterGraveheart Poor Twilight. She could use somepony's assistance. Applejack sleeping is ace. Goodnight and Good morning.

@Bimmy_and_Jimmy That video looks interesting. I'll have to see it later.

@Blue_Ace Yes! Another brony has been discovered. I hope he finds his way here too. Thanks for the heads up.

@AlbertoC I enjoy your art all the same. The pieces you put up from WhiteDiamonds are great for sure, but you just need practice. I hope you continue to improve in your art skills, and become one of the best artists out there. I'm glad you got your computer up and running again. I'll probably do the same thing.

@I-Hate_Ponies Yay! Gummi has joined the the fray. You do some of the funniest things.

@Sony_70 Yes, Kirby ponies are the cutest things ever. This may be a bit off topic, but I love your username and avatar.

@RevolverFlare Thank you for your round up. I somehow missed that shower for some reason. That would have been cool to attend.

@Tare I would watch, but sadly I can't. thanks for finding it though.

Only one more day guys. I'm so stoked for it I can hardly wait. Just so everyone knows I will be attending a wedding at 1pm tomorrow Since we are in the future in Australia, that puts it on the 21st. Does anyone know where I'm going with this? The couple is getting married the exact same day the season final will air. Talk about strange timing.
Goodnight everypony.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

TeeJay

Kay guys, I just started attending a medical career institute, so my schedule goes: class from 6pm-10pm, study and do homework until 12pm or 1pm, wake up at 4am for work, work until 3:30pm at my two jobs, and finish up any unfinished homework and get ready for class again at 6pm.

What does this mean? It means I won't be here again for a long time. I may have some time on the weekends...I don't really know. Anyway, check your calendars. It's not April 1st. See you when I see you!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MrGameluvr

@TeeJay Good luck!!!!!

How is everyone doing today? By the way, I just recently converted my best friend into a brony (he hates me for it lol)

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.
Nintendo Network ID: MrGameluvr92

Nintengirl

I've been gone for a bit. Got my computer taken away.
But anyways I totally want that royal wedding set.
I was trying to convert one of my friends to be a brony/pegasister but she said she though Fluttershy's vocie was creepy.
Nuff' said.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.