Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 6,541 to 6,560 of 14,348

CorporalPegasus

Looks like someone deleted another post, can we finally stop? Its stupid.

I know why this makes me think of Star Wars! You know, in Episode III when Anakin gets flashforwards(is that a word in english?) he turns slightly insane/evil. But it probably has nothing to do with this episode, but for some reason this was the firs i tought of.

IGOR!

Wildvine53

@CorporalPegasus Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that part! Well they did have a Star Wars ceremony, who's to say this wasn't inspired by that.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

TeeJay

I don't watch any of the Star Wars so I wouldn't know....and while we're on the subject, frankly it annoys me that we're still getting all kinds of Star Wars crap shoved down our throats. I mean Star Wars in 3D now? Really? You know what that means? It means all the other bajillion episodes will be re-re-re-released in 3D as well!

/minirant

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Wildvine53

Untitled
I am getting sick of all the Star Wars re-releases, I know they're George's movies, but can't he just let them be?
I could watch this all day!

Wildvine53

CorporalPegasus

@dark_teejay Yeah, all those re-releases suck, but episode III-VI are all A+ movies in my book. Episode I sucks, Episode II was 'kay. The christmas special was a insane sitcom. Pony!

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

Tare

TeeJay wrote:

I don't watch any of the Star Wars so I wouldn't know....and while we're on the subject, frankly it annoys me that we're still getting all kinds of Star Wars crap shoved down our throats. I mean Star Wars in 3D now? Really? You know what that means? It means all the other bajillion episodes will be re-re-re-released in 3D as well!

/minirant

Seeing the original trilogy and possibly episode 3 in 3D actually sounds pretty cool.

But episode one was horrible.

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

CorporalPegasus

For the peoplez that never watched Star Wars:
[youtube:k4wh4FnwiAg]
Eeyup, even when they cut to the credits, the effect is 100% the same!

i loved this: One of my favorite movies being refrenced in one of my favorite cartoons? EPIC WIN

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

AlbertoC

Hello ponies!

While i was reading my everyday blogs (like EqD), i came across THIS:

HECF is a mexican variety blog that, aside from some of their topics being NSFW (but you can click the link safely), is very popular (among the population that does have internet access) because it takes a fresh look at local politics and everyday problems. Also, everyone is allowed to contact the administrators to submit contents for publishing. But please note that in the comments there is excessive swearing, if you decide to translate. But i'm talking about the blog entry that somebody (common user, not regular contributor) submitted, and got published.
http://hazmeelchingadofavor.com/2012/03/07/lo-que-my-little-p...

"What My Little Pony teached to me yesterday"

That title accompanied by JohnJoseco's picture of Fluttershy and Iron Will. I couldn't believe it. I almost fell off my chair. I tought i was seeing things, or that the cache got messed up, something.

Basically what the guy who wrote the post said was: he was on a Microbus (small bus) on a route, then at the middle of it the bus had no more people aboard and the driver refused to continue the route (lazyness, he wanted to return for more passengers.) Then the post author applied the Fluttershy technique of demanding his money back. And the driver complied.

But he did a very poor job explaining all of this.
-First off, almost nobody in Mexico knows that Friendship is magic exists, or the premise of the show. But they do know what MLP is and immediately, without imagination or initiative, pointed completely stupid prejudices of him being "gay" or a six year old girl. (I really hate this attitude, and here it's not uncommon.)
-He didn't explain the premise of the episode, adding to the confusion. (What i get is that he was in a very defensive position about he watching the show, and thus unable to say those details. He got insulted nonetheless.)
-About the comments: 95% are useless, senseless, tasteless swearing and chat. 5% insult the author of the entry. Add the reckless attitude the majority of members have... A total chaos. I made a comment on it too, saying that it is very poorly written and nobody understood a thing.

A very good entry completely wasted by those flaws.

But the admins illustrate the entries... And they illustrated it properly, even when the author didn't mention the episode in question... Or Iron Will... And after googling MLP would be easy to get a tough looking, G3 or less, completely unrelated picture... Uh oh. An admin there is a brony! (He/She HAS to be following the fandom somehow to get the picture so good in context.)

EDIT: Submitted my reply to the blog, now wait and see if they publish it
EDIT 2: rewrote some portions of the text.

Edited on by AlbertoC

3DS FC: 4554 - 0221 - 1785

CorporalPegasus

People where deleting old posts to get post #7000. Thats all.

IGOR!

AlbertoC

CorporalPegasus wrote:

People where deleting old posts to get post #7000. Thats all.

Uhh, i just noticed.

This means all the links may or may not be broken. I'm also just knowing that SquiggleFlare left for the downtown.

3DS FC: 4554 - 0221 - 1785

Tare

So, this is neat

Epic pony war.

I'll leave it at that.

Actually, some of the BG music sounds quite a bit like this
[youtube:I80pc9jZ_t8]

Edited on by Tare

Wildvine53

@Tare OH MY GLOB! What could have happened in such a short amount of time? I wonder if this is going to be a self fulfilling prophecy. Future Twilight warns present Twilight of something terrible, which causes present Twilight to try and prevent it, only to cause the event herself.

Wildvine53

Aqueous

@Everypony - Sadly I've got a message, I'll be sharing in about 2 hours. Be ready.

Predictable, particularly when they start to say.

Spoilers (highly likely, as I guessed the last episode correct or at least a nice chunk of it, she learned to be aggressive not assertive)
Time travel Hitcher's Guide to the Galaxy.
-Twilight Sparkle gets message, learns of time spells.
-Goes to steal time spells
-Learns she should not have
-Tries to warn herself
-Thinks she can change time forgetting what happened
-Events repeat

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Tare

Aqueous wrote:

@Everypony - Sadly I've got a message, I'll be sharing in about 2 hours. Be ready.

I never quite understood time delays.

Have fun/good luck during/on your break/test.

Lunapplebloom

@Aqueous I hope it isn't what I think it is. I'm ready for whatever it is you have to say. Also I didn't delete any posts. I was caught off guard just like you were. And I know no one leads the thread I was just going with it for fun, but I understand what your getting at. Those spheres are nice. I like the green one best.

@AlbertoC Wow, that's nice, though he should have explained himself better.

@Tare I think I'll avoid that for now, but thanks anyway.

Yes Star Wars + ponies = awesome. Though I understand why Star Wars gets so much flack with all these changes and re releases it gets. I would like to see the other episodes in 3D though.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Aqueous

@Tare - I had to do some more studying. Thank you.

@Applejacklove - I know, still I sent the swapnote out as a general message, I think I'm missing only 2-3 irregular posters. So I figured everypony should be filled in. I'm afraid it is your fear.

RevolverFlare sadly is done with the forum. He's rather upset about early yesterday morning/last night depending on your time zone and plans on not coming back. I hate being a barer of bad news but sadly, he's finished posting. I've got a request for Twilight_Crow, but I'll wait till she comes on from him. I'm sorry to bring it, as I was hoping he was joking but he's not. I'm not happy either that he is gone.
Good night everypony, hope you sleep well.
Untitled
^How I'm feeling over this^
Also his project is still on going, so I think we can find him there.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Tare

Aqueous wrote:

@Tare - I had to do some more studying. Thank you.

RevolverFlare sadly is done with the forum. He's rather upset about early yesterday morning/last night depending on your time zone and plans on not coming back.
Untitled
^How I'm feeling over this^
Also his project is still on going, so I think we can find him there.

He's not the type to get angry over something like that.
I expect wonderful progress on his project when he returns.

Also, I apologize for coming off as eh...dry. I thought your announcement would be about how you have to leave the forum because you have to study in Alberta whilst fighting grizzly bears during march break.
It was never meant to be insulting.

Edited on by Tare

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.