Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 5,261 to 5,280 of 14,348

ToastyYogurt

Hasbro hasn't really given much of a crap about bronies before now (they're being redeemed with White Celestia, a Trixie figure, etc.), and they've just been doing what they've always done, without paying much respect to the ponies hair styles (Too many of those Pinkie figures look like Pinkamena....) or what pets or accessories they would usually be seen with (For the love of Celestia, Rainbow Dash is not Scootaloo!). I believe now they're starting to care a bit more about them. The blind bags and newer McDonald's toys are looking pretty good.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

EvilRegal

About going in-store to buy ponies, man, everypony is too wrapped up in their own world to notice or care what you're buying. Half the time they're too wrapped up in their own cell phone conversations to know you're EVEN THERE, as you find out when they slam their cart into your gut!!! And the cashiers? I'd venture to guess 99.9999% of them only care about clocking out, and getting home away from hordes of friggin people! The only time I've ever really had a cashier raise an eyebrow is when I'm buying something that interests them, or a new item they're intrigued by. If you wanna bypass them, there's always the self check-out lanes just think of how many human jobs those have eliminated).

If somepony did notice and raise an issue about it, when it comes to strangers I'm one of those "I'm a consenting adult, and you don't pay my bills" types. My love and tolerance skills could use some improvement, because I might be VERY assertive with them. I'm old enough I COULD claim that it's for my daughter, or a niece. But, I'd throw it in their face, saying: "THIS IS MAI PONY, WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?"

Of course, the one thing is that the Wally-Mart I usually get ponies from is right close by my old workplace (where I'm hopefully about to get a job). An old co-worker seeing me buy ponies might make for juicy gossip at the work place. Then again, they know I'm a "unique individual", so that'd probably say it's just "Walter being Walter."

If somepony is really shy about buying ponies in-store, there's always Amazon ("Wallace, what's the website for amazon.ca?" hee hee) and the gazillion online stores. As a matter of fact that's what I need to do since my Wal-Mart's pony selection is BLEEP!

Something else, I think being a Brony has less and less stigma attached to it all the time. At first, new concepts are frowned upon. But, we become more and more accepted as time passes. Just look at 4chan opening the pony board. WAYYYYYY back in the early 1990s, I remember hearing about snowboarders on the ski slopes, and what a nuisance the other skiiers considered them. Now, in 2012, we have the Winter X-Games, it's just acceptable as skiing, and I don't even need to go into Shawn White's popularity.

@Applejacklove
AWWWW! I can't get enough of adorable sleeping ponies! What's Sweetie Belle off doing when she can pile on too? Some CMC she is, LOL!

@CorporalPegasus
Awww yeah! I'm all for pony spin-offs! "The Adventures of Derring Do" Would be must-see TV (apologies to NBC). And you know Rainbow Dash would tune in. Rainbow Dash watches something, I watch it!

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

ToastyYogurt

@ZeroX: Yeah, I realize that Pinkie's hairstyle can be hard to make, but they managed to pull it off with the Blind Bags and McDonald's toys, and it's still brushable hair. Also, were those accessories used in pre-FiM ponies?

@FluttershyGuy: Love the Scott Pilgrim reference.
There's also Hasbro's online store, which probably has the widest selection.

Also, I'd watch a Daring Do TV show. Unless that means FiM only gets new episodes every other week.

Eh, I'd still watch it. I mean, moar ponies.

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Syrup

Speaking of merchandise; Who here has already per-ordered "The Friendship Express" DVD? I highly recommend that you guys get it, since it's currently only 10 bucks at Amazon.com. It comes with 5 episodes (Friendship is Magic Parts 1 & 2, Over a Barrel, Hearts Warming Eve, The Last Roundup), totally worth the 10 dollar price. Plus, it you get Character Bio's, Extended Theme Sing-a-long, a Fluttershy coloring page and the ability to watch the episodes whenever you want! Buy the DVD so that ShoutFactory! can release the DVD boxset! So, go out and pre-order it! I already did!

Untitled
When you see it....

Edited on by Syrup

Aqueous

@FluttershyGuy - What kind of cashiers do you have? The ones up here are friendly, at least making light conversation. You seem to have strange people in your malls.

@ZeroX - Ouch, poor reporter and the other one, well he kind of ruined himself.

I would guess they would have the most luck with Daring Do but we shall see what happens.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Tare

I'm a bit disappointed that my story isn't ready for the competition.
Though I suppose it's best written carefully and not hastily.

Phooey.

I think I might start downloading the Youtube videos. I'd like to view them later.

Edited on by Tare

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

EvilRegal

@Destroyer64
As a fellow Scott Pilgrim fan, you may appreciate these...
@TeeJay
You too, hee hee!
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Spike as Scott, and Rarity as Ramona. Yup, works for me. I can just see Apple Bloom as Knives, going ninja (give her a ninja throw star/katana cutie mark ). Who would be evil-ex Roxy Richter?

@SquiggleTail
That's a damn good episode lineup! Plus the extras and FLUTTERSHY COLORING PAGE? SOLD!!!

@Aqueous
Cashiers I run into are basically friendly, but will only speak and make small talk if you do the same. Others you don't get a peep out of except when they give you your total. Not sure about Canada, but I guess what little they're paid here and few benefits, you're lucky they're motivated enough to push the required keys on the register and take your cash. As a matter of fact, some times I pay attention to other shoppers at the store/wherever, and there are a lot of unhappy campers here that look generally p*ssed off/dissatisfied. They need moar pony in their lives! And malls? Oh my Celestia. The one thing they're good for to me is trying to get StreetPasses. I don't like getting mauled at the mall!

Oh, I guess GameStop must pay their employees a little more. When I went to pick up Final Fantasy XIII-2 a couple of weeks ago, the cashier did a little moonwalk for me. I was like LOLWUT??? O_o Have to give him credit for trying and having more personality than a rock, though (no offense to Tom ).

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Aqueous

@FluttershyGuy - Streetpass tags!? Your lucky to get them here unless the streetpass group gathers. I got maybe one tag without them at a mall. Good luck not getting mauled.

Oh my,
http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d4qbw3p

FlutterhsyGuy, I think you'll like this one,
http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d4qah1b

Aqueous

@SquiggleTail - I thought we already knew it was coming?

Aqueous

@Squiggles - You want to play smash bros?

Aqueous

@SquiggleTail - I can't get the tv to switch to game but I'd play Super Smash Bros. Brawl with you if I could.

looping smile, smile, smile,
[youtube:PNJPDasfYV4&feature=related]

Edited on by Aqueous

Tare

It was confirmed a while ago, but rumor was it was only going to be a half season (13 episodes)
Though it appears an animator has confirmed it'll be longer. The fact that they haven't said 26 episodes yet is still making me a little worried.

Anyway, an animator is answering questions on ponychan

Here you go
http://www.ponychan.net/chan/pony/res/36215933.html#36216028
This might clear the confusion.
[youtube:bmpMP06YElc]

Edited on by Tare

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.